Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think we should wear uniforms? - Minitokyo

Do you think we should wear uniforms?

page 3 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next » 221 total items

Potential Benefits of School Uniforms

* Preventing gang colors, etc. in schools
* Decreasing violence and theft because of clothing and shoes
* Instilling discipline among students
* Reducing need for administrators and teachers to be 'clothes police' (for example, determining whether shorts are too short, etc.)
* Reducing distractions for students
* Instilling a sense of community
* Helping schools recognize those who do not belong on campus

Potential problems of School Uniforms

* Students and parents argue that uniforms violate their freedom of expression (see below for more about what the Supreme Court has to say on this)
* Parents raise concerns about the cost
* Families fear it might interfere with religious clothing like yarmulkes

Quote by RSAgent007Potential Benefits of School Uniforms

* Preventing gang colors, etc. in schools
* Decreasing violence and theft because of clothing and shoes
* Instilling discipline among students
* Reducing need for administrators and teachers to be 'clothes police' (for example, determining whether shorts are too short, etc.)
* Reducing distractions for students
* Instilling a sense of community
* Helping schools recognize those who do not belong on campus

Potential problems of School Uniforms

* Students and parents argue that uniforms violate their freedom of expression (see below for more about what the Supreme Court has to say on this)
* Parents raise concerns about the cost
* Families fear it might interfere with religious clothing like yarmulkes

Wow a whole encyclopedia of reasons!
I agree with your points. Especially the sense of community and clothes policy thing. Our school called them "Dress Codes" until we started wearing uniforms. I'm glad you pointed out the problems. My mom was kind of complaining because the uniforms were expensive but not that good quality. We didn't have religious problem because our school is a Christian school and I am a Christian

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

ZhuangQuan

ZhuangQuan

Believe in What You Believe

I never wear a uniform before. Because I live in Finland and we don't wear uniforms over here. But I would like to wear 1 that I don't need to change my clothings everytime LOL

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

I had to wear unifom while I was in primary school. Thank Primus those days are over. But I don't see uniforms as something bad.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Raiynagh

Raiynagh

fr0gm45+3r

Personally, I go to a school with a very strange uniform, which can only be bought at one or two shops in the town. Not only is it excessively expensive, but its oddness sets us apart in a bad way, also implying all the 'qualities' students at my school are supposed to have.

We still need "clothes police" as RSAgent007 calls them, because the uniform is such a symbol of the school that to wear it improperly is seen as dishonouring the school, so we even have a special punishment for doing so.

However, it does have its benefits (if only to a madman). For example, being in my house I get to (no, have to) wear a gown :)

If we talk in a very high pitched voice, the fish can't hear us...

harry potter clothes

no; i cant stand wearin the same outfit everyday =(

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

stuff you harry pofta. i dont like him. Well umm freedom of choice is a suggestion that i would press on.

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Luckster

Luckster

d u a l i t y

Quote by vatican92I don't think we should wear uniforms. The reason is that we look all the same in our uniforms. It doesn't show our uniquness. Wearing our own clothes doesn't actually show our uniquness unless you wear chains and spikes but who'd actually want to be like everyone in the school?

I agree that it doesn't show your 'uniqueness', judging by clothing alone. However, wearing chains and spikes will make you more unique? Then if everyone is striving to be unique, wouldn't they wear those, thus making the population "identical" in what they wear? (disregarding the type/size/style of the chain/spike...)
To have your own uniqueness, you have accessories to spice the bland uniform up, your hair, your face, and YOURSELF to bring out your unique style, though it may be based on something else - such as an idol, so technically it's not really unique.

From personal experience, it seems that NO ONE strives for uniqueness, we conform too much. I mean in a HUGE population, if you count the number of people who has spikes/chains, there's a hefty group of people that wears those things. Uniqueness doesn't really exist - everything has to based on a common strand.
So why not wear a uniform for your instituation, whether it may be for school, or police?

Personally, I like how uniforms look (the good ones). You look more sophisticated and mature. You're easily recognizable - such as the police (might want to avoid 'em when speeding down the city roads XD)

Signature

Well I guess uniqueness can't be really shown in the world full of people but I really want to be as different as possible compared to others. Well not really different that nobody wants to talk to me but just enough for others to think of me as different

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

rituel

rituel

kLepToMAniaX Designs

i really think it depends on which part of the popularity list you're in... For the people on the top, it could possibly be a disadvantage because people wouldn't get to see their 'cool' side.. For the people at the bottom of the list (such as myself) it's an advantage because people can't see how bad i dress..

Then again, it all depends on each person't choice and taste... (don't you just hate inconsistency?)

Having been in many different schools and encountering various degrees of "clothing freedom", I would say that I prefer school uniforms for various reasons. Firstly, you dont have to worry too much about what to wear. Secondly, you dont have to worry about staying 'fashionable'. They also help create a sense of school spirit.

However, I do have an issue with school uniforms that don't let girls wear pants during the winter.... grrrrr

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

it cut down on competition between peers as far as clothing went when I was in middle school, and it costs less to go shopping for school clothes each year.

I hated the uniform in middle school. I look back on it and realize I saved my parents a lot of money on school clothes for me.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

-Gamer-

G for Game

if girls wear really short skirts like in animes.....HELL YEAH!

Signature
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regardless of what happnes our lives are finite we all know we will grow old and, someday our lives will end, thats why we try so hard to live each day to the fullest thats why we keep stubling on by trial and error but, it isnt just for ourselves its so we can leave some sign posts for the people following our footsteps
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well..wearing uniforms are better cos it's disipline unless the uniform really look ugly but I would prefer not wearing uniform lol

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

I've had to wear a uniform at some schools, and I didn't have to at others. I prefer not to wear them, but when it comes down to it, required uniforms really don't matter.

Nobody cares what you wear....and if they do, nobody else cares about their opinion, whether they act like it or not. Humans are silly like that.

I personally like not having uniforms because I like t-shirts, and I like wearing cargo pants (those pockets are very useful), which were both banned at those schools which required uniforms.

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

It doesn't bother me much..whether wearing or not wearing....
but one thing good bout it is that u don have to worry what to wear everyday to school......

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

well, it would look very cool if they had school uniforms like that and i personally am leaning towards the ax uniforms. i'm not a fan of the zaft uniforms; they seem too....i dunno....wierd XD

If you become lost my love, and joy turns into despair, I'll send a star of deepest gold to let you know I'm there.

blackdagger

blackdagger

Too much to handle

Uniforms?......

If it is a sailor fuku.....

>-I do WHat i waNt<-
GoT anY Problems

Quote by revontuletHmm i love uniforms...u dont have to think about what to wear to school...the good thing is that we have the freedom to wear what ever jewels, shoes, socks, dye our hair, have piercings...thats enough freedom for me! Uniforms have order :) U can wear whatever u want outside of what ever obligations u have...

agree with u..

'' live life to the fullest''

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Ummm... wearing a uniform doesn't prevent you from being unique. If you can't find a way to work your uniqueness into your uniform, then it most probably means that you weren't all that unique in the first place. I like my uniform, even though it's old fashioned, it's pretty and I don't have to worry about what to wear.

Brownie the Cat

I love my sch uniform, actually i think it`s better to hav sch uniform rather dan wear ur own so tat u do nt need to spend time on thinking what u shud wear! And most of all it doesn`t show ur background , no matter whether u r rich or poor!

woundeds0ul

woundeds0ul

strawberries~ XD yuuuuummmmm~~~

:D me..personally thinks that school uniform is the greatest thing in all schools...
and it should be done...with lots of commitment from the student body the uniform can look good...accordingly to everyone's taste...^_^'
but i think it also takes the problem of peer pressure and the whole division between the "popular people" and the "nerds" ,being the most broad and stereotypical view, away...

but...also it does depend on one's financial status...and me not coming from such a rich family...woundie knows what its like to not have the latest clothes and accessories and whatever....the school uniform makes people see people as who they are...and not by what they wear...
if you want to be unique...be unique...you dont have to rely upon fashion to express who you are...i think the uniform is great... :Dalso...it saves time in the morning especially when you're late XP~~

Signature

waaahh~!!! its a return~~!!! woundie ish back minna~~!! >.<
did you miss me..??? ^-^

YES! .. we have to wear uniform..coz i'm to lazy to think what to wear just to go to school/college ... uniform make my life easier

page 3 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next » 221 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.