Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 DO you think that Ah! My Goddess is a unique series? - Minitokyo

DO you think that Ah! My Goddess is a unique series?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Do you think that Ah! My Goddess is a unique series?

I think that it is, cause even though Keiichi is a loser type, doesnt have much luck with anything really, well before meeting Belldandy anyway. It isnt generic in the sense that the guy/girl is going after the object of their affection. Its a good romantic comedy series, with alot of events going on through out the manga and ususally only carry for a few chapters maybe a full volume, which makes for alot of material but seeing that 3 of the main characters well 4 later on with Peorth, are Goddesses and then all the Heaven/Yggdrasil related stuff and so forth, you dont seem too much of it.

But the relationship between Kei and Bell is different cause they have similar feelings, although it may seem a little kindergarteny at times ^__^;; and with Urd wanting them to get together and Skuld pretty much being the opposite, makes for good reading/watching :D

Signature Image

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

Well, it was more original/unique when the manga first came out, that's for sure. After though, a ton of "harem with guy down on his luck" type titles have emerged, but I do feel that A!MG is the originator of most of those. What's good about A!MG is as you said, Keiichi and Belldandy _do_ have feelings for each other, and that's obvious; most other titles have one of the characters in denial or oblivious to the others feelings, so it's nice that Kei and Bell can acknowledge their feelings for each other (though not as easily expressed with all of the interrupting factors).

HazMan

HazMan

Quote Unquote

i think every branch of film is unique in its own way, and Ah My Goddess is no exception. Of course there are going to be bold similarities between one or more different animes here and there, but it really doesn't go to make anything different more unique then anything else, its simply just an alternative.

~you get deeper penetration
with a fork and a spoon!~

Mr Bungle - Squeeze Me Macaroni

Noir666

Noir666

Headbanger Extrodinaire

It was original for it's time, but not anymore.

Bleach filler > Naruto filler

the premise is very cliche, but it's got its own original twists
i liked the movie, the series kinda dragged on so i didn't like it too much

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

the series is taken directly from the manga, with a few changes so i guess you wont like the manga then ^_^;;

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.