Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FFVII - Sad Moment - Minitokyo

FFVII - Sad Moment

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4918/sadmoment2yx.th.jpg

Ok, another stab taken at this. Hopefully Ill get a bit more feedback, if any is really needed. And as far as the background goes..its either the slightly rockish, abstract-y one here or a night sky. I dunno which to use.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Cool :) but needs some work here and there.

* Extraction...mostly fine, but there are still white artifacts here and there. &, yeah, I think you're going to need to re-outline the girl's leg :) A little vectoring should make it fine.

* There's a lot of very sudden transitions: water to guy, water to ledge, ledge to trees. It looks like you've started some mist around the guy's legs. I think if you expand on that, so the mist is covering the water, you could smooth over a lot of those transitions.

* The trees...they look sort of strange to me o_0 They're all transparent-ish, and the gray ones are all blurry around the edges. Maybe download a set of tree brushes with larger brushes. Also, the color scheme sort of clashes for me.

* The bg looks sort of empty. Is this supposed to be in a building? cause that's what it looks like. If this is supposed to be outside, you may want to add some stars and sky effects. Not too much though, since the water is already pretty light.

* Some text would be nice. :)

Hope this helps.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

ok.. scan: extraction is okay except for a few spots... and the girls legs are weird indeed ^_^', you can do as bluSake said i guess, or you could try to add something in the foreground to hide it, and maybe it would make your wall feel less 2-dimensional as well, and make the bg look less empty...

for the water, i thing it needs a lot of work, it looks more like some kind of vaporous substance... just doesn't look like water..

as for the bg, it looks a little artificial ^_^', the trees don,t look real, neither does the sort of borderline above the "water"..

good work though, i kind of like the general mood in your wall... very sad, but i love it anyways

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

Welll, see, Im basing this off of the Cetra place in FFVII, and the trees there dont look normal anyway. in AC, in fact, they do glow. So they wont look like normal trees anyway. Otherwise..*shrug* Back to the drawing board

merged: 11-16-2005 ~ 09:14am
Ok folks, updated! Let the problems continue to flow

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

Patlabor13

Patlabor13

The Last Sane Man

Yes, the trees behind Cloud and Aerith stand out a lot. See about making them crystaline as in AC, white if nothing else. Use some particle effects maybe. Good luck.

I shall reveal my FPS secret technique. Shoot em in the face... Don't tell anyone, OK?

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Erm.... I think the way you cut the scan (using some soft eraser I think) is kinda weird.. it looks as if the scan is floating (and not joined as it should be) .. I think you should make some obvious ripple around it, and try to cut it in the exact manner (use hard eraser, or make use of the pentool/poly lasso tool) :D

Ummm, I can see a line behind there...you need to remove it ;)

Well, more work is to be done on the water >.< as I said, the ripple needs to be more obvious :D

Your extraction looks okay, but I can still see extra black outline on Cloud's hair... either that, or you use drop shadow on that part, I think it should be removed >_>

Umm, there is no need to blur Aerith's lower body I think.... but the scan is way too clear for the background.. maybe you would wanna duplicate, gaussian blur the new layer and change its opacity and mode (overlay/soft light/etc) to make it suit the wall more? Or you could just tweak a bit with the color balance as well as the brightness and contrast :)

Erm, I do not think the border thingy actually suit the wall >_< it is way too exact, you should try randomise it even more... but even then, it would look weird if only the sky part has such border, and it would be weird too if the whole wall has it >.< but if you insist on having it, I say make it less busy but more random :)

Oh, the color of the sky should be varied and not the same from top to bottom (I think bottom part should be darker) ^^ umm, and I think a night sky would be a better background than the abstract one..why not post that version too so that we can comment on it ? ;)

I really have no complaint about the trees..

Ummm, but you should try reconsidering the color theme of the whole wall to suite the scan and water ;) (btw, water color needs to be more varied too :D)

I hope that helps ;)

Signature

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Since this is an old Sandbox thread, I'll assume that it's no longer needed. So I'm going to close this thread to clean up the clutter in the Sandbox.

If you actually still need this thread open, let me know.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.