Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shining Tears Wallpaper - Minitokyo

Shining Tears Wallpaper

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I was feeling rather lazy when it comes to school work, so I went and made another wallpaper instead... Lolz. I think I did a pretty good job on the extraction part. I'm definitely improving there. Though, kinda looks like I lost a bit of the outline on his hair and there's inconsistency with the thickness on his left shoulder... It was thicker in the original image for some reason, which I don't know why.

The background was pretty bare with just the "spin" filter part, so I added those other swirly things. Not sure what other people would think, but I think it looks pretty good, especially in comparison to some of my other ones. Always comparing myself to myself... ^^;; Anyways, any comments or criticisms are welcome.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2691/shiningwall4tn.th.jpg

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

The extraction is really good and I like the idea :o

Only thing I don't like is the swirly stuff on the left... and that blueish splatter on it... I don't know what else you would put on it... possibly more shapes... I like the pattern you used on the right :)

Font is okay... not sure if there's a better font to use... but it's generally good :)

My only real problem apart from the swirls would have to be on the use of colour... I think that the background should have more orangey tints rather than reddish pink tints :) I would probably stick to colours closer to the scan :)

All in all, a very good wallpaper :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Lolz, my friend didn't like the blueish splatter either, but I thought it was kinda cool. I guess it just depends on the content of the wallpaper. Looks like I'm trying to hide something in that bottom RH corner ^^;;;

I kinda tinkered with the background, trying to keep what you said in mind. It's like a mix of a "texture"/"pattern" and some random jello picture I found through google... Lolz. Blended it into the background and changed the hue of the other part to make it more orange. But since the pattern and jello picture were colored to begin with, they added some variety of their own which is why there's some pinkish and reddish color to the background too.

I was thinking of the red on the... sash, when I used red, but I guess it doesn't exactly match. Anywho, this is the 2nd one:
http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/6112/shiningwall0a2pw.th.jpg

Andulien

Andulien

~Dark Angel~

The first one I would give the same comment as kuroimisa I didn't like the swirly stuff either.
But you second one seems really good I like it.
The only thing maybe might be that stuff behind and next to the chara this purple diamonds. Everything looks kind of like out of order except these. In my opinion these should also have more of a brighter colour.

But all in all it's a very good Wallpaper I like it :)

Signature Image
Proud Creator & Administrator of:
.::Love-to-Stars::.
If you love watching the Stars or night sky than this is the right group for you.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.