Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Thoughts on the bird flu - Minitokyo

Thoughts on the bird flu

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

As you have probably heard there is a disease called the bird flu. It originated in asia and from there has spread rapidly around the world. Right now it only kills birds and people who are in constant contact with birds. Scientists are afraid that if it mutates it could cause a world wide pandemic killing millions of people. I don't know about you but I am heck scared. What about you? What do you think?

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Luckily I'm on the other side of the world, but I have heard about the bird flu. Poor birdies. T_T I have one sitting on my leg right now, but it's not some random pigeon I took from the street.
Hope those scientists stop the disease from turning into a pandemic!

I think its serious for sure but I also think theres a lot of hype about this, and that some facts have been... skewed for the general public. I'm not worrying about it right now.

Anmras

Pockey!

Maybe it'll shake some people up enough that they'll actually start living. For all we know it could be a good thing.

0^_^0*hug*0^_^0

If you like to draw, go here --> http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/33838/

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

Two words:

Mass paranoia.

That is all.

I do feel bad for the birds though. Poor things.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

The media always does blow things out of proportion, still this is something to be worried about. And most countries are already taking steps to prevent the spread, so hopefully it won't be so bad.

ladyai

ladyai

~*serinity from within*~

That's really scary when you think about it. I hope they find a cure for this disease and soon before it begins to spread. I'm glad you put this thread out. I hadn't really given much thought until now.

Ja ne ^_^

Signature
sigi and ava made by dianas for ladyai ;)

Meh, I don't eat chicken. The worst I'll probably get is Mad Cow Disease.

Hey,haveyou heard? They've isolated a strain of aviaflu virus that has developed immunity against oneof the two most commonvaccines around (Tamiflu or Relenza? I can't remember which).

Good publicity for "Chicken Little", yeah?

nitetrain

nitetrain

!! IM DOWN WITH THE CLOWNS !!

well all i can say is i hope i dont get that crap thats y i live every day like its my last day on earth :)

ITS ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTILL SOMEBODY GETS HURT, THEN ITS HOLARIOUS... LOL

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I think its all a bunch of hype spread by the media. There was suppost to be other ones simular to this and it never happen.

Signature

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

Media's job is to scare ppl, that's all they really think about because it gives them good ratings. They only push things over to the point that some ppl become numb to feeling to protect themsleves.

The bird flu today, mad cow, a huracaine the flu, die while crossing the street.. anything and everything could happen. Worry about it and it'll kill you.

Jaszi5

If it does mutate it will just be natures way of trying to cut down on already over populated species ie humans.
Though it probally won't be as bad as the media make it out to be, things never are after all it's their job to make us all as scared of things as possable so the govenment can push any old stupid law past without anyone complaining.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by jaszi5Media's job is to scare ppl, that's all they really think about because it gives them good ratings. They only push things over to the point that some ppl become numb to feeling to protect themsleves.

The bird flu today, mad cow, a huracaine the flu, die while crossing the street.. anything and everything could happen. Worry about it and it'll kill you.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

Signature

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

The bird flu is real. There is no safe place on earth as birds migrate over the lot. There is a danger that the disease will mutate to be able to be passed on between people. This is a very real danger. To call it a media beat up is putting your head in the sand. Explain to me how the plague was a media beat up again. No actually, it was rats. There have been several pandemics in the last century and world travel didn't really happen till the last half of it. Birds travel further and faster than rats. People travel faster than birds. There is, thank god no gaurantee that it will happen. However,to deny it - it's rightful due is foolish, dangerous and primitive.

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

actually there's another thread on the same thing...

http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/38344/avian-flu/

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

Wwll of course the bird flu is real seeing as people have died from it all I'm saying is you should belive what the media tells you. If you want the truth you should vist the websites of The WHO and the CDC who have to deal with this.

down with birds!

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

Quote by duowolf
Though it probally won't be as bad as the media make it out to be, things never are after all it's their job to make us all as scared of things as possable so the govenment can push any old stupid law past without anyone complaining.

I agree about that thing with the government

gekiganger

Reckless Flyer

it will be gone in a few months :D

Rock n Roll FIRE!!
:D SIG DISABLED :D
Rock n Roll FIRE!!

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

That is a danger and needs to be solved.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

the only thing that worries me is that we're not being otld enough about it and what to do so i'm a bit scared =<

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Well, they had a story on it on my local news. They werent making a big deal out of it. They said you have to come into direct contact with it, via bird crap, touching there skin and so on. So the ppl prepareing it have to worry. Also they said cooking the meat kills it.

Signature

it's very much on everyone's minds and certainly a lot of chickens have been killed because of it.
i've heard that it might be very bad if it spreads

Not only would this affect our healths, but there would be other consequences as well. For example, the repercussions on global trade would be devastating. Given that virtually all major economies have a surplus with the US, trade disruptions would shutter manufacturing plants and curtail global demand for most commodities... So this would affect us on more than one front.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.