Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chobits: What if persocoms were real? (And if you had one?) - Minitokyo

Chobits: What if persocoms were real? (And if you had one?)

Tagged under Chobits

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

i heard they are trying to make persocoms in japan but im not sure if its true or not if any one knows please get back to me i would really like to know if the rumors are true or not my e-mail is hideki411@hotmail.com i would really like to know if its just a myth or not please somone get back to me as soon as possible.

kagedarkmode

kagedarkmode

刃の下に心あり

ooh! It would be so cool if persocoms were real! But I suppose I would just consider mine
as a partner than a friend...

. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 nyan~
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

I think i would prefer a small one (like Sumono or Kotoko) cause, I would feel a bit ucomterble with a human-sized one. Plus, a small is a lot cuter ^_^

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

I'd never be lonely again.

does any one klnow if the rumors are true about them actualy making persocoms like the ones in chobits

Japan could be the first to end up with these things.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

i was wondering what are chobits disc 8 and 9 about and if there a continuation of chobits

Basically, you're Chobit is your new best friend that you built.
In my case, "it" would have to be "female." I just don't think I could spring for a male model. For the money, one might as well put a fortune into a new custom Falcon [Northwest] computer and put the extra cash toward an Alfa Romeo. Let's face it, a persocom is automated doll first, personal computer second.
She'd have to be open-minded to wearing a verity of different styles. Yeah, I'd prefer her to wear something frilly allot of the time! Who wouldn't? If not just for my Victorian/Elizabethan/Baroque fetishes but for the pure amusement of having a [French] maid full of witty retorts to stupid questions. And hey- Everyone needs a little moe in their life now and again, right? She'd have a wardrobe twice as full as mine, no doubt about it. (and we'd grow broke expanding on it, I'm sure.)
Her primary function would essentially be the same as Minoru's (Chobits) "Yuzuki," sort of a personal servant type/database. Exterior functions must include:
*Plenty of firewall, bypassing functions and protocol overrides for hacking.
*That extra player when none of your friends can come over to play console games.
*I'd also opt for an upgraded balance/physical package- never hurts to having an extra fencing partner.
I could also lease her part time and have her earn an additional paycheck when I feel I wouldn't need her assistance for a while. (Hmmm... Makes sense to get a laptop version now too...)
Haven't put too much thought into physical appearance, but I don't think I'd be down with the ear-shaped vents, It would be allot more fun to watch people double-take and ask "Is that/are you human?" and proceed to hit on her as I await for her polite response- "Thank you for your kindness and compliments, I'm very flattered- But really, I must apologize, for you see, I'm already committed to [my name here]." In whichever language package she is currently operating.
Yeah, having a persocom (or two) would be pretty sweet.

There cant be true A.I because of the language barrier.

Oh it would be more than GREAT^^! i would LOVE it^^! who would not?! :D :)

i reallll hope thay make persocoms like the ones in chobits it does seem possible in the near i hope =]

Most likely I hack into her code to make it more human like.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ecchi-Club | Yuri-Lovers | Kimono-Fans

I don't think it would be a good idea to have Persocoms because they might take places of people in other peoples heart which is not good since the persocoms don't have emotions, it's like being in love with a machine or a pc x_x

one thing you have to take from the idea of chobits is that most of all the people you see (non main characters) all had persocoms even little kid persocoms

in one movie (not anime, hollywood) a woman gets a robot that looks like her child (that got hurt) so when the little kid came home the robot was still treated well but he started competing for attention from his "parents", which also has you to assume that persocoms can be used to replace lost loved ones because in the movie they were chose what to look like and in chobits they had custom ones like one character
Minoru Kokubunji who created his own persocom to look like his dead sister but later on in chobits the data on his sister gets lost from his persocom (from an accident) and then doesnt recover it, because he sees how he didnt need to replace her...

sooooo, in conclusion it wouldnt be a good idea for us to have persocoms (yet anyway) because we would use them for emotional and most likely not technical reasons

StreetLegend

StreetLegend

The Yellow Devil Pyo~

Hmm what to do with it? Well first of all, i would take care of it.
Treat it as a friend than just a computer.
But if emotions get in the way, why not?
You can always adopt right? XD Besides i bet they would be lovable.

I may be small pyo~
But I eat hard boiled eggs for breakfast.... with shell pyo~

Kanji157

Kanji157

Hitsuzen da..

Hmm.. The place of machines in society has been a LONG~ topic already >.>
Clearly, people will still want to oppose this and just deny the facts and the advantages one could get.
Same thing goes for those who want them. They ignore the disadvantages and just leap on and embrace the work with open arms.

The best way to find an answer to this is still being level-headed and by gathering facts. Weighing the differences between them and looking at both the advantages and disadvantages one could get from them.

As for me.. as seemingly I have answered this question in many ways and times already in different places.. >.>
I personally think that having them is a good choice.
The work load would definitely be easier for people but at the same time, it drives them to work harder to keep their place in society. They become a sort of motivation, goal, and a friendly rival in our lives.
As for the love part... It's every person's decision. No one can truly state how LOVE is for another person. That single LOVE is yours alone. That concept is yours alone. No one can just butt in and interfere in this kind of emotion. (^_^)

Signature
	Image kono deai wa hitsuzen da...

i think it would be great but i'm kinda scared because i don't really know if i can avoid falling in love with a persocom... if it ever got to that point O_o

If i had a Persocom i would treat it right! Not make them do all the work, not make them suddenly turn on you... It wouldnt be fair, just because they arent human doesnt mean they dont have rights! And so what if you fall in love with a persocom? Its your own fault for buying one knowing the risks of falling in love.. And if you do fall in love with one.. Well thats how you want it, there are no rights or wrongs in love. And people who get jealous obviously just need to get a grip of reality, their robots. Their made to be perfect jeez you dont like it dont go on a spaz rampage!... If we could really create Persocoms.. it would be wonderful.. but i dont think it could happen.. There are to many cold hearted people out there.. But if i had a persocom the only thing i would do with it.. Is play.. Cause i want the persocom to be a friend that will never leave me... It sounds selfish but i dont mean it that way.. I mean like.. I want A Persocom to be my friend.. my reason i dont think you would understand

"Chi?"

~Chobits Angel~ "We can live as one"

i would want to have one that looks like the most handsome anime chara ever.XD

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

I wouldnt choose a robot over a man/woman! Its unnormal!
But it would be GREAT if persacons were alive! Then you do not need a comuter and so on, and all those problems...
A persocon (?) with them you can do more or so!
I just need them for Internet ^__^ (for my special sites) and for gaming, perhaps also for school or work!

I was watching chobit and felt how great it is to have a persocoms. They are just like your pc but have way more interactivity. I would want one like sumomo...cute, active and portable. it's easy how you could tell them to do stuff like research without having to do it yourself. hahaha they could act as a push, encouragement as well. pretty neat. But to go as far as what hideki did...hmm i don't know..i don't think human would likely to be able to make a persocom that have it's own thoughts and emotion. with the latest android, though it looks real from really far away..when look closely, it still a robot.

simply-5th-heirloom

simply-5th-heirloom

MT, welcome me 'cuz I'm BACK~

i would want to hav one persocom...

i wnt it to do errands 4 me, b a friend

and most of all,

b som1 hu wud nvr leav me...

haha, well, these thngs mt take a person's place,

but can nvr b people...

tht's d saddest part...

it's been years . . . but MT's one and only Sim-chan IS BACK.

jonathandiva

jonathandiva

love is painful and sad

emotionally they may not be human, but they have their souls. it's within the humans created them and loves them. i think they can function as a human if they want to. and about the romance situation, i will defend the right of the human- robot relationship. that kind of relation is NOT wrong. it's acceptable, and must be supported.

and to answer the question, i think they can be my friends and servants. and replacement of some friends which have gone away.

Love is to experience pain, taking guilt, and acting stupid, meaningless things,

Love is to get addicted with someone, because it feels so beautiful.

ero site :D HAHAHA .. just kidding .
i don't know .. will be interesting ;

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.