Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Background ideas - Minitokyo

Background ideas

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Link: work in progress

Eh.. I have been working on this for way too long. Almost finished with the character but I have no idea what to put for a bg. I don't want anything like a sky or those usual trendwhore wallpaper type bgs (though I may end up doing that if there is nothing else) but something different that matches with the character would be nice. Only I dunno what.. and all that white space there to fill. Anyone got any ideas? It would be much appreciated, thanks (:

Signature Image

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

wow nice work on the scan.
NOt sure what kinda bg u like.
But in my opinion this kinda wall can go well with a nice scenery >.>

Genericly speaking theone with the mon and mopuntain on the bg XD
However i'd like to see what u can come out with ^_^
and maybe retaingin monochromatic quality would be nice ^___^.

Good lukc with it

TekkZero

TekkZero

Kouji Maeda Must Die!

Is a great scan; she has a kind of "loneliness" feeling around... I'll go with a similiar BG...

maybe:

-a small town at night
-an open forest
-ancient buildings/houses
-a wide and full of stars sky

anythin with no other pepople in it, or something like that...

ZERO: "Begone, My Nightmare!"
X: "Farewell, My Destiny!"

"FINAL STRIKE!!!!!"

monochromatic... *shudders* I've actually been trying to keep the character from looking monochromatic, but I haven't been doing very well with that I guess. I know that I DO want a scenic background, I just don't want the usual type of scenic background that we see in a lot of wallpapers. They just.. all feel the same, even if they are nice. Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll keep them in mind.

--
edit: missed your post tekkzero cuz I was typing a response to calisqo, sorry ^^;

Those do sound like some really nice ideas though (except.. *crosses off starry sky one* a bit too overdone everywhere hehe, but I really like your other ones) Thanks for the feedback guys (:

Signature Image

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

This is really magnificient. I'm still #1 fan of your style ^_^ Gah ... i thought you were still "auto banned" and i had to left mt so i hadn't had any news from you. I'm just back here and I see you're back too ; so i'm really happy ^_^
I think you are even better at coloring and your style gets stronger regarding emotions and attitude of the character. I'm really really fan of this drawing. It reminds me one of the doujinshi i have in the omnibus volume 4 regarding quality ^_^

If you don't mind i have some ideas for the background but it will maybe be difficult to do.
Well she seems to be looking backward with a kind of sadness ; like she is thinking "am i ready to go ahead or should i walk back"
So i think about two backgrounds :
1) a sinuous road in the countryside ; with warm colors during the autumn.
2) a church where she would had to enter *a link with the cross she has* I imagine the big door open and we can see the inside of the curch with rays of light entering from the church windows. And maybe an altar and nice seats with reds colors and stuff looking majestuous. A kind of majestuous lookin' cathedral ^_^

These are my two ideas.
I haven't any idea why i'm no more notified about your submissions ^^' so i'll check your page directly.
Have a nice day ^^

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

when i see her.. i think of the waterfall.. with water gushing noisily in the background...

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

When in doubt check:

http://www.grsites.com/textures/

You don't need to use their textures just look at them as an idea to make your own ones.By example in this case I would recommend a wood or nature like background.

And as I said wood like, a screen like design would be nice too.Some interesting japanese folding screens:

http://www.findaproperty.com/story.aspx?storyid=4510

http://www.clevelandart.org/educef/asianodyssey/html/4249280.html

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ecchi-Club | Yuri-Lovers | Kimono-Fans

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

I can see her dancing on a beach at night...but that would involve stars ^_^'

Hm...I don't see her in a bg where buildings feature prominantly though; she looks so light, a building would tie her down. But that's just what I think. ^_^'

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

aclark

aclark

Bleach freak

I can imagine her walking through a field sarrounded by balls of light with a wind that bends the grass.

The soul of the sword and its master are one.

Please check out and comment on my new works (Rukia I will save you, Brothers together in tough times, The warrior known as Kenpachi, The eyes of sasuke.)

i think stairs would suit her--stairs in a park or some countryside place, lots of greenery around. presumbably in the autumn with leaves falling, or summer with dandelion fluff floating around. the fluff would complement the "lightness" of her dress and her overall look. maybe she's at the top of the stairs, so you can see a bit of the sky [maybe blue/sunset] and light is coming from behind her, so her hair glistens as in the scan. that's what i think. ^___________^

oh yes, i must compliment you for your wonderful scan. i love everything about it, and i can't wait to see your finished product. hope i've helped!

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

Thank you everyone for all the ideas (and good to see you back papyworld)! They all sound so good but unfortunately I can only decide on one though I haven't chosen yet.. I'll update you all later (:

Signature Image

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

I see...

A forest, with the sun filtering through the trees, with the color sort of dulled--not too detailed, sort of abstract, maybe?

And she could be looking towards the sun...

I dunno...

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.