Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 leaving pc on - Minitokyo

leaving pc on

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 58 total items

whats the longest time you've left your pc on for?

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

three days....or maybe one week

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

is that all?

My work computer has been on for about 3 months. With the exception of one power outage. I don't turn it off. I don't like waiting for it to boot up. :P My home computer has stayed on for several weeks before. That is until is started brainfarting too much. :)

sorry but what is brainfarting ?

Just basically screwing up. My home computer is a Mac, so I get messages all the time saying my application has quit unexpectedly. Usually my Safari (internet browser) because that is usually what I am doing at home. (I love hanging out on MT) :D

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

i don't think i've turnt it off since i got this on like 2 years ago but my new i got like a month ago goes of every few hours because i don't want to over heat it (this on has a personalized cooling systeam and my freind who did it went to iraq for the war and hasn't come home yet even thought he was shot in the leg but when he get's back he has to do the other one as well

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

ahh i see. i think i have leftmy pc one for a month before without thinking about it

2 days, I think... I don't like much leaving my PC on... especially since it is noisy and I sleep in the same room.

Signature

ahhh see your point there. mine would go off more to if it were in the same room

hmm for like a year or twoI suppose...I never turn mines off

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

I put my comp to rest about a night every 3weeks or monthly

Signature

woaaa a year. thats pretty heavy man

Probably a couple of weeks

hmm...the longest is only a day cos I dont want it to overheat lol

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I think for about 8 or 9 hours.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

T2Kazuya

T2Kazuya

GTMYH!!

3 days, downloading stuff from bittorrent x__X xD

Signature
"..::D r e a m::.. ..::D i s c o v e r Y o u r I n n e r S e l f::.. ..::L i f t Y o u r S o u l::.. ..::A n d F l y....::.." ~T2K

not much... hours... like 3 or 4... ^^

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Depends if you mean without a reset, or with resets. Without then it would be like 3-4 days. Including resets... I dunno, very long lol since I download something almost all the time at night.

up up and away

I have heard that leaving your PC on all the time is better than
to turn it off and turn it on constantly.
Which is why most large companies their servers are left on 24/7/365.*

As for me I've got to help save the electric bills, so I mostly turn it off
when I'm not using it. :)

*Some of you might be wondering what if something breaks down? Don't they
need to turn of the computer in order to change that broken part? Well some servers have specialized design parts which allows you change it even with out turning it off.

If you do that to your own computer, then you will damage it.

Signature

It's almost always on since I'm constantly downloading. As long as the PC is not running too hot or unstable (from agrressive overclocking, for example), it's perfectly alright to leave it on. Do take some precautions during thunderstorms and lightnings though.

Regards.

Jalopie

Jalopie

Right Meow Please

I turn mine on when i wake up and off before i go to sleep, I think its good to start with a clean slate every day.

Signature
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)> be very proud if you earn my dancing kirbies
Meow, Meow, Kitty, Kitty

I always leave mine on :D

And yes like Enchanter have said ''Do take some precautions during thunderstorms and lightnings though.''

Alistair

Alistair

Ol' Man Ali

Heya,

I always have mine on cause I run a mini server for my own sake and friends, then I'm always downloading as well along with the roomie. If it's a really bad Thunderstorm I'll shut it off, even thought I have surge protecters and such (Don't have 2K replace the machine. Hehe). Much to the rumour that computers use alot of energy really isn't that true if you have a modern computer. It's your moniter that takes the power. Hehe. =P

BTW, that server is called "Hot Swapping," that's usually HD's that are put on rails (Yes, that means you can pull out the whole HD, Motherboard, and everything.) it's meant for RAID or Mirrioring of the drives so if you hvae one fail you can just replace it while it's running. Much simpler. =)

Other than that I really don't reboot that much unless I update a program that requires it, or Windows is just bugging out. =D

There ya go,
Ali

Whirlwind life of faith and betrayal
Rise in anger, fall back and repeat

---Rush, Snakes & Arrows, "Far Cry"

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 58 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.