Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Free Download Quota - Minitokyo

Free Download Quota

page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next » 371 total items

Yue-Horrishino

Yue-Horrishino

Tsubasa Mahou

Ok i have a question... this apeard in the last 3 days when i has searching something in MT.

Free Download Quota (after your name, on the leafh side)

What is it?
I've search for questions about this, but it didn't appeard nothing... so i hope that they don't get my thread deleted, saying that i didn't search...

Ja ne

Signature Image

I was wondering the same thing which is why I was browsing this section. haven't found answers yet. Help anyone?

Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

since you are the first to ask, I will reply on what it is (NOT on why it is there).
the free download quota is the number of gallery items you can download without having to pay credits. after you have exceeded that number in 24 hours, you will need to pay credits in order to download further. So it will slowly replenish in 24 hours.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

questions like this should be answered soon, however, you should have posted the questions in the sticky thread of groups, credits and browsing created by Keltosh. I am sure the knowledge will be given.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

Okay this sounds like a great idea. I am already liking it from the way you expalined it thanks for striaghtening that i out I was wondering that myself.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

A limit to the number of images wqe can download in a 24 hour period for free? Now that I like, I have a slow connection and couldn't possibly download a lot that fast. Plus I've had pictures not load completely and it costed me some credit just to refreash the screen and try again. Thumbs up for this idea.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Thank you for telling us a bit more about the free download quota as I'm glad that I won't lose any of my credits from now on if I want to maximise a picture in the gallery in order to leave a fair comment about it for the artist to read... That was the only thing I really missed about the old version of Minitokyo... I'm glad to see you've come up with a solution to it :)

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

aww...c'mon sheqel...this is like you have finally let the noobs take over with their endless rants and complaints for the credit system....
although it is not anything bad since this is a community thread...it is kinda like saying, yeah i give up trying to tell you guys to contribute, please feel free to leech.

Signature Image

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

Something good for the new users :), for me is only +30 credits :D. Well, i will try to waste some credits uploading some cool scans if they aren't posted yet.

cheers

i think its a good idea

Michie3

Michie3

Nature's Fantasy

Well I'm certainly not complaining! ;) Although right now I have more credits than I know what to do with...

=^..^=

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Whoa...yeah I just now noticed this. It wasn't here earlier...

Anyway, I don't really mind this. I don't download that much a day anyway, so I'm cool with it lol.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

gekiganger

Reckless Flyer

wait so does this mean that there will be something like a few free downloads for a avatar?

does this have a certain fixed amount?

Rock n Roll FIRE!!
:D SIG DISABLED :D
Rock n Roll FIRE!!

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

i hardly ever download stuff so thats fine with me

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by gekigangerwait so does this mean that there will be something like a few free downloads for a avatar?

does this have a certain fixed amount?

You get 30 free downloads per 24 hours. The system calculates how many unpaid downloads you maded in the last 24 hours and subtracts from 30. Thus the system slowly replentishes itself as time goes.

So then yes there is a fixed amount - 30. Any download above 30 will cost credits.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Ok, I hated MT3 before, but now I like!

I like the idea. It gives you a chance to check out some things at the larger size to see if you even want them. There have been a number of times in the past when I have clicked to download and was somewhat disappointed with the image at the larger size.

... I nearly want to ask how many pics an average user download... considering that with 30 daily free downloads, it's quite probable for me that I won't need to use credits (except that I have to download daily)... I feel like my saving tendency is happy (stupid, there's no need to save credits).

But I like it, I can finally download this 3.1 credits scan (I have tried once but the download failed... and well I wasn't really impatient to try my luck again).

Thank you.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

it seemed i am the only one complaining about this, but well, life is so, then so be it, perhaps it may be good...but damn...i got too many advantages in this site, you know credits wise...so it is gonna be difficult for me to waste my credits, except maybe i deliberately do so....

Signature Image

gekiganger

Reckless Flyer

hmm seems that you would be able to download a lot already. :D would say thanks got the idea now :D

Rock n Roll FIRE!!
:D SIG DISABLED :D
Rock n Roll FIRE!!

An awesome idea but as mentioned above, I have more credits than I know what to do with & I'm not downloading as frequently as I used to. OTOH, I'm posting more in forums now...

Anyway, lets not look the gift horse in the mouth. Just be thankful that the powers that be in MT decided to give this opportunity. Lets look at it from another angle. How many credits a newly registered member will get? Only Sheqel or admin staff can answer this. If the newb d/l scans & all, he may not have enough credits to submit his own works.

So, let us all remain optimistic for now, shall we?

Woah..another new system in place. Now its getting more interesting. Will this download quota thing be here to stay?

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The quota system was put in place in response to the suggestions of members in Minitokyo Discussions. Many members have expressed concern that the credit system as it had been was too restrictive and was driving even contributing members away. Therefore, the new quota system was put in place as a compromise between member's desires to download but also the need to prevent massive leeching of entire galleries at once.

See? The admin staff does listen to member concerns. :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Woah! Hey cool! But I haven't tested yet. =P
Nowadays, I'm kinda busy. Haven't even post comments or replies yet. But hey, this is kinda cool. At least this thing gives opportunity to the newbies. :)

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next » 371 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.