Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ignore the title, Princess Tutu is a must-see - Minitokyo

Ignore the title, Princess Tutu is a must-see

Tagged under Princess Tutu

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Princess Tutu is probably the best anime so far this century. (Only a few years, so it's not too grand a claim). And yet hardly anyone seems to know about it. I'm convinced it's because of its name. Probably doesn't sound as twee to Japanese people. Anyway, the main point of this thread is to alert people to its existence, basically as long as you're not upset by a bit of wierdness and shoujo stylings, you have to see it. Anyone encountered it but been put off by the name?

Best use of music ever in an anime, except maybe FLCL equals it in that regard.

Tremendous character development, with likeable and consistent characters.

And the story is unlike anything else in anime, or anywhere, for that matter. And it packs all sorts of things into it.

I'm not sure that it even has any real flaws.

Anyone else seen it?

omg, i so totally almost missed it
i mean, come on, hello? it's about ballet and a DUCK!
but it's really interesting and i had fun watching it
there's some seriously deep themes, too, if you're looking for them
i think the storyteller was the creepiest character of all
and neko-sensei is the most hilarious :)

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

I'v have watched it like 2years ago, its pretty interesting :D very magicly shoujo like. I really enjoyed it and really deep. though it might turn people off because of the ballet (which can seem pretty werid at times >_<)
I really didnt like the ending though... kinda bad, but happy at the same time.

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

That's the one based on Swan Lake, isn't it?

I admit some interest in it, but I've no desire to plunk down $20 on it when I don't know all that much about it, and I've all but stopped downloading things (mainly because I never watch them). If it ever shows up on TV I will probably take a look-see.

Whosoever hath this Stone, may live in a healthful state, to the last term of his Life, appointed to him by God, and may have all whatsoever he desires on Earth. -- A Work of Saturn; Johann Isaac Hollandus

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

I have watched this one 7 times so far, and I must say, this one really is great, and not rubbish, as I supposed when I watched it for the first time.
However, minebann, I think .hack//sign is a little better than Tutu.

It is not based off of swan lake due to its Nutcracker music. <D
So it based off of the Nutcracker, which by the way is an AWESOME PLAY! >D

I wanted to see more but I don't have any money. >_<;;;

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

I got a preview of it, I just liked that cat in the series.
It looks promising, now I just have to find it and find the time to watch it. =)
I love FLCL music, so with your comparison I'm pretty convinced of how good the music is.

I liked it quite a lot. I agree with the first person that the tittle is not very good; it makes it sound like a shojo about a girl that wants to be a dancer or something like that...

I loved the way the story developed, everything happened just as if it was a ballet play, and the ending was wonderful. I was expecting something more cliche for a shojo anime, but it surprised me.

I love this anime but I got disappointed with the ending. I wanted Ahiru to get together with Fakir. I hoped that Ahiru remained a girl.

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

Quote by yamamotoyohkoI love this anime but I got disappointed with the ending. I wanted Ahiru to get together with Fakir. I hoped that Ahiru remained a girl.

I agree with you...i think the ending is suck! I did watch this anime last year well I love this anime anyway. Except the ending ... wtf! *lol...how come the cat can be a teacher...hehehe*

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

It is actually based on many ballet-plays and fairy tales it is a great mix of both, every episode corresponds to certain ballet i.e. The Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Giselle...
The ending itself is quite different and very daring, that is why most people don't like it. I really do like the ending, though it is very sad, but it is very original and doesn't end like all the other shoujo stories, which are pretty much the same, boring really. The ending was unpredictable and beautiful, different and breathtaking.

i heard of it and yes, i have not watched it yet because of the name. i guess i'll give it a look but still kinda reluctant

Yes, I have >_< and i think it's a good Anime! beautiful music and graceful dances^^ and i like the character! they are so cute! I like the stoties too^^ Ah, A wonderfull anime^^

I love this anime...so cute...but a little sailor moon

-I'd go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear-

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Quote by beyondmeasureI have watched this one 7 times so far, and I must say, this one really is great, and not rubbish, as I supposed when I watched it for the first time.
However, minebann, I think .hack//sign is a little better than Tutu.

... and now I got myself fucked.

Tutu's WAY better.

which reminds me...anyone know what is up with Mr Cat and the whole marriage thing?

-I'd go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear-

OMG this is one of my favorite animes ever! I've watched it three times and I cried every time.

I know so many people who are unwilling to watch it because of the title. And, let's face it, the first couple of episodes are a bit lacking--they just don't have the thematic elements and superb plots that develop later in the anime. I've found that, in order to get someone to actually WATCH the damn thing, you should show them the first two or three episodes, then IMMEDIATELY show them the "Hall Om Mig" AMV. It has some spoilers, but just enough that the ending remains a secret, and you get a taste of what happens later.

However, I really recommend watching it in Japanese. The English dub can't hold a candle to the original.

I missed Princess Tutu when it first came out, but I bought the whole series at a convention at a later date at the insistence of my best friend and anime viewing buddy. The first season can be a bit hard to get through, because it doesn't seem to have much plot, but stick with it, and you will be rewarded. My all-time favorite Magical Girl anime, and definately a contender in my top ten list of anime I've ever seen. The series is about a duck and ballet, but to say that's the main theme would be horribly wrong. I would even go as far as to say that ballet isn't just overwhelming in it. The only thing that annoyed me was that they used the same three classical music songs for the entire anime. I didn't want to touch the Nutrcracker ever again!

Quote by night-yagamiI've found that, in order to get someone to actually WATCH the damn thing, you should show them the first two or three episodes, then IMMEDIATELY show them the "Hall Om Mig" AMV. It has some spoilers, but just enough that the ending remains a secret, and you get a taste of what happens later.

This is ABSOLUTELY TRUE. Hall Om Mig is HANDS DOWN the best Princess Tutu AMV out there. It illustrates that the series is about more than just ballet, and it also gives you a great sense of the story to come as well as the action.

I highly recommend this to everyone who can stop judging it as a ballet anime and actually sit down and watch it!

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.