Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you follow the 5 second rule? - Minitokyo

Do you follow the 5 second rule?

Do you follow the 5 second rule?

Yes
6 votes
No
40 votes
Depends on the food
9 votes
Depends on the floor
19 votes
Depends on the food and floor
66 votes
Only if i'm really hungry!
9 votes

Only members can vote.

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 104 total items

DJZephyr

DJZephyr

MiX iT uP!

Ack, I clicked "Depends on the floor" before I saw "Depends on the food and floor." But yeah, I'm with the majority on this one, lol.

Follow your dreams. Honor your vows. MiX iT uP.
Signature

PAche

PAche

hoarder

depends on how clean the floor is and how stcky the food is.but i usually dont drop them anw

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

miaowmiaowmiaow

miaowmiaowmiaow

In pursuit of a glorious dream.

If the food is dry. Not sticky. In one piece. Intact. Smooth, non-porous surface. Surface did not accumulate significant visible debris. Debris on floor detached completely without leaving dirty parts on food.

If the floor is dry. Not dusty. Not moldy. Tiles. Marble. Smooth. Not hospital floors. Not contaminated with radiation or mercury or anthrax or salmonella. Floor not used for bathing, putting shoes, spillage of liquid food. Not used for mixing cement during construction.

If the room is cool. Air not dusty. No traces of human blood and body fluids. No contact with persons infected with HIV/AIDS. Tuberculosis. Avian flu. Ebola. No contact with animals or animal waste. No contact with rat poison.

Absolutely not if food is eant to be served.
Time might well be 60 seconds.

If otherwise, then I would discard the food right away.

"Truth is relative"
A statement which is relatively true...

it doesnt matter how long it is on the ground (been on myth busters) so i only eat it again when the floor is really clean and if the food isnt stiky :P

Greetings Da Dragon ><

Nope. I follow the 30 second rule.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

It really depends on the surface I drop the food onto. If it goes onto the floor its generally tossed (or that part is cut off for large items). IF it goes onto a preparation surface then I generally just pickit up and put it back the pot so to speak.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

lol,i dun really count it,juz pick it up n eat it,unless the food is smth sticky,tat'll cling dirt to it,den i'll drop it.lol. but for stuff like chips,i dun really give a hoot if it drops on the floor. unless the floor is absolutely disgusting.

coyotes

Demonic Ice Mirrors

If the food fell on my clothing, i eat it. If the food fell on the table, 90 percent of the time i don't eat it. If the food fell on the floor, no way i would pick it up and eat it.

If the floor is clean then it can stay there and I'll still eat it, as after all a few germs here and there are actually good for you in the long run. However if the floor is too dirty then into the bin it goes.

On the other hand it depends on the food, if the food isn't solid and slopped all over the floor then I'd just toss it anyway.

Put it this way, I'd lick the floor if the price was right (as long as that house doesn't have a pet inside) because the floor really isn't that bad for you.

VindicatoR

VindicatoR

Greato!

Yes but it's more like i never picked it up in 5 secs, so i probably dont follow it.
*Meaning i haven't eaten anything of the floor yet :).

kumiho

kumiho

every artist was 1st an amateur

actually it depends on the food n the floor...
if the floor is cover with marmer n clean then why not if the food is pickable...if it's soup or somethin like liquid then i guess just leave it on the floor ^_^;;

but i think it won't take 5 seconds to just pick somethin tht was just fall, right?

Signature
"pictures are beautiful, they can entrap beauty forever"

When it's food I really like on a floor that looks clean (no excessive pet hair or anything...), I follow the 2 seconds rule. If I don't, my dog eats it first.

Ewww.

But then again where I come from it's a ten second rule, so that's just hyprocisy ... I follow it accordingly.
*Note: who would pick something up off a shopping centre floor? gross!

if the floor is being cleaned just now....

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

what in the world is this five second rule you speak of?

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

^ Food dropped on the ground before 5 sec is still edible.

Only when no one's looking...

Kaelos

Fallen Angel of Darkness

It really depends on where it drops... If it was like in my house, or a friend's house which I knew was clean, then yes... anywhere else I wouldn't think twice about it!

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

I have never even heard of this rule XD and I definately don't follow it unless I saw things living on the floor XD!

Well, if it's on the house floor (usually clean) then the 5 second rule goes, except with dinners/oozing foods (e.g. mouses).
If it's in an obviously dirty place, then no chance.

THAT IS JUST DISGUSTING! :x ANYTHING THAT LEAVES MY HAND AND IS HEADED TO THE FLOOR IS GARBAGE!

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

It really depends on both the type of food and the floor it fell on. If it's a sticky type of food like meatballs or steak, then no. Otherwise, I probably would unless the floor is kind of dirty :P

Signature

For me it's like a one minute rule...
As long as said food isn't mushy like yogurt or a floor like a high school locker room, I'll eat it.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

What does it really matter, its not like more stuff will 'jump' on the food if it stays down there longer (except small bugs) ^^;
Anyway, if youwere determined to eat it before you probably still should, I mean worst case senario is you die, but thats the breaks!

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

The floor is my plate... I love a hint of foot flavoring in my food... =3

-repeat-

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 104 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.