Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MP3 vs AAC? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 4 total items

dnandre

dnandre

it's ... nothing

hi....everyone
1st
which one is the best from the size, sound quality, compatibility, and easily to edit, is that MP3 or AAC?
and 2nd
do you know some software that can convert mp3 file to aac file? i know Winamp 5.1 can do that but Winamp 5.1 can only ripping from CD not from harddrive. i want some software that can do that from harddrive, and where can i find that software? (freeware is better ^^)

Signature

bindermichi

bindermichi

Slayer of Tomatoes

If you want to compare MP3 to AAC you'll have to take a 256KBit VBR MP3 agains a 128KBit AAC (about 6Mb to 3.5mb in size at same length)

Since i got myself a Pod i use iTunes to convert AAC, but since AAC has a much better quality in sound than MP3, converting won't change the quality of the file.

But if you have an audio CD you can rip it directly to AAC, but i had some problems managing ID-Tags with WinAMP in earlier 5.x versions. Everytime I changed the tags, the file got corrupted and was useless.

Always keep in mind on which devices you want to play your files. Most DVD players can handle MP3 but no AAC files, same for most MP3 players.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

ACC is the best, but like binder said, there are no players.....with the exception of the PSP......they have a program that cand convert and decode ACC flies....

merged: 11-14-2005 ~ 10:51am
ACC is the best, but like binder said, there are no players.....with the exception of the PSP......they have a program that can convert and decode ACC flies....

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

icom158

mp3 is ancient technology. All current generation compressions like wmv, aac and ogg vorbis are better than mp3. I like ogg vorbis, because it is an open standard, so there are no royalties, but it takes a bit more computer power to decode them. mp3s are good for portable players, because they take less processing power, so longer battery life.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.