Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hi quality - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Impera

Impera

The Silvercloud

How can i make a hi quality scan?

Future does not flows in only one direction.
There has to be one which we can choose.
Signature

i have the same wuestion , please , guys

someday , computer rules the world , i will be the King's loyal hand .

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

To *make* a scan? Well, you buy yourself a scanner, get some mags or something and scan at 300 dpi. If you mean *find* scans, there are different scan galleries, or you can get artbooks off of Bittorrent.

Impera

Impera

The Silvercloud

300 dpi is enough? how can i alter an existing image quality, i mean, without looking fuzzy or blur, sharpen it whithout the white bordesrs?

Signature

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

You mean, take an existing picture, and make it hi res? Well, there isn't really a way. You can enlarge it and then vector it, or maybe smart blur it, but it doesn't really look that good. The best way is to start out with a hi-quality scan.

crazypanda

Work is my life! -_-''''''

Sources of scan: pencilboards, posters, DVD or VCD covers, magazines, artbooks(usually have the best quality pics in them), and Internet. If you have limited budgets, you should search the web for scans. That's what I do. I got most of the scans from the Internet. It takes a lot of time and patient. I don't recommend the last one unless you are poor like me.

Signature

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

*nods* Biriwilg is absolutely right =3

Always start with high quality/resolution scans. They cut walling work down by half so that's a lifesaver.

There are ways to improve the quality and hide graininess. With photoshop, you can use a blurred/median overlay or soft light layer to highlight colors and give it a cleaner feel. Still, image quality can only be improved so far so it's always best to start with a clean image.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

when you scan, save it as bmp

Signature

I do it the same osiris says , dunno why actually cuz that's how my scanner is set so i dun even bother XD

Impera

Impera

The Silvercloud

Guys thanks a lot for the comments, now i have some ideas to work with!! XD

Signature

Quote by -=_Osiris_=-when you scan, save it as bmp

if you use photoshop elements you can save it as a .gif and get almost as good quality as a .bmp

do you know why we live?
if not ask me, because i do...

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Quote by fatalicus
if you use photoshop elements you can save it as a .gif and get almost as good quality as a .bmp

You must be kidding! 256 colors will corrupt it! Unless it is black and white, never use GIF! For perfection, use PNG. Usually, JPEG is enough.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

nornally use art books, dd caps and such myself

"Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against ones destiny, what is a king to do?
But does one ever turly have a choice?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars" - Kain -Legacy of Kain Defiance

JJ

use a good scanner and have a supply of really good pictures from artbooks or magazines

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.