Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Working Late & Boss Blues - Minitokyo

Working Late & Boss Blues

page 1 of 1 7 total items

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Anybody who feels bad about his/her job and about his/her work schedule, come here and sing the blues with me...

just kidding...but anyway, i'm annoyed at my workhours and at my boss...he is a nice person and all but really, a boss can't expect everyone to be as workaholic as he is! The guy wakes up at 7pm and starts working from 7:30pm till he sleeps and he expects everyone to do so...
he also has good intentions, he says he wants to work now so he can have all the free time he wants when he has enough money to retire....for the love of God, i'm 21 (this week i'm 22) and I plan to at least have 3 hours at night so I can at least watch eather The O.C., Gantz or Tsukihime (even the CNN) and not worrying because I only got 30 min. to go to sleep so I can get a decent sleep...
Now I feel bad because he knownsI hate working late...he is a good person....but well...I hate working late! I'm not winning extra hours! I want my MTV! (no wait, MTV sucks...I want my Animax!)

ok...I finished nagging....Who's Next?

I'm not happy with my job but at least it is a job and I still receive steady paycheck to pay my bills. My work place has cut back on so many people that it is hard to maintain the job quality that I took pride in. You have at least one thing going for you. Your manager seem to be a good person and you have some respect. At least he's not like Dilbert manager to you.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

awww...you people...sad...really...i understand Mughi situation...and yours.
but let me show my case as a hotelier and kitchen runner.
I work part time as a waiter, with my experience at hand, i am pretty damn efficient and very praised by the likes of my boss. He likes me and very much likes the way i work, so i am proud to serve in his restaurant, but here is the case, the second in charge is not as good, he thinks i am aiming for his spot and in any way has been poisoning his way at me for some time though i do not give a damn.

so far, i have done nothing but waitering all day, and at times, when i reach home, i actually felt like dead, thanks to this fellow, i feel miserable all day because he gets on my nerve for being an idiot. He forces me to mop floors, and stuff that i am not suppose to be doing, considering that i have complained to my boss, he has been warned, he is still doing it, i am still in the job now, but let just say we are at the either side of each other.

part time kitchen helper is also bad, instead of the kitchen jobs, i am given duties to clean up counters, wash plates and pull in massive loads of stocks. and none of this is the job of a bloody kitchen helper coz i am working in the kitchen for 1 hour, the rest is outside or in the stock room...at least they pay good...bloddy hell, why is money not growing on trees...

Now who is the next whiner?

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

The place i work at is great, i love the work and i love my boss, seriously......how many people can throw a hammer at their boss without him caring. He also prizes me as one of his more efficient workers, a bit like your situation devil. My real problem is the assistant manager. Whenever i'm stuck working with her and the managers off, the place becomes hell. She's completly incompetent and has no concept of time management. She cant count and she's suppose to do the banking when shes the manager isnt there, she cant spell, she's just plain rude to the staff and customers. Everyday that shes running the shop i instantly know that i'll leave 15 minutes late while she tries to count money, it's pathetic even watching her trying to add things like $1000 and $150.
I remember one day i got in a fight with her on the shop floor which attracted a bit of customer attention, when she walked away the customers all let me know that i was right. I had spent 2 hours recovering the store (making sure everything looks good). Towards the end of that two hours she comes up and starts abusing me about how the store had looked like a pig stye and that she had spent the last 20 minutes fixing it and that now it was perfect. I turned around and pointed out to her the only reason she could have done it in 20 minutes would have been because i had just spent 2 hours doing it and that she was being completly full of herself and taking credit for other peoples work.
Fortunately it's not just me but everyone of the staff, including the manager who think she's incompetent. unfortunately it's a chain retail store so no one at our level can get rid of her.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

funny instead of getting rid of her, why did they even employ such an incompetent person anyway...?

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

We didn't employ her, the company did.....and i have my doubts about their managing capabilities as well, but of course i dont know what they do on their level (but many signs indicate not much). She was originally a 15 year old casual and she somehow worked her way through a cadetship to that position, then got located at our store, she nows like 20. I'm 17 and i know for fact i could do a better job than her with 2 days training to do the banking at the end of the day.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Davinator61

Davinator61

Inquisitor Lord, Ordo Malleus

As a full-time student of Automotive Technology at a leading Technical College, I had to quit my previous full-time job at a local shopping mall as a building maintenance technician in order to attend the school full-time. This was because the former mall manager would not give me the reduced daily hours I had requested in order to prevent a scheduling conflict between school & work. This was in spite of the fact that she said that our employer valued employees who wanted to advance themselves educationally & even had an employee tuition assistance program. If this was the case, then why would she not allow my hours to be reduced in order for the scheduling conflict to be avoided? Hmmm...In any case I had to get two part-time jobs to replace the full-time job just to make ends meet. But at least the part-time jobs are involving work in the Automotive Service Industry.

For the enemies of Humanity are many, chief amongst them being the Minions of Chaos & the foul Daemons of the Warp. Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.