Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I have a suggestion - Minitokyo

I have a suggestion

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

This is something that just crossed my mind while browsing new walls a bit ago. I've been seeing a lot of rips lately and it just seems to me that many of the new members who register here don't bother to read the rules and just go nuts posting ripped walls as soon as they figure out how.

So I'm wondering if, upon registration, an automated email could be sent to them with a basic overview of the main rules of MT, such as not to post walls made by others, not to spam the forums, etc., with links to the more detailed threads included below them. Maybe even a list of FAQ's too with links to threads that answer them, such as how to create userpages, etc. This I'm sure would help out the mods a lot with answering repetative questions and save them some time. There will probably STILL be new members who just desregard the email but it still might cut down the number of people who rip.

I don't know if there would be a way to implement this but if its possible I think it would be a good idea. Or if it can't be emailed, maybe have it be an auto PM or something.

What do the rest of you think about this?

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

How about deducting them 10 credits for each rip accompanied by a harsh warning. That will teach them faster than an e-mail that will never be read.

I agree, an email would probably be useless. Although 10 credits "might" be a bit harsh.

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Which is why I said at the end that maybe a PM would be better and would be more likely to be read. I'm not sure what the penalties are for ripping other than being warned, but a credit deduction might help too if they don't do that. But I think new members only start with like 20 credits or something....so who knows.

Its just an idea.

Signature

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

Wow! that is an awesome idea kate! I sure hope they do this

Signature Image

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

I don't post walls, but I too have seen many similar walls from the newer people, and the sad thing is I know the one from the original was a lot more wok...I agree with the PM and the deduction of credits...I think maybe 5 credits for the first rip and if they do it again, maybe 10 and if they do it again they get banned...(Aren't they supposed to be banned anyways if the mod catches them doing it after a warning?)

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by moonelf313I don't post walls, but I too have seen many similar walls from the newer people, and the sad thing is I know the one from the original was a lot more wok...I agree with the PM and the deduction of credits...I think maybe 5 credits for the first rip and if they do it again, maybe 10 and if they do it again they get banned...(Aren't they supposed to be banned anyways if the mod catches them doing it after a warning?)

No it's after 3 warnings that a member gets the boot and becomes banned. Which can easily be aquired if you rip alot of walls.
As for the idea it's good I like it but I have serious doubts that it will be very effective. Most members will think it a bother and just delete the PM/e-mail or whatever. There are always going to be those bad eggs and there really isn't anything we as members can do except report the ripped walls as we see them. It's the simplist and best thing that can possibly be done

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Quote by RirisuchanI agree, an email would probably be useless. Although 10 credits "might" be a bit harsh.

A bit harsh? I guess 10 credits ain't enough then.

How about 15 credits and have that guy barred from uploading then? I guess that should be harsh enough. It's more fun that way.

A ban would be too merciful. With the credits deduction, now he can enter the forum but cannot download/upload anything or start any threads. That's the best form of punishment ever.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

<_< >_> Hm..yeah I dunno if this will work or not. It was just an idea that popped into my head since I seem to be reporting a lot of walls lately. Which is why I thought I would make the suggestion. *shrugs*

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by kiopi

Quote by RirisuchanI agree, an email would probably be useless. Although 10 credits "might" be a bit harsh.

A bit harsh? I guess 10 credits ain't enough then.

How about 15 credits and have that guy barred from uploading then? I guess that should be harsh enough. It's more fun that way.

A ban would be too merciful. With the credits deduction, now he can enter the forum but cannot download/upload anything or start any threads. That's the best form of punishment ever.

banning is the ultimate punishment here at MT. You do realize that once your banned your gone for good you can't do anything here anymore. No posts, no new threads, no submitting walls, no downloading walls. Nothing you are gone for good with no possibility of coming back

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature

Nothing is more frustrating than being able to log onto a forum but unable to do anything. It's like living with your past sins haunting you.

Banning is too easy a punishment. You find out you're ban, you just go somewhere else. End of story. Boring.

KanameChan

KanameChan

The Raging Nice-Girl

mmm.....how would you rip walls? You mean an extra large scan? Or a wall stolen from somebody else?

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by KanameChanmmm.....how would you rip walls? You mean an extra large scan? Or a wall stolen from somebody else?

Ripping walls is the process by which you steal a wallpaper from someone else and then pose it as your own. This is why it is encouraged to put some sort of signature or sign on the wall that it belongs to you. This helps ID people posing your work as there own. This does not work all the time though some people go as fara as removing any sign that the wall belonged to someone else and making up some false statement like "oh just something I threw together using photoshop"

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Some sort of e-mail confirmation should be given out to the new members. Even better, since there is information about each type of submission on the submit gallery item page, the rules about submitting gallery items should go there. This should minimize the chances for ripping from other sites or members, and thus if it's not taken seriously serious warnings should be issued since the information would be right in front of their faces. >_>

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

ScribbleKitty

ScribbleKitty

Meow Meow Kitty Kapow!

Quote by SilentMasamuneSome sort of e-mail confirmation should be given out to the new members. Even better, since there is information about each type of submission on the submit gallery item page, the rules about submitting gallery items should go there. This should minimize the chances for ripping from other sites or members, and thus if it's not taken seriously serious warnings should be issued since the information would be right in front of their faces. >_>

I agree. I was a member of MT for about a month before I found the rules for posting anything, be it art, scans, or fourm posts. I think some poeple honestly dont know that walls have to be of your own design. There should deffinatly be some sort of message to let new members know. Then, if they still do it, there can be punishment.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by SilentMasamuneSome sort of e-mail confirmation should be given out to the new members. Even better, since there is information about each type of submission on the submit gallery item page, the rules about submitting gallery items should go there. This should minimize the chances for ripping from other sites or members, and thus if it's not taken seriously serious warnings should be issued since the information would be right in front of their faces. >_>

That's a good idea too. Where are the mods when you need them? <_<

Signature

That's a good idea.

I think that an email AND a pm would be better.

I think it's a lot easier to figure out where and what are the pm here than looking for all the rules.

But IMO taking away credits may not work. It may be harsh for people who don't know the rules and useless for the people who intentionnally break the rules.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Andulien

Andulien

~Dark Angel~

It also would work if like one during the Registration will be led to the rules.
Or else your idea the PM or email.
It would be great if that could be done.
One sees over and over again the same questions...^^

Signature Image
Proud Creator & Administrator of:
.::Love-to-Stars::.
If you love watching the Stars or night sky than this is the right group for you.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Thanks, and I'm glad the majority of you like my suggestion. :)

Now where are the mods? I want to know their opinions on this too.

Signature

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

The email is probably a good idea, but they might not follow it. I think it's better if someone submits something, it should be approved by a mod first then it can go into the gallery.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I for one hate spending credits on something I already have, a 10 credit fine for a rip sounds fine to me.

Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I agree with an email.
since there is an electronic registration, i think what it can do is something like the some sites that has a register system, much like where you need an identification code to enter the site for the first time.

Usually this identification code comes from an email that says thanks for joining, and then what can be added is before the link, a big piece of info for all the stuff stated, and then at the end, a link to the site.

Also, in addition, the PM will be useful, but what is better is a guestbook entry where it is more direct than a PM, which again, some might just pass it up. thinking it was nothing. I think there are more people who goes into their page to view around first than actually pressing the notifications link beforehand.

I also think that if it was shoved up the face a guestbook entry would be easier to read.

WHAT THEY CAN DO: somehow, dunno how excactly, implement a flashing alert when they first log on to the site, like on the link of the notifications or something.
dunno if it works, but seems fine to me.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

moonlight-shawdow

moonlight-shawdow

@riddle roses@

Oh thats a good Idea.Like right now I just saw two I thinnk but what if in the begging they automatically have the rules before hey register and if they don't listen well 10 credits off/Plian and Simple!

I am a member of colorfull wallies. free--wallers vectory sakura--cb
nugeneration timeless--rain celestial-luminesse

All good ideas, but I doubt the useless mods will find this and decide which one to use if any. Most of the time they set a limit for those users anyway.

Here's a little known story about how hard they can be. And it's true, about a girl that accidentidly did something wrong and then after a certain tmie, when she got to a certain level, BAM! faster than lightning, she was banned. (this was in the gallery)

Whether they were right or wrong in this situation is beside the point, it's the fact that they're trying to do something already. Whether it's enough or not, only time will tell.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.