Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ripping of MT Bleach walls? - Minitokyo

Ripping of MT Bleach walls?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

^_^' Hope this is the right place for this.

I was surfing through the Bleach gallery when I saw these scans from a Bleach calender:

http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/thumbs/188485.jpg

http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/thumbs/188760.jpg

I'd seen this calender before in the Japantown in San Francisco, and I thought the cover looked familiar, but it was only when I saw these scans that I realized why. They're walls from the MT Bleach gallery.

http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/thumbs/82626.jpg

http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/thumbs/84161.jpg

What's up with that? Is someone ripping MT walls for a profit? Or did I miss something? >.<

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

WTF? O_O;

If those were my walls, I wouldn't know whether to be flattered or furious.

I don't know the whole story, though.... but I think something like this happened to Tama-Neko, too.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

pamkips

pamkips

?????

oh my god, that is so horrible! why would anyone be rude enough to do that?! oh my goodness go stab everyone embershadow-sama

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

O_O That's nuts!

I wouldn't know whether to be really mad or highly flattered...

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Well, we asians have been known to be in the forefront of bootleg items. It doesn't really surprise me that they would do something like this. In their mind it's minimum effort=high profit. Unfortunatly there really is no way of stopping.

I remember a discussion about ripping a while ago. Ripping others work is OBVIOUSLY bad and should never be done but then we are all using work from another artist that is already copyrighted so i'm guessing we can only get upset to a certain point since it's the actualy mangaka and publisher that are losing money.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent like that. Yeah, go flame those bootleggers!

EDIT: Oh yeah, @Bluesake: good eye! XD

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

If you see such gallery items please report them. Also it would appear that they were just modified so I'd say it was a rip job.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

oh my God @___@;;;
I can't believe someone would take wallpapers and then make them into calendars >_<;;

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

anji

anji

Retired waller

Wow!
I would be furious if they make money with it o_O
Like artgeek12 said, we use scans from other artist to make wall so I guess it can't be help, but at least we are not selling our work ^_^'
I'm so confuse about this happening...o_O

Administrator of ~ French-Tribu

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Quote by SpystreakIf you see such gallery items please report them. Also it would appear that they were just modified so I'd say it was a rip job.

There really is nothing we can do. We can't report them to anyone. The walls here on MT were created by their respective members (i remember when they came out too). It sucks big time but we really can't do much except add watermarks and stuff but that can be a little silly too.

Signature

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Umm, don't you think that the user on MT could have taken the image and made a wallpaper out of it?

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

Lol. But still. They make very nice walls.

0_o

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I remember reading an article not too long ago about fanart, though I cannot for the life of me recall where I read it. The article noted that bootleggers are increasingly turning to fan-made works to toss on their cheap calendars and t-shirts. It also gave one example where a fan found that one of his own pieces of fanart somehow found itself in an official publication (I think it was a manual or an artbook, but I really don't remember), raising the question of intellectual property ownership when it comes to fanart.

It's an interesting and very tricky subject, but as much as we hate people who plagerize, once a submission gets posted, it's easy for it to end up on other websites, after which there really isn't anything we can do other than to grin and bear it. We can get all worked up, and for good reason, but at the end of the day, everything rests on whether the third party in question has a strong sense of justice.

Seeing this kind of thing always makes me have second thoughts about the inherent goodness of human nature. *sigh*

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by MistressPookyChanUmm, don't you think that the user on MT could have taken the image and made a wallpaper out of it?

don't think so... both wallers are well known on MT, and they know the rules as well, i'm sure... then again, it does look weird... really, that's disturbing >.< but KorganoS does link us to the scan he used for his wall... weird <.<

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

I pity the fools who ripped for profits, seriously. Once, I saw one of my well known KOF wall (used Falcoon's art) was on the cover on some emulator program. I almost laughed.

Oh well, all the more reason for me to stop posting my stuff here.

wings

wings

~~Silent Killer~~

its bad that they do that. but then again this gives you more proof that your work is appreciated*<-- hope you know what i said* and that it is first rate

Signature

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

ROFLMAO
never thought someone would use it as a calendar cover XD
as far as I remembered, that particular wall I made was requested by someone to be used as opening sequence for a fansub, and for an AMV. I approved that, not so long ago. But no calendar cover LOL.
So yeah, I guess he used my work without permission. But then again, I used Kubo Tite's artwork without his permission,.. so... yeah,.. ^_^' confusing, eh?

Hmm... did that guy put any copyright notice or notes anywhere in the calendar? Because Kubo Tite deserves a copyright respect more than anything for that image... and if there's no such notice than you can consider that stuff illegal. :)

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

agree with korganos :D, this is something surprising and very weird.

My question is: is that calendar OFFICIAL?

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

it should be official, as the calendars that are official must be imprinted with a copyright mark coming from the artist of the wall and the respected company and Kubo Tite as well, since the walls are made here and used as a calendar, i am sure it is bootlegged.

You know, to understand this issue, we can look at the trades of cds and dvds of China and major bootleg and piracy industry,this includes my country Malaysia which has some major case of copyright problems.

so i think, it all boils down to the end user, if you are smart and righteous, you will not buy the product, but most of us want only the following, The product, the cheap price, the value, the content...
we do not care where they come from, just wanna get our hands on them, so i say, yes, it is a matter of personal usage.

merged: 11-25-2005 ~ 07:02am
wait....i am wrong *edit*, there appears to be no copyright mark, can the threadstarter provide a more detailed picture of the edges of this calendar?
it would do good to see where the details are.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Quote by MistressPookyChanUmm, don't you think that the user on MT could have taken the image and made a wallpaper out of it?

No. The wall was made a long time ago; soon after the manga the chapter with that image of Ichigo came out. However, the calender came out only recently.

Quote by MistressPookyChanwait....i am wrong *edit*, there appears to be no copyright mark, can the threadstarter provide a more detailed picture of the edges of this calendar?
it would do good to see where the details are.

lol. No can do: I'm just linking to someone else's scan of the calender.

I guess I have to agree that there isn't really much we can do about it except, since we ourselves are using Kubo Tite's work without his permission. Like how artgeek pointed out that we ::or at least me and some others of us:: are Asian, so it's not unexpected, lol. Guess that's right. However, I also have to agree with shinsengumi that it makes you think twice about human nature.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

I think the important difference is that making wallpapers to post on MT is not done for economic reasons. 99.9% of the people making wallpapers are not trying to make money from that wallpaper. (I say 99.9% because you just never know) They aren't doing it due to an economic incentive, but those who make unlicensed calendars to sell are most assuredly putting profit as the first priority. That difference is what separates fanart from piracy.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

It's true that most of us on MT don't ever create these things for profit but to the original creator of the publication i don't think there would be a huge difference between us and the bootlegger. Not saying we are like them...not even close. The Japanese know and respect fan art. That's the whole point of doujinshi. That's how many NOW mainstream artists got their start. By drawing something else but then again they were creating something almost from scratch.

Great, now i'm not making sense. Anyway, The calender doesn't look close to being official. Although when encountering things like this, it does shake the foundation we have for the natural human sense of pride and ethics but the best thing we can do is continue to have faith in those that follow all those unwritten rules we have in life. We can't let scum like those kinds of bootleggers stop us from doing what we do.

"Scum"? Wow, that was a pretty powerful word. ^_^'

Signature

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

I am afraid that the whole calendar is made of wallpapers by mt and/or ap members T_T
look here: http://www.animeshop.net/product_info.php?cPath=67&products_id=6964

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Re jasmine's post.

Good heavens! And just yesterday I deleted two submissions that were scans from this calendar. I was rather vexed that the person was daringi enough to submit that calendar scan back on MT when the wallpapers used were from MT. That must be the harsh reality of life. There really isn't a whole lot we can do about the publishing of the calendar. :\

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

oh so it was you who deleted the scans, good work.
but i am sure it wasn't the fault of the submitter, could be he doesn;t know.
for USD 10, i get that?
wow...no wonder bootlegs are so well worth, what is worse is that it is sold on a site for official anime goods. so this calendar is "Officially Approved"

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.