Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 princess mononoke - Minitokyo

princess mononoke

Tagged under Princess Mononoke

page 1 of 1 16 total items

hey don't forget if this anime is one of the best anime I ever see, the creator of princess mononoke and spirited away are same, but the story better than spirited away. I this anime teach us about destiny and desire of all creature. i want to buy it but at here so expensive huh. so I I just can rent it

hey ihave one do you want borrow it? but you must pay, hahaha... just a joke. ehem, actually this anime not yoo good for me in graphic, but when i watch this anime it make more interest it, huh, but if you said this teach something, I don't know about it so its OK for me.

hohoho... you still don't know how to watch anime's story.

The characters are well-defined, but the character of Prince Ashitaka (who gets more screen time that Princess Mononoke) is not as compelling as he could be, while other characters (Lady Eboshi and Jigo Boh) are ambiguous and a bit oblivious to the consequences of their actions. But it's quite possible that Miyazaki wanted it that way, in that no one is completely evil, or completely good.

I personally found Spirited Away vastly better in terms of plot, impression and uniqueness.

Quote by HIDAYATthis anime teach us about destiny and desire of all creature. i want to buy it but at here so expensive huh. so I I just can rent it

Knowing where you are, I doubt it is hard to own a hardcopy of it. ;)

"Mononoke Hime" by Hayao Miyazaki it's a great anime movie. I've watched all of Miyazaki's work and I simply love it. I was very impressed by "Princess Mononoke" in several aspects. There are so many important symbols and messages one can extract after watching such an awsome creation. Here are some of the messages I understood after seeing Mononoke Hime:
1) Without Nature, without respecting the environment and the other creatures that live among or around us, we, the human beings, are completely lost and our species would surely face extinction in the most immanent manner.
2) Human beings are definitely just a small piece of the immense "puzzle" called Universe. We are so small, people.... We must face this truth! We're not as important as we think we are!
3) Nature's hidden creatures exist, just as a higher, superior entity exists, and we, the human beings, are sometimes forced to acknowledge their existence in the weirdest and most unexpected circumstances!
And there are more messages I extracted from this anime movie and I believe Miyazaki is an amazing creator. Anyway, I simply loved the characters - especially the entity representing Nature's Spirit and those little white living beings that were something like the subordinates of that mysterious Nature Spirit.... And I found the story development simply wonderful. i hope there will be more and more anime creations such as Hayao Miyazaki's "Mononoke Hime". ^_^

Yeah, but i dont think there will be any anime creators as good as Hayao Miyazaki. I have downloaded most of his movies to watch, and each movie i watch makes me admire his skill even more. To me, Spirited away was the best, followed by mononoke hime and Laputa.

sunnyvixen

sunnyvixen

~My Gorgeous Angel~

I love Hayao Miyazaki! I happened to come upon him by accident...my first movie was Princess Mononoke. I absolutely loved the story it told. All the characters were important to the story...they each added their own life to the story. The message behind it was great that we humans are just a small piece of this world but we don't look at it that way. We think that the forest and the animals don't measure our worth but they are the key that hold this place together and without them we will perish.

What i really loved about this movie was the fact that there was no absolute evil character, or absolute good character. All the characters are well thought out and each clearly show their reasons for doing what they do.

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli with action kick in it. This one will float well with action oriented people.
Spirit Away though do have a better story. And the character actually don't look as similar to characters in the past films. [You start to notice sooner or later, the characters start to look the same and they have the overall similar personality. Well to me anyways. Still great stuff though.]

Learning little by little.
Signature

arkata

arkata

Arkata

When I first saw this movie I just had to think a little while about it and... then see it again. I was impressed by all the action and power that the characters in this film have, I just wanted to be on top of the towers at the small village at the beginning, then riding those wonderful animals, then struggling for life... And what about that dark forest with the damp and so...? Made me shiver all around... terrific and huge and beautiful...

Later on I saw Spirited Away, and found it was another fantastic film by the same director of Mononoke Hime.

Choosing which one is better, for me, is quite difficult. Both have a dark side, but while Mononoke Hime gets dark and violent quick so that the message in the film strikes you from heart to head, feet and hands, Spirited Away walks smoothly all over it showing you beautiful pictures with colourfull countryside, baths and sea as you follow Chihiro's light path, a sweet little girl in red clothes... I adore them both. But I can easily understand people would rather see one or the other depending on the focus they're used to, I mean, for ex, a friend of mine prefers Spirited Awaybecause she likes its colourfulness and says that Mononoke Hime is too violent and bloody, while another friend of mine says he was impressed by the adventures the warrior in Mononoke Hime was involved in.

But I'm in love with both Chihiro and Mononoke...

Signature

Proud member of I-Luv-Guy-Wallies, Hispanime, Kenshin-Gumi

Never forget to give some tipp to your waiter, for his at your service but not your server...

I like Princess Mononoke much better than Spirited Away (though they are both amazing films!) Hayao Miyazaki issa genius when it comes to movie making! He not only writes the stories, but he directs and he also is the one who draws the characters and settings. Thats why all the girls look nearly identical in the dif. movies he's done, lol. =^.^=

Mononoke Hime is better than Spirited Away.........i agree that no one is completely evil/good...........thats why we all love it ^_^ :D

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Brilliant movie. Beautiful and touching, i loved the story line.
i wouldn't compare it to Spirited Away though, because i also thought Spirited Away was really good.
Princess M might be a enjoyed by an older person, while Spirited would appeal to younger viewers generally.... Perhaps :)

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

mmm... but i think if spirited away is better than mononoke princess, although they're same creator

I have it on VHS and also on DVD^^,
And i can say its sooooo great, i just love it and im so happy that i own it, hehe^^!

merged: 09-21-2008 ~ 05:01am
Also have it on VHS^^and im really glad about it!

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.