Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [Suggestion] Paying for Credits? - Minitokyo

[Suggestion] Paying for Credits?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

riku-chan

riku-chan

The One

With the new credit system in place, I was thinking would it be a good idea to put in place a system of paying for your download credits?^^

The system works like a "paying and buying" kind of concept, let's say a user uploads a scan/wallpaper/doushinji, the credits rather than disappearing from the leecher's account could rather be transferred to that of the uploader.

It would teach the members the concept of paying for what you get and also it would encourage people to share their scans and other types of uploads on MT. The credits they would earn from those downloading would surpass that they gave away during their upload process, so it would be very much worth it. Just a thought since there has been a decrease in the scan uploads lately.^^

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i think this has been implemented already.
Please search forums in Minitokyo, there should be some explanation in what you are suggesting.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by Devildudei think this has been implemented already.
Please search forums in Minitokyo, there should be some explanation in what you are suggesting.

No, what he means is that instead of having your credits deducted into nowhereland when you download, it gets transfered directly to the artist. That way, the artist becomes the "sellor" and the downloader the "buyer."

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

oh so i see...
sounds good, but this would mean that MT is implementing economical policies, isn't that a little weird for a community site?
just my thoughts, we are in a sense doing a sort of buying, but we are paying to a "system". I think this would be kinda hard to implement.

Let us say unless revised, a 4.5 credit scan download from anyone would mean that the uploader gets 4.5 credits per download? I think that may mean some people here can really be tycoons...(kinda)

Signature Image

Who wants to pay......=.=

itsbigdan

itsbigdan

life or hell?

you might want take in consideration to the free download Quota. I mean like u probley get nothing when someone leaches for your pic, etc. Unless they have no free downloads then they will pay through credits

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

riku-chan

riku-chan

The One

I was actually thinking that the free downloads could be replaced by this system or maybe compromised (limit the free downloads). This method is actually practiced at another forum I go to, so I thought that maybe it would be good for MT as well.^^

Not all scans are worth as much as 4.5, this is on the rarer side actually and if its really worth that much the uploader deserves it for the effort in cleaning, resourcing etc.^^ Wallpapers are worth as little as 0.1 credits and they deserve much more for the effort they put into their work. Having a paying system encourages more wallers to have quality submissions that allow more credits directed to them also, especially now that the favourite count doesn't show.

yamazaki

yamazaki

what the ??

good suggestion. im with you riku-chan =)
except we only pay for wallpapers, not scan. because scans are rather expensive and not originally made by the uploader

Signature

signature by: k1ru ^_~ thanks alot girl
thanks to k1ru for the signature ^_~

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

then so, i am all for it, i see your point.
yes, walls do deserve more, i agree with this implementation

Signature Image

I think things are fine the way they are now. :)

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

more possibly will happen on MT 4 who knows ..anway how long do they change MT? once a year or something?

riku-chan

riku-chan

The One

From what I know MT started sometime 2004 and went through 3 beta phases so that would be an estimated 8 months or so.. ^^

I'm guessing credits go by the resolution of the image, so scans naturally deserve more to download for higher quality ones since they would take up more bandwidth during download. It seems reasonable to me, but I think it would be rather tedious to strike a balance.. scan credit seems to be the main concern.

Perhaps with "payed" downloads, users will be discouraged from downloading excessively which is precisely why there is the credits count system.

free stuff please :___ , MT is getting so avaricious... xDDDD

Signature

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.