Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A disturbing trend- racist manga... - Minitokyo

A disturbing trend- racist manga...

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

Japanese fad: Comics that degrade Chinese and Koreans

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/11/20/news/comics.php

Quote by International Herald-Tribunethe number of sales, 360,000 so far, surprised the book's editors, suggesting that the Hate Korea movement was far larger than they had believed.

Does anybody else think this is bad for any efforts in the way of Asian unification/peace? When these sort of manga sell 360,000+ and get scanned into IHT/NY Times, it's not an isolated incident.

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

of course, these people are idiots and belong to the dark ages, they are the depraved people who are depraved of culture, and religion and respect, they should really just die...too bad there are too many of them.

i think it will worsen still, consider how they think it was right to attack china during world war times, i think they are just not happy the fact they arent given the chance to rule the world with their "elite" culture.
I think, sooner or later, someone will come up and shove them up their a$$es. they should all be given a really big lecture for discriminating races.

I wish i could just go up there and change the way they think, but however people just are hard as rocks, things like this will always be there....

I am gonna give here something, and i am gonna tell these racists how i feel about them and what i would do to them!

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/4750/11329715766161ti.jpg
hope it is not to offesive, i just wanna show my anger for these people.!

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Devildude, what the hell is wrong with you?!

Quote by Devildudethey are the depraved people who are depraved of culture, and religion and respect, they should really just die...too bad there are too many of them.

First of all, every society has culture. Secondly I don't see how not becoming idiots who worship a God without proof is a bad thing in anyway. It means their sane (or very lucky). How could you know any of that if you haven't met them? And how could you want anyone to die? You're a freak.

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

What horrible people. You don't see America trying to spread its own "elite" culture throughout the world or belittling other races and countries. It's not like European countries ever tried to spread their own "elite" culture throughout the world or belittled other races and countries either.

Hmm...wait a moment.

Quote by Devildudeof course, these people are idiots and belong to the dark ages, they are the depraved people who are depraved of culture, and religion and respect, they should really just die...too bad there are too many of them.

Hey! What does lacking religion have to do with being depraved? That sounded pretty racist to me. Saying they should just die is also a little extreme.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

no problem, i can see you all don;t agree with me, i hate racists, and the more i hear their comments about how we (i am chinese) are not good and all that, i get very angry and yes, i think they all should die. And to think they embrace such culture and they think this is hilarious. hmmph....

they do lack somewhat a religion, not because they don't have it, what it is said is that they are foolish, while praying to gods that teach them not to be racists and teach them morals, this is what they are actually thinking and like and act at the same time. you think i am insulting their religion? No, I am not, in fact, i love Japanese culture, too bad these people just don't feel the same way as i feel for their culture, if that is not depraved of religion or culture, i wonder what is?

as if i am confusing you, i am referring those people who enjoy such fads as dark age idiots not the people they are cursing and racist against which is mention in the article. I hope i have not mislead anyone.

merged: 11-27-2005 ~ 07:53am
Fact is, i am sure until today they still wanted to spread the history fraud that they were on a mercenary mission to go into china during the war and murdering all those people.

I have a feeling that the people who actually spread and actually like such a racist fad in comics and manga are such people, if they don't be discriminated against, i don;t think they should be accepted into society.

my thoughts: Discriminate the racists because they discriminate us!

merged: 11-27-2005 ~ 07:55am
TOKYO A young Japanese woman in the comic book "Hating the Korean Wave" exclaims, "It's not an exaggeration to say that Japan built the South Korea of today!"

In another passage, the text says, "There is nothing at all in Korean culture to be proud of."

Another comic book, "Introduction to China," portrays the Chinese as a depraved people obsessed with cannibalism. In it, a woman of Japanese origin says: "Take the China of today - its principles, thought, literature, art, science, institutions. There's nothing attractive."

saying this is good? i don;t think so!

Signature Image

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Ouch. That is a bit scary, but at least it is out in the open. It is an official everybody hates everybody else fest. The only organization in any position to affect this movement in Japan is the Japanese government. I don't imagine they will take much action; so, this entire situation will probably become worse. I think this just goes to prove that too much national pride is not a particularly good thing. If your international position feels threatened anger and violence are the easiest answers to save national pride.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Devildude: Nobody deserves to die, not even those who kill. They deserve to be reformed, by doing something to them you're sinking to their level and therefore you will be as worthless as them. I am a bit confused by your posts though, are you referring to all Japanese or just racist Japanese? If all, I hope you know that means you're racist. If you just mean the racist Japanese it is still wrong to say that they should die.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

oh that's terrible. like somebodyelse-san said, it really doesn't bode well for peace/unification of Asia... reading that article reminded me of how asians were portrayed in early american literature as primitive and backwards... and now the asian countires are doing it to each other? why can't everyone just get along?

Signature Image

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

Quote by Devildudemy thoughts: Discriminate the racists because they discriminate us!

Racism is a terrible and utterly stupid practice. But, I really can not comprehend how you think becoming racist towards racists is going to destroy racism. It really makes no sense whatsoever. If you want to change anything then prove them wrong; don't lower yourself to their level.

Quote by Devildudethey do lack somewhat a religion, not because they don't have it, what it is said is that they are foolish, while praying to gods that teach them not to be racists and teach them morals, this is what they are actually thinking and like and act at the same time. you think i am insulting their religion? No, I am not, in fact, i love Japanese culture, too bad these people just don't feel the same way as i feel for their culture, if that is not depraved of religion or culture, i wonder what is?

I understand what you are trying to say, but a lack of religion has absolutely nothing to do with racism. It seems like you believe they are racist because they lack religion, which by your own admittance is untrue. If anything they are hypocrites. Your original comment could be taken as an insult to someone, like me, who actually does lack a religion.

I still think saying they should die is really extreme. These people seem to simply suffer from ignorance, an ailment that afflicts many. That does not make them worthy of death, though.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

alexjohnc3:

you have a naivette view at people, you see, people do deserve to die at times, because there is a phrase:
Dogs cannot change their habit of eating manure (sh*t)
roughly translated from a chinese phrase:
you can move a mountain, but you can't change a human's mind

what do you think criminals are executed for?
because they are dangers to a society, yeah, they can act good boy to day and the next, god knows what they are thinking.
You wanna know the truth? some 6 out of 10 criminals on parole and released are and will be repeated offenders, this includes murderers, child molesters, killers, terrorists, arsonists, the list is endless.

me putting myself under one level and making myself the same because i wished they die? No...you can't possibly imagine the truth, you see, for years, Racist japanese people in many ways have spread their superior propaganda just as bad as the times of the Ku Klux Klan, they are no better.

their attempts? from changing their history books contents, till this day, they refuse to admit their mistakes. Yeah, every once in a while they say sorry, and then what?

Every year, their president out of all disrespect for that apology goes to a shrine and prays to all those war crimer commiters!
If i don't hate these people for first killing those many people in China during the world war, i should hate them also for refusing to apologize and still spread their racist propaganda!

Those people should not be given a chance, you know as i said, you can move a mountain, fill up a thousand acres pond with water, and built a dam bigger than a continent (pardon my exaggeration), you cannot change a person's thoughts just as easily. Look at how people just repeated offend and do crime...you wanna give these people a second chance? I appreciate your nobel cause, in real life, it doesn't work, they will just go on and make things worse.

These people should die. there is no doubt about it. You think we chinese people are bad? we wanna have a harmonius relationship too, we would be glad to trade cultures, we would be glad to trade technology and assistance in manpower, time, money, economy, but we can't begin to do that if the fundamental mentalities of these people are such pathetic racism!

What do you think? you wanted peace and harmony too am i correct? I have my way of doing things, i think these people deserve every bit of punishment however severe it be.

Fireflywishes:
why can't everybody get along is simple. Everytime as i mentioned when they say sorry and repeated their offense, that is the spark that lights the fire, like mine. I will continue to think this is the case.

The only reason why we did not want to retaliate is because there is no need to care for such a small country, at its rate, China's growth will overtake the Asian economic circle in due time, and such a small country's economy could only tremble beneath the giants, just like they are now to the americans even though they are great allies, in compare to the fear that is felt, i think this is what they are.

The unification of Asia is a noble plan, very clean and well trimmed, they however did not have the plans for these people. The problem is they are still thinking that way, so? why give them any chances? This is exactly why i think some people (these racist Japanese) should die.

merged: 11-27-2005 ~ 08:50am
a lack of religion is not what proves the point, it is the way they are learning from it.
You see, even people like me (i am agnostic, and yes, I am lack of religion as well) can act sensibly and responsible for my behaviour, and yes, they are not because of lack of religion and culture, their racism just spreads like it is, there is no way to justify themselves and their propaganda.

I apologize if i have insulted anyone in this part. but the idea is clear, there are more people who are hyppcrites than there are people who are sensible and maintain their stand with the religion of their own.

every religion has a good aim, and however bad times are, we are reminded not to hate others who are just the same as we are. But this, for such people do not apply, because that is exactly what they are believing and thinking, and they will continue to do so.

I did not propose to end racism by being a racists, but yes, i do wish that such must be eliminated at the roots by bringing these people out from their rottenness (their racism behaviour and thinking) and then telling them off straight not to do such things!

Perhaps wishing for them to die can be a bit harsh, but i make my stand at this, they must not be allowed, for they will spread like a disease.

If we compare this to containing a epidemia, it is the same thing, you must eliminate all those that are carrying the virus and seeds to the epidemia. i.e. Cows burned during the Mad Cow Disease? Avian Flu Containment?

Signature Image

You didn't answer my question, are you referring to all Japanese or just those individuals who are racist?

I think I understand where you're coming from, but putting prisoners in jails and making them suffer for years isn't what I meant by reforming them. I meant by using psychology on them or something to change them. They could also remained locked up indefinitely. It is pointless to kill them though.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

what does my post tell you?
I am not referring to all japanese, it is JUST THE RACIST!
c'mon man, did you think i would even contradict myself?
there is no logic in doing that.

yes, lock them up forever is my point as well. but that cost the money of the taxpayers. like it or not, we are feeding RACISTS!
(although this applies to the respected country)

using psychology can take years and years and proven efforts has been little and short in comparison.

My whole point is root out the problem by eliminating them.

But return to this topic at hand, i think people are just plain sick to like this kind of manga, plus it is just poking fun at cultures, and discrimination as well.

imagine their children growing up reading this sort of things, what would they do? spawn more racists.

I again announce myself here: I AM NOT CONTRADICTING MYSELF, I AM ONLY STATING THE POINT OF ELIMINATING THE PROBLEM AT ITS ROOTS, ALL SUCH THAT I HAD SAID IS DIRECTED AT ONLY JAPANESE PEOPLE WHO ARE RACISTS!

hope this clears things up.

Signature Image

Well some people would contridict themselves in that way; I just wanted to make sure I knew your opinion.

So basically what you're saying is, "We don't want to pay for the idiots in our jails, so let's kill them instead!"

Racists don't even nnecessarily break any laws. You're confusing racists with killers now. What we should do is promote a culture that is pro-sane decisions, including the goals that all sentient beings should try to achieve.

akatsukiotoko

akatsukiotoko

jus like that

wat i can tell is racism must not go on...it's the 21st century if we have to remind ourselves about the history and the going-ons in the world

guess waht globalisation jus can't be achieved...we ought to live in a world with many races and many religions but we have a similiar identity aren't we also human, u are a human as we are all i need to do is help u...isn't it taht simple?

learn from the history and try to correct ourselves and try to avoid it in the future...
eliminating them is not a good way anyway, wat we can do is try to give them a chance to experience wat is the feeling to experience in a world of races, we are the same why fight ?

ask them interview them fund the problem and correct them but u can't brainwashed them , u jus have to ask them whether they accept the world this way....so dun have 2 elimainate them jus try to correct them to the right path...

'Signature Image'
I AM A HAPPY MAN 14/11/2005-2/12/2005 IS MY GENERAL EXAMS wish me luck!!!!!!!!

Well all I want to say is that I am an Asian-African American, who knows a good variety of people
in the world. Killing people is pointless. There will always be ignorant minds on this planet, as well
as brilliant ones. I understand your anger Devildude, but taking on the ignorance of your "enemy" is
becoming them. Life is real, and it's still beautiful. Let it go. There has to be some opposition in life.
That is what makes it important. Those who don't get it create their own suffering in the end.

I disagree aestro, opposition is not required to make life meaningful at all. Being sentient beings is what makes life meaningful.

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

I read this article at another forums and I hoped that I will never see it again. Guess I was wrong. [The one I read was the NYTimes one]
Well anyways, if I remember correctly, the person that did the Chinese one is Taiwanese... Heh.
Well, hating and stuff is part of being human. One person maybe more hateful than another person. So I won't go as far as killing the racists. That I believe will in turn create more violence. Steming from the hate from the relatives of the killed and so on and so forth.
We as a newer generations will have to fix this racism that the older generation had created since as time go on, all races will have to work together. Killing, hating each other in today world would be bad. Much worst than in the old days. [Our weapon technology is far more destructive than in WWII...]
I think I got everything down...

Learning little by little.
Signature

Yeah, but what can we learn from more than our human existance? With all
it's collective flaws. The whole of life is meaningful. What's the point of being
sentient if all we feel is what we want to feel? I think we need a variety of
situations to live through. That is the what illuminates being sentient.

No, it is the ability to comprehend and learn anything and everything that makes being sentient worthwhile. We will improve on our flaws and become wiser and better.

I hope so. We certainly figured out how to make bigger weapons. Lack of understanding is one of mankinds bigger flaws. I can't be certain if the human race will ever set aside the miniscule differences, for some utopia. I just think it's dangerous to always fight fire with fire.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

you have your thoughts i have mine, i still stand at the point where the root of the problem must be eliminated first.
"to first slay one to cast fear unto the rest"
is to show an example, that such people must be taught a grand lesson, violent as it may be, no, not killing them, just plain give them enough shock, and then we will see.
but again, as said, when they are all just plain racists, there is hardly a way to change how they think, however understanding one can be as a sentient being, and sooner of later, they will go back to their own ways before.
The root is there, the seed will grow into an ugly tree. it is only a matter of time. therefore, i stand where i stand.
Take out the roots of the problem.

I am not yet confusing the point between killers and racists, but however it is true isn't it, it is only a matter of time when a racist eventually think of killing those they hate or discriminate.

Just recently, there was a black youngster whom was slain with an ice-axe stabbed onto the brain. just because he is black by a white british man.

See how rooted a problem can be? when you give them the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they will change...you will be dissapointed by them, they will NOT change.

Signature Image

My two cents. I believe a person is not born as racist. They are taught by other racists to become racist. Racism is not an issue with one country. Racism is everywhere in all countries.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I still think that there should be a great big line drawn between the racists and the killers. In my opinion if someone kills repetitively then they should be put down (thats a nice way of saying it) but if you can do it to a dog, why not a person.
I think that you have been a little prejudice towards the people involved who are "japanese racists". The people who did read that were probably patriotic and harmless, they're just interested in upholding their own countries identity and power. I don't think many of those 'racists' would be capable of throwing racists slurs let alone starting a fight or killing. Their merely holding an opinion as you are devildude and for many it's probably just a phase.
An example which i'm sure many here can relate to is after you finish watching an anime. Finish watching one anime and you want to be a swordman, finish another and you want to be a teacher, finish reading a racist comic and you pretend to be racist until something better comes along.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

You do have a point, i hope it is just a trend and it better die fast...a trend like this can spread its own disease, and many a times, like it or not, it gets rooted into the problem originally presented.
however, confusing the fine line otherwise...
i think it would be good enough to just burn the books and destroy them totally and give the artists and creators and immediate servere punishment, let us see how well that works.

a phase...you think so?
my country has long suffered the phase of such, and although on the top layer, we could not care less, i am sure underneath the sugar coat, we just wanna say thinsg out. There has been such cases in my country before...hopefully it will not grow...
i think it is possible still if the root of problems are not extinguished. However, i stand my point.

but this i think to voice out :" none of china or korea's culture is beautiful as compare to ourselves" is a message with a agenda, and it can be big, let us hope they are just following a trend since Japan does seem to have a trend system of short term fashion trends.

Signature Image

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.