Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think? Hana Yori Dango vectored wall - Minitokyo

What do you think? Hana Yori Dango vectored wall

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

I tried something completely new this wall, a completely brushed BG. The brushes are from Digital Media Designer, Angelic Trust, DeviantArt and FairyDust. Firstly it is supposed to be pastel (sorry but the series is kind of pastelised) and I kept it simple -because I thought it looked better that way. I completely vectored the picture from screenshots, because the only tiny picture I found was too blurry to see all the details. This is the second vector I created for Hana Yori Dango, and while the first one (Sakurako) looked brilliant I thought the colours of this one (Tsukushi) looked better on this BG. The vector took over two and a half solid days to complete, and I'm quite proud of how it turned out. I would appreciate your opinions and constructive comments on how to improve this wall (if there are any) before I try to submit it.

Picture Link http://flypicture.com/bin/?id=rdz9kane

Thank you :)

pamkips

pamkips

?????

well lesee lesee, hm, the pic is vectored preety nicely :) the only problem is the background
1. I feel that it is overly plain, for an abstract is can go much more deeper
2. i would recomend a scenic type of picture:
with some grass, a preety blue ky, some buterfly's here and there and the font would be very elegant
well that is my opinion, the abstractness, can well, go in a very diffrent direction if you want to keep the abstractness.....go in a very serene messy style :) neh, hopefully i helped

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

I agree with above kawaii-chicken.
The vectoring is really nice by itself, but for the bg, I think it doesn't match. She looks like she should be at some party! Doing a party background would pretty difficult, but a nice scenic background would fit well. Something kind of summery-spring.

Also, with the abstract, the colors don't really seem to match in the first place. Might be the screen difference, but didn't even look pastel to me. They were more dull and darker...

The vector is done really nicely, but I think you'll need to work on the background part ^^

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

I wish I could say more than the other two, but they`re basically right. The background just lacks..depth. And even then, while the color scheme works, its just..too not there. Its not even minimal..it feels like its missing something.

I know I prefer busier backgrounds, so Im not quite impartial, but this could use some work. Not knowing the series or the character, im not in a position to recommend anything aside from a general matching of background brushing(not specifically brushes, more the overall effect) to the series or character.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well... I wouldn't use those swirly Miss M brushes as a border... generally anything with a border looks tacky (generally... not saying yours does... but usually unless it has a good purpose for it ;) )

I would also get rid of the shadow effect... it detaches the vector from the background. I think the font needs some work too. There's nothing wrong with the placement, but I feel the font type needs to be changed. Something more... contemporary... that's maybe why I don't like the swirly brushes, because this wallpaper isn't about elegance. It's about youth- (and perhaps that's why the palm tree looking brush is a bit out of place too)

Hmmm. Probably you would just need to target a single idea so that nothing clashes. A bit hard to decide what else you could do with it~ but considering the vector is so nice and clean it'd be ideal to find a better background :)

PS: she looks a bit shocked... that's maybe why it's a bit hard to decide where she should or could be ;)

It's great work though tishdon, keep it up :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

It's always great to see vectoring.

I think a good experiment that might help is if you applied some sort of lighting effect to get some more shading into the vectored character image. Vectors give a 'flat' look, and your background is the opposite so they need to go together more.

Try some color alterations too to use the same blue pallette for bg and char if you haven't yet. This image just needs color work for the char and bg to make it go together as a whole a little more. :)

The only other suggestion is slightly smaller font.

I like the lacy corners.

Nice work! I love it when people put effort into quailty vectors like this. :)

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Humm thanks for the comments everyone, my backgrounds are always where I need work. I think i'll have to scrape up some inspiration for a scenic BG, and mikare she was at a party - good guess. Maybe a night time scene would be better, because thats the original time that the character was actually in. A romantic scenic night time BG - now for the actual inspiration. Thanks to everyone who commented.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.