Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 gallery view layout in IE - Minitokyo

gallery view layout in IE

page 1 of 1 4 total items

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

++First off, I have to say... wasn't there a suggestion thread that Sheqel made? If so, where did it go?

Anyway, I have to say that I really don't like the way that the view pages for the gallery items are laid out.

First of all, having all the stats to the side and lumping them together (comments/favorites, views/downloads, etc), while not necessarily "harder to understand"...just makes it look sloppier. There's no "border" between the gallery description and the stats, just a space, and having them lumped together in that tiny portion of the page is not aesthetically pleasing at all.

Also, when using IE, the text doesn't even line up! The titles (views/downloads) are on the side where they should be, but the stats (143/87) are squished somewhere up at the top with the poster's avatar. Now, sorry if this sounds "nitpicky", but that's REALLY annoying. Sure, it works fine in Firefox and Opera, but the fact is that there are people who still use IE and ONLY IE. And for all those people to have to squint at the sloppy, awry stats before realizing how many favorites their wallpaper has is a bit inconvenient, don't you think? Plus, it just doesn't look nice.

So what I'm suggesting is that the mods revert this back to the old layout. I'm NOT one of those noobs complaining that "OMFG MT3 SUX ITZ SOOOOO CONFUZING!111oneone" but... I was looking at a screenshot of the old view pages, and it was much cleaner.

The thumbnail at the top (the download/favorite/report options can stay on the left side bar, though, since that fits with the MT3 layout), and below that a box with the poster's avatar, name and status in one column. In the next column it lists type, category, dimensions, and filesize, and in the next it lists states like views, favorites, and comments.

This was much easier to understand and far more aesthetically pleasing.

I'm going to say, at the very least, if you won't fix the entire page, will you at least fix the coding so it works in IE?

...Other than that, though, I've gotten used to the new MT and think it's pretty great. It's just this one thing that bothers the hell out of me every time I look at it.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

KuchikixRukia

KuchikixRukia

Death God Rukia

hmmm yah i guess i agree..

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

aww...just when i thought the dust has settled....
one cannot satisfy all you know, just download a firefox browser, how difficult can that be....?

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

I actually do have Firefox, and most of the time I use Opera.

But that doesn't change the fact that there's a large amount of people who do use IE, and It's not that hard to change the little bit of coding.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.