Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Whats The Value Of Animals? - Minitokyo

Whats The Value Of Animals?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

ok i know there is a similar thread animal rights vs human needs that thread is about whether human should eat meat or not im not sure if my thread is acceptable or not since its a bit similar ok here's my question...

Why are some animals killed cause of human needs?
[[chicken, cow, pig fish..etc]]
and some animals are protected
[[shark ,tigar ,panda, sea turtles.. etc]]

i mean whats the difference? they are all animals some animals are being protected cause they are scarce and limited then what will happen if chickens or cows etc.. are being scarce and limited which unable to meet the requirement of human being as a kind of food what will be the alternative for them? animals are treated as pets or as food supply for human then what is the actual value?

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

Some animals are protected because human stupidity lead to their near extinction. So, humans decide to protect these animals so they do not go extinct and humans can continue to live free of any guilt. All animals have value as a resource used for either food or experiments. This is the viewpoint of humans, who often fail to realize that they themselves are animals.

Thus spoke Shamshiel.

strangedarkness

strangedarkness

Anime Junkie with Pink Hair!!!

I dunno the answer to that... Its really complicated... my head hurts from thinking too much... ^_^

Animals are living things just like we are, so it would seem that if you hunt animals-- it would be murder, and eating animals would be cannabalism... but Its also different than that too... its in nature for one species to kill the other for food... or revenge, or battle. A circle of life *waves at charlene* thats a really hard question ^_^. All I can say is that animals deserve life just like we do... (im not a vegetarian... I do eat meat... and my head hurts now, but thats was a good thing to think about... *begs for mercy because her brain is froze*)

The moment I was set free, I was dragged back into this nighmare again. The problem was... I didn't realize how much trouble I was going to be in this time...

PAche

PAche

hoarder

its just another example of human's lack of common sense and what they deem as their allconsuming superiority over others when actually its all an illusion. a paradox in life.

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Cows, chickens, pig can reproduce pretty fast. Fish can too. They grow fast also.

Sharks, tigers ect etc on the other hand take a while to grow. Plus they reproduce pretty slow. So, we don't eat them. We have to protect them because if we wipe them out, the ecosystem will be screwed. We can't have that. Really. [Kinda brain dead]

Learning little by little.
Signature

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

The difference is simple. We have domesticated certain animals for human use. We breed these for specific traits and then slaughter them for our use. These domesticated animals are no longer part of an ecosystem per se. In opposition, we have plants and animals that we try to save from extinction to maintain the quality of an ecosystem in case we need some unforseeable part of it in the future. In both cases, we are trying to serve ourselves. It is just that different life forms are of different values at different times. We work with wildlife because of the potential. Not to mention that we really have some responsibility not to destroy everything beautiful in the world just because we can or because are too lazy not to save it.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

Cows and chickens are farmed and profitable and will therefore not die out. Other spescies (whales, tigers etc.) where just exploited by very greedy primitives (who remain among us) and the numbers of these exploited animals are limited and the available space for plants and animals is plummeting. We are stupid and greedy creatures ourselves and I doubt we have the right to inherit this world. Anyway we will obliterate ourselves through greed and stupidity and the sea gulls can take it all over.

I think a better question for this thread would be:

"What's the value of Humans?"

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

Quote by griffin Cows and chickens are farmed and profitable and will therefore not die out. Other spescies (whales, tigers etc.) where just exploited by very greedy primitives (who remain among us) and the numbers of these exploited animals are limited and the available space for plants and animals is plummeting. We are stupid and greedy creatures ourselves and I doubt we have the right to inherit this world. Anyway we will obliterate ourselves through greed and stupidity and the sea gulls can take it all over.

I think a better question for this thread would be:

"What's the value of Humans?"

Seagulls? Please, it's quite obvious that the cockroaches will slaughter all the stupid seagulls and take it all over. I'd like to see a seagull keep going without its head.

As for the value of humans, our bones make very pretty decorations and I'm sure the cockroaches appreciate all the food we throw away.

wolfco stole the words right out of my mouth.but that's a good thing...

Diamond-dreams

Diamond-dreams

Ai & Yuki

As some of you guys said, we eat animals that grow and reproduce quickly, and we protect those that don't. however, animals can feel as well, and i just hate when us dumb humans beat them and torture them just because we are a 'superior' race. that i jut can't stand. bullfights for example, i consider that some of the dumbest things ever. we must respect animals, why laughing and killing them after? it's just not right for me.
anyway, i'm not saying we must not eat animals, but perhaps we shouldn't abuse of our power

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

It makes sense the deomcated ones that are food should be that way but the other should be protected.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Food. 'Nuff said.

(Don't overeat 'em, though. We don't want any of them to become extinct.)

We save animals because we like them. And we don't want them to die out like some others animals did, because hunters killed them. Imagine the world as a pyramid, and the people are at the top, and the animals are on the bottom and the middle. If we kill too many animals, then the blocks come out of the pyramid. When the pyramid falls, we fall with it.

If everyone knows and looks down upon humans since they're so flawed why aren't people doing anything, or are you greedy as well and using humans are flawed as an excuse to do bad things

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Animals? Well, we're animals too. But noone thinks of us as animals...it's like Darwinism...survival of the fittest. Humans are flawed, like everything else in this planet. It's also impossible to change the way of people. no one would accept that idea.

shark/panda/whatever....those ones are almost extinct. We eat the other animals because there are so many of them. There are as many chickens on the planet as there are people. If those animals too became almost extinct, we'd probably become vegetarians while they reproduce. Also, we raise those animals. (cow, chicken, pig, etc. ) so......we can assure that they'll be plentiful. Know how many farms there are out there? XD So....ya....tha's ma answer. To add, vegetarians are weird. Our ANCESTORS ate meat and wore fur to SURVIVE....if it weren't for the animals, we'd all be extinct. So I think it's absolutely okay to eat them. ^-^

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

how are vegetarians weird? i agree the we do need to eat meat for energy but still why vegetarians are weird? O.o

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.