Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ::Tsukuyomi Moon Phase:: (Please Comment) - Minitokyo

::Tsukuyomi Moon Phase:: (Please Comment)

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

Hi. I'm half way through my next wallie in the Tsukuyomi Moon Phase Catergory. However I've completely lost of ideas.
I have thought this before my exams started about a couple of months ago. But I never got the chance to start on it.
So when the other two wallies similiar to mine were posted up. I didn't know what to do.
Because I don't want it to look similiar although I had the same idea. >.<''
Well enough talking, I'll show you my work: ^_^

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1916/tsukuyomimoonphase6pi.th.jpg

updated:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4083/tsukuyomimoonphase31nb.th.jpg

tell me what you think of this one ^^

Signature

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Well, firstly, the wall is kinda empty on the upper part... at the background to be specific >.< ... It kinda look like you anyhow pasted the cloud lines there, and the moon doesnt really suit the wall, I think you should put more texture on the moon, and make it so that it blends in more with the background :D As for the background itself, maybe adding more cloud lines, as well as some more texture to it will work out fine :) you could try adding stars too :D
As for the scan, I think your extraction is well done, but I kinda have a feeling you textured the scan (either that, or you havent really cleaned it up, I'd like to think that you textured it though)... If you did, I am suggesting that you textured the whole wall as well, cos as of now, the wall looks empty and very 'clean' compared to the scan (the scan also has this dreamy quality, while the bg doesnt) >_<
About the cloud below (am guessing you are using brush to make them), I think you are better off if you put the clouds in the sky, and maybe put some city/buildings there instead :) It could work as if she is on her window or on top of some roof of a house, thus explaining the city/buildings behind... the way it is now, it looks so fantasy and dream-ish OX .. oh well, that was just a suggestion :D
As for the stars, I think you should not put stars in front of clouds.. there is just NO WAY that stars could be closer to us than clouds... clouds are way nearer, and thus they blocked any view of stars >_< and furthermore, your stars are brushed, and I can see the brush line quite clearly >.< maybe you should clean that line (somewhere in the right nearly bottom side of the moon) :D
I like the text :D but I do not quite like the small one, I think you should change the font of the small one :x
Most importantly, I think you should consider the proportionality of the wall, and make sure that every element in the wall has the same tone to it :D so that it would be balanced well <_< I hope you get what I mean here...

Ummm, as for trying not to make it looks similar to the other two walls, I dunno what you are talking about cos you didnt even provide links to the other two walls (so I don't know how they look like too), thus I cannot advise you on that >_> gomen ne~~

merged: 11-20-2005 ~ 03:44pm
Oh, actually, your wall only need a bit tweaks here and there to make it looks good :D but if you want it awesome, you should really think over the background scheme and make sure the tone and texture of each element matched each other :)
Hope that helps ;)

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The design is pretty neat just the way it is. Cluttering up your wallpaper anymore than that may be costly, but I have just a little bit of advice for you.

- It seems that there is a darker area that is surrounded by the lighter halo of the moon and the moon itself; the moon requires a bit more adjustment in terms of the glow.
- The scan hasn't been properly cleaned because I see the graininess; what you could do however is duplicate the scan layer twice, keeping the original scan layer hidden, use a median filter on the first duplicated layer of about 2 to 3 pixels, and set the blending mode of the second duplicated later to overlay. That should help you out when cleaning. If that doesn't work out, the other cleaning method is to use gaussian blur of about 0.5 to 0.8 on the first duplicated later, then you set the blending mode to soft light and use the median filter on the second duplicated layer.
- You know those 2 comets you used in your wallpaper? You could actually place another 1 or 2 comets in the top right corner somewhere so it doesn't seem as if you used any difference gradients (other members will say that areas like that are tedious anyway >_> ).
- I don't think you need the text on bottom because it doesn't belong too much. The bigger text is wonderfully placed on the wallpaper (by the way, do you know what that font is called?).

I think that's about it. I hope these tips help you out. ^_^

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

it's nice, but i think maybe it could be a bit darker and add something else in the middle cause it's a bit blank but other than that it's great!

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

wow, nice wallie you made there sakura. i like the idea. but like mel(silentmasa.) said, the scan is bad quality, but it sorta looks like you put texture on it. oh well. but nice wallie again.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

I love Hazuki-chan so I love anything with her in it.

I like a nice big and clear wallpaper like this one. The clouds, stars, and moon are all very good. It might be possible to tweak the stars a bit to make them more brilliant, they're a little understated. A little more moon detail maybe too.

The crystals? She's blowing away. I think they're the only weak point. I don't quite know what to do with them but perhaps experimenting with different shapes. Anything from soap bubbles to other shaped crystals might work.

I wasn't sure about the placement/size of the words as I usually prefer understated titles, off near the bottom left perhaps, but it's growing on me and I see how it fits in the way it is. :)

Great wall!

miyano

watashi no uta

let's see...it's a nice scan you chose there^^.

but you know what...i think there's something wrong with the clouds behind her kitty ears..i mean like OH..all of a sudden there are clouds there..maybe you should make the clouds like..slowly disappearing..as in like fading..(i don't know how to do that but perhaps you do^^)

i think those sakura-petals-like thing she's blowing there is a good idea but somehow i think it doesn't really suit the wall..dunno^^;..maybe it's just me^^;.

the moon is nicely done :)

er...extraction is okay so far but i think you missed one part...the one down there(near her hands)..make sure you erase them off,k?^^.if not it'll make the wallie look weird x_x...

lastly(yes..goodie for you XD), what's with that '08' or something like that at the corner of the wallie? i mean on the bottom right...x_x... is it that you forgot about that...probably it's from the scan,ne? i think you should take it off..

i'd be looking forward to your 2nd version/finished wallie then! :D

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

please comment on what you think about this one please! ^^ it's the second image in the first post

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.