Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what do you think of when someone says... - Minitokyo

what do you think of when someone says...

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

What do you think of when someone says "rock," "rap," "country," and/or "pop"?

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

Rock- there's a 90% chance that he/she hates rap, best not bring up rap if we decide to talk

Rap- cool, what kind of rap do you listen to? what do you think about the current state of hip hop? fav artists? etc.

Country- .....iunno

Pop- same as country

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

Your forgeting classical,international, industrial, technoindie, punk, trance, metal...etc...I think that this individual needs to be exposed to more music.

Jaszi5

Poetic-Destiny

Evening Moonlight

Rock - Pretty awesome, what's your fav bands?!
Rap - I'd rather die a painful death then listen to it
Country - Neat, what's your fav song?!
Pop - Meh, it has some alright songs.

I made a cake in the microwave once.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

I think some people can't tell the difference between some of them. I pointed this out to an idiot that hates country music, but liked it when their favorite rock station played 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia' I told them that was country.

Music is music, although I can't stand metal, rap or punk.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

..."rock," "rap," "country," and/or "pop? Oh but these are type of musics..or not? Now that I'm thinking I don't know..In my country there is a TV program that speak about rock and politic...and the announcer sometimes says i.e...."Football is Rock, Pizza is Rock"..that for I don't know well ...It depends about the context! I think! ;)

kaeso

kaeso

music lover

rock: yea! another fight to start.... (except if i it's my best friend... then i'll let him live a little longer if he doesn't keep bringing the subject up!) *that's what i think but what i would say i guess would be* uh, so u listen to rock, eh? and just let the subject die by saying, not my type of music at all!

rap: uh...what rap does he listen to? no that's crap! and i'd say: yea a few songs i like...

country: please get away from me! lol ok i would think it so hard, that the person would actually leave (my friend sang country in my school, so ashamed of being seen next to her.....) and i would just smile dumbly saying: yea, cool... (i'm such a hypôcrite, lol)

pop: who hasn't listen to pop in their young age, lol.... but i would say something nice, wanting to know what songs he/she listens to

so what am i,eh? u wondering.... well there are two categories missing in my opinion....
RnB (some would say it's crap - my best friend told me to quit listening to it at least a hundred times, lol) but i like it... some would associate it with rap... what duuz said! come on guys... it is soooo different...
love songs... see those don't fit in the four categories, and even if i don't admit it, i do listen to them .....

ok done, can't really think of something else...
what would u think eXDream2K5?

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

jesus christ, even in a thread not directly pertaining to rap music, rap gets shit on like it's an everyday routine

what the fuck people...

as for jaszi's post...

Industrial- iono, i don't listen to a lot of industrial...if any

Classical- excellent, the foundation for all modern music. my favorite composers would be Bach and Mozart, and maybe Beethoven...

International- too lazy to really check out any of the artists, but i like a lot of japanese music, and jay chou sounds decent

Techno- do Paul Oakenfold and Moby count?

Trance- same as techno

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

Quote by eXDream2K5eXDream2K5 19h 48m ago
yes, my threat is about music

Now is all more clear! :)

I prefer rock and pop music...ahh I like a lot even the hip pop music ..rap...yes I don't dislike it but only sometimes...finally country music yes...I like listening it but only if there is a folklore fest...
bye!

;)

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i like gospel rock and rap
i like Jrock, and and heavy metal
but one thing they are never suitable for studies and yes, mainstream pop just sucks to me, (hate britney, backstreet and so on)
i like R & B the best
and country? nah...i prefer blues like B.B.King and Eric Clapton

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

rock - rolling stones, acdc ... naaah how 'bout pink floyd? ... but please dont confuse rock with punk, metal or whatever.
rap - keepin' it oldschool!
country - ZOMG, go away!
pop - i like pop tarts ...

Rock - The person I hear this from probably knows jack shit. Until I hear Led Zeppelin or Freddie Mercury, I'll keep my doubting.

Rap - Again, the person I hear this from probably knows jack shit. Until I hear Talib Kweli or Jurassic 5, I'll keep my doubting.

Country- Hmmmm......

Pop - Mixed emotions. There are some great pop songs, and there are just downright awful pop songs.

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

Rock- Cool, I really love 10% of Rock

Rap-Cool, I really love 10% of Rap

Country-Cool, I really love 10% of Country

Pop- Cool, I really love 10% of Pop

chepe

chepe

chepe

->CHEPE<-

Rock it's my perfect drug

Rap it's wack

Tecno, music for def people, or idiots

Pop, whatever

Country, i don't care

Rock = Good music.
Rap = Horrible music.

rock.... someone stuck in the 60-80's and hates rap *grrr

rap... you legand mate, what type(ganster, hip hop...) *become friends

country...yobo, or red neck(no offence intended but thats what i think)

pop.... a person with very mainstreem music taste who most likely watches (insert country idol)

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

rock= classic or alternative? alternative=cool

rap= violence, sex, drugs, profanities, lack of melody

country= redneck, tonedeaf

pop=a little kid

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

I think this person's musical taste doesn't go past the spoon-fed homogenous excuse for music that's currently being aired on MTV. These broad labels all describe nothing.

merged: 12-14-2005 ~ 04:33am
I think this person's musical taste doesn't go past the spoon-fed homogenous excuse for music that's currently being aired on MTV. These broad labels all describe nothing.

Rock = I dig it, ive been listening to it alot more over the past few years

Rap = What I grew up listening to. Still enjoy it!

Country = I really dont know too much about it. Not really into it tho I think I know a little to carry a small conversation..

Pop = eh... it does have some good songs....

Tho I tend to agree with the idea of people have their own taste which is a good thing or we'd all be the same which would be very boring.... I do believe a little diversitiy(sp?) would kill anyone! ;p

Darktekya

Darktekya

Anime Lover

Rock: I gotta listen that!
Rap: I love the old school, do you have something?
Pop: there are a few good songs....

Can sin be forgiven? Cloud Strife

Rock is good but I only like the rock of 80

wraith11

wraith11

The Alfa Bloke

Rock: Old school yeah! Some of the new stuff ain't bad either
Rap: Uhh... what sort... *looks shifty*... if it ain't Old School, Aussie Hip Hop or Funky Breaks you know exactly where to cram it...
Country: Some's ok, most is awful... if I feel like thrashing a Ute round a paddock however...
Pop: Uhh... nuh... get it AWAY!

And for some of the others:

Industrial and International - haven't really heard enough to make a judgement... though some of the Indian stuff ain't half bad...

Techno - some is good, some is bad and some is little better than pop...

Trance - AWWW YEAH! BRING IT ON!

Classical - Mmm, 1812 Overture is just awsome and Ride of the Valkyries still has to be one of the best pieces ever written!

Wraith 11

Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV - Heaven on a transaxel
http://wraith11.deviantart.com/

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Please don't bump old threads.

Closed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.