Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 American Animation And Japenese Animation - Minitokyo

American Animation And Japenese Animation

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

You know how there are American animations and Japenese Animations (on tv or if you perfer to download the japenese ones) Which do u like better..or do u think the american ones should be booted out and there should only be Japenese.

Caz i'm a japenese lover animation person, and i don't really like the american ones. They're to boring.

Tell me what you think

hands down japanese wins. but the simpsons is the funiest cartoon ever

Cornetvee

Cornetvee

~| LosT WiNgs |~

Definitely Jap animation!

Signature
~ If what letters tell are called stories, are unspoken words a dream? ~
Many tnx Milkysan for the wonderful siggy! ;)

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

Prefer Jap animation more then American, but there are excpetions such as Family guy, Simpsons, futurama, American dad and those kind of fox productions.

It seems to me that when it comes to american animation they don't put as much money and true effort into making animation as do the japanese. I think this is because in the west animation is most often considered to be for kids.

But even then I prefer japanese animation because of better story, animation, voice acting etc.

Quote: But even then I prefer japanese animation because of better story, animation, voice acting etc.

i agree with you

Personaly I Love Anime, and almost all newer cartoons should be burnd at the stake. But i still love the old ones thike Tom & Jerry.

Game programmer and Anime freak

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

PERSONALLY, we all should be neutral when discussing threads like this. to say one hates a side of the cartoon makes us no more than idiots and racists of a kind to the anime world. what we can do is that we state exactly why we DISLIKE (not HATE), or disagree on point where cartoon and anime may be different and aspects that we cannot comprehend in differences.

to progenerate a discussion would be useless if we all started just saying i hate this and that, if so, then i suggest you protest to your most desire in lamentations.

Now, i have many views in this matter.

first, anime is by far more meaningful with fleshed out characters when it comes to reality. people can die, there will be misery.
in contrasts to the likes of cartoon, where as we have seen is nothing more than superheroes emerging one after the other, the world is overrun with villians and heroes alike, consider how hard and fast they destroy each other, funny how citizens actually live do they?

relatively the same as cartoons are animes like Mai Hime, which has a major superhero complex, of course in a milder way and more anime logic.

anime does not suffice when it comes to quality of animation smoothness, if one compares to the diverse artistic value of Spiderman, (which we see the smoothness of the animation as he swings from roof to roof), there is certainly a lot more lacking when it comes to hardworking for the same thing.

anime many a time emphasize on mass level production, in reaching that, naturally, with the immense animation work included, they have neglected the quality intended to be presented. there is a difference of community exchange as well.

though american cartoons have long prevailed, it is unfair to say boot them out as again, they actually have its own way of presenting fun and unique way of showing people what we can learn from the characters. on how to do good for others, on how to be righteous and justice can be serve.

though childish and simple, the idea is progenerated that way to its audience, and personally like it or not, children find it a lot harder to understand the nature of anime due to its complex plots and ideas, which the chracters likely, and mostly due to their real life like nature, usually carries a brand of negativity that is otherwise, viewed by children, would encourage a sense of learning the wrong things.

Anime also has a reputation for hentai and eechi, which is normal in most titles, even serious titles like bleach and even pokemon, like it or not there will be a certain degree of that included. To a protective society, that is a critical error, and even more so when faced with an external importaed form of art, it will be discriminated againts.

now, think of it, due to the simplistic moral and value intended to be transmitted from the media of simplistic cartoons, we can see that it is widely accepted.

now, for a more personal view, yes, i would recommend my children in the future to watch cartoons to learn a better side of humanity before learning how to enjoy the depth of an anime, typically when it contains too much violence.

anime like Elfen Lied, Saikano, Monster, GITS, carry a lot of that violence, depth and science fiction for people, even at times, adults can find it hard to understand, which is why they scorn anime for promoting that.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

ericcarson

ericcarson

Anime Addict

inorder to properly combare you have to step back and look at the target audience. American cartoons are not oriented towars an oler public. They are mainly oriented towards the younger american culkture. thats like 17 yearold dudes trying to watch a soapopera. Not gonna happen. or atleast not likely.

also culturehas to be taken into account. most americans are raised on very un-subtle humor. Mostly slapstick. However if you look at the japanese culture slapstick is more traditional than an actual regualr type of comedy. Its like the difference between watching a clown at a curcuis do his antics, or going to a comedy club.

- Your sourse for quality scans! 2000x3000 or greater!

Support our troops. I need a loan... LOL j/k

deivl dude...u typed all that..wow...you must of taken ur time.....anyways its not that i'm racist or anything, but its just the opion i'm asking..and yes i do like some american ones...like one or two

I love the art style of Japanese animation...I really loved Disney up until a few years ago when they started making every 3D...*sigh* I still love the classic Disney films, though...If I didn't start out with a love for Disney, I doubt I would have discovered anime, to be honest. (I was one of those kids who appreciated the art in the Disney movies above all else...except maybe the storyline... :))

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Duplicate thread: Is there a difference between anime and cartoon? why?

Closing

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.