Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Rotten Egg Challenge [Betting+Announcements] - Minitokyo

The Rotten Egg Challenge [Betting+Announcements]

page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next » 212 total items

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

WELCOME TO THE ANNOUNCEMENTS OF TREC!
LET THE TAUNTING AND BRIBING BEGIN :D

Firstly some ads:
[COMPETITION AFTER TREC I STRONGLY WOULD CHAIN YOU UP WITH]
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ayacigar/SR.jpg
Official thread: Arete: Minitokyo's first exclusively Amano contest. it's good for ANYONE who wants to improve y'know? To try something different? Be faced with a challenge? JOIN IT XO!

-----

On this thread you will receive the themes, the pair ups and here you will place ALL official bets that people can leisurely stroll in and have a read :)

Also, even if you are NOT participating, you can bet via other means. Please check the official site.

Essential Links
*Official site: http://members.mpx.com.au/t_r_e_c
For THEMES, head to the ENTRIES section. For UPDATES keep an eye on the right hand column.

If you have a link you want to have on TREC
Personal sites etc. tell me and I'll link you :)

There is the theme below. Other links are in your PM or on the Official Site, ENTRIES, ROUND ONE and scroll to the bottom for the round guidelines.

ROUND 1 GUIDELINES/ STIMULUS

Please read through the following paragraph(s) carefully.

You are a gangster. A yakuza.

There are 2 major gangs in the city: AKA (red) and AO (blue).
The boss of Aka hates Ao for yoinking their heroin stash and killing 5 of their men.
The boss of Ao hates Aka for yoinking his wife and because of that, gets drunk 24 7 at the bar.
Aka and Ao meet face to face in a back alley one Saturday morning at 3am.

AKA: You give me back my stash or pay me up with some cash.
AO: You rhyme
AKA: Shut up
AO: Then you give me my wife or I'll stab you.
AKA: I thought you were gonna say you'd hire Cloud Strife...
AO: Come on, I ain't here to muck around. Let's solve this. Friends?
AKA: Hell no. I want my stash.
AO: Forget it. Let's have a shootout.

Aka and Ao prepare to shoot when suddenly little aka and aolings say...

AKA: Boss, my brother is over there on Ao. My family isn't doing too well and it'd be nice if he stays alive. I'll be grateful.
AO: My good brother :'(
AKA: Please?

The boss of Aka resigns. It's his favourite aka-ling. Whatdya expect?

AKA: I challenge you.
AO: Challenge?
AKA: *removes a blanket revealing a big lump*

*GASP*

-----------------------------------------------------
ROUND ONE OF TREC: DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION CHALLENGE
-----------------------------------------------------

AKA: We'll verse each other.
AO: So what do these kids have to do with it?
AKA: Design the backgrounds.

YOUR MISSION: Here are a few DDR songs. Each has a distinct and obvious style.
You are paired up in groups of 4. Each group will create a background for that song. Within your group of 4, two belong to Aka; two belong to Ao.
Your other Aka or Ao chum will be the one you will consult with. Make sure you do well together.
Everyone makes a background each.

BACKGROUND INFO ON DDR: Otherwise known as Dance Dance Revolution, DDR is an arcade game in which you dance according to the steps on screen.
A DDR machine consists of a large screen, insert coin function, and in front of the screen on the ground is a platform with 4 squares with arrows pointing up, down, left and right.

To operate the machine you put in your tokens, select your level of difficulty (the harder the song, the more arrows there are on screen), select a song, and you stand on the platform on the buttons.

Each song is assigned a special background. Many backgrounds are very unattractive. Yuck. The background (of the song you select) appears on the screen, and there are 4 arrows, corresponding to those on the platform you are standing on, lined at the top of your screen. The aim of the game is to step on the corresponding arrow on the platform, when the dance arrows fly up the screen from the bottom and matches up with the existing arrow at the top of the screen (for timing). The other aim is to get the highest combo (timing is perfect and you don't miss any steps). Once you miss a step or your timing is lagged, your combo starts again from zero.

DDR is a common arcade game young people play when they jig school, or when not jigging, go there after school or on holidays. Many passerbys will stop to watch people play DDR. DDR requires a lot of concentration because the arrows may fly up the screen very quickly. DDR requires a lot of energy even though each song selection is about a minute to a minute and a half.

WHO WINS?: You may think that if one out of the pair of you get through the round, you will both proceed to the next round. Nope!
If you win against your opponent, you go through. If your partner loses, that's just too bad :(
But I suggest you *cough* use *cough* your partner well, because two heads are better than one :)
And be nice to your partners for bribing reasons... you never know who you might come up against later on ;)

OVERALL: This is a life and death battle between Aka and Ao.
Design good backgrounds, to aid your fellow chums to victory.
Good luck.

{{ SPECIFICATIONS }}
* All backgrounds should be 1600 x 1200.
* Do NOT put DDR arrows on your backgrounds. This is unnecessary.
* Email entries to: kuroimisa@gmail.com
REMEMBER EMAIL ONLY. DO NOT UPLOAD ONTO MINITOKYO OR ELSEWHERE BEFORE JUDGING IS OVER. IF YOU DO SO, INSTANT FORFEIT.
* ******Email a signed and unsigned version of your entry.******* <-- cuz the judges don't want to know who you are ^_~
Signed versions will be on the site. Unsigned versions will be deleted immediately after judging.
* Any scan is permitted from anywhere you wish- choose wisely.
* No scan is also permitted if you wish. ie. You don't have to use a scan if you don't want to.
Remember to listen to your allocated song, and to liaison with your partner

ALLOCATED SONGS
If your name is below that song, that is the song you make a background for.
VS is the person you'll be up against. The name above or below you is your partner (ie you are both from aka or ao)

To download these songs, please go to the Official site or check your PM/ email you specified to me earlier. This is to prevent any leechers -.-' The bandwidth isn't small, but I'd prefer it if less randos (who aren't interested in the competition) download them.

1. Daikenkai (trans: big opinion/ high opinion) (artist: Des-ROW feat. TSUBOI for ALPHA ) DDR 7th Mix
Terra-chan (AKA) vs jaderabbit (AO)
DayBreak (AKA) vs Regenbogen (AO)

2. Mahou no tobira (trans: the door of magic) (artist: a.s.a) DDR 7th Mix
RaXiv (AKA) vs technophreak (AO)
kakitsubata (AKA) vs kuroimisa (AO)

3. Tsugaru (trans: N/A) (artist: RevenG vs DE-SIRE) DDR 7th Mix
DernierCri (AKA) vs artgeek12 (AO)
Teryon (AKA) vs xxxjudgexxx (AO)

4. Across the Nightmare (artist: Jim Weckl) DDR 8th Mix
Jormungandr (AKA) vs EvoIIICE9A (AO)
smilebit (AKA) vs Kozumura (AO)

PS: Don't complain about your songs... I picked them especially so they would be fairly easy to pick up on. Nobody should have any real trouble making their backgrounds :)

Other information on drawing out names

It was really, the luck of the draw. I'm surprised at the line up, but the system worked like this:

I wrote everyone's name on a piece of paper and stuck a bit of blue tack on the back. On another piece of paper I had the teams. I flip the names to have blue tack facing up, mixed them around and then stuck them onto teams. Later I rearranged these names into pairs. Then I rearranged the pairs under songs.

REMINDER: YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS! CHECK THE TREC OFFICIAL SITE CALENDAR AND MINUS A DAY OFF IF YOU GOT THIS NOTIF ON THE 30th WHERE YOU LIVE

EDIT: The song name of Tsugaru and DES-row's 8th [now 7th] mix is changed cuz of the guy I downloaded these songs off he named them wrong u.u

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

AHHHH! Why am i always against DC! Damn him...my arch foe! I shall fight to the bitter bitter end!
AHHHHHHHHHH! *running and flailing arms like a girl*

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

It was the luck of the draw m'friend ^_^'

I told you, to win this round, you gotta twist and be hip ^_^'
ie. photoshop/ illustrator-wise or DDR-wise XP

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

DUUUUUDE this is soooo cool misa. Very detailed, interesting, and unique. IM PUMPED! i even get a kickass song! yessssss. now off to walling.

Signature

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Oh well, hope that artificial hip of mine can hold out. XP

Signature

Kozumura

Kozumura

????

>_> misa, you pick crappy songs! If this was a real DDR contest, I'd kill you all.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

You suck Kozu u.u
You only need to do one of them u.u

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Awwwwww~ Mahou no Tobira is so pretty~ It's my kind of song ^_^

;-; Too bad I have this Daikenkai... It's not my style... it's gonna be tough...

I don't really understand how we're supposed to make DDR backgrounds, since they usually move and change...

And I'm RED? Do you have to use your group color as a major theme in the Wall?

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Hehehe Terra you hit the nail.
You don't have to. But if you did, that's smarter :x

Well ignore the "karaoke" type DDR backgrounds.

Here is a sample of a DDR bg. It's hell bad looking, but it's an example:

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mahounotobirasupeesumakonoteem.png

merged: 12-01-2005 ~ 11:56am
PPS: With the bribing and stuff, I have heard a few naggles and niggles here and there about the songs lol.

If you don't like your song you can always bribe with someone and swap songs. But keep in mind what you make will be submitted under the other person's name and vice versa.

Eg. I want Daikenkai, Terra wants Mahou no Tobira
I do Terra' bg. Terra does mine.
We both do the bgs we want, but we submit the other entry instead.

Does that make sense? There is plenty of room for shifting around and rigging the rules. They are there for you to "violate" ;)
Just giving you all a thought in case if you wanted some room to move around in ;)

Signature

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

this is too freaking crazy... *dies*

@artgeek - you get your chance man... lol arch foe! watch me dance away with the prizes... hahaha ... I am the dance teacher after all. amateurs! lol :)

@misa - you are insane. when is the deadline for this insanity round?

@everyone - god help us indeed!

Jormungandr

Jormungandr

Child of Deceit

yes.

i've actually heard of you, kozumura. omni has spoken of you before.

i won't mention the scenario, but...

i bet a wooden nickel that i'll pull something out of my ass at the last minute which will defeat... ah... EvoIIICE?

is that the person's name, or is there some mass conspiracy to pull something on me? what does it mean?

i'm seriously confused now.

and i'm listening to music from naruto, a show about which i know nothing. wait, no. i know its nickname. Flashback. XP

Signature

Confucius says, shit happens.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

The deadline is 2 weeks from now. *checks the calendar and lugs it here*

Round one: 1st December- 14 December
Judging: 15 December- 25 December (yes, lovely Xmas prezzies for you XP)

Round two: 27 December-30 December
Judging: 31 December- 9 January

Round three: 11 January- 24 January
Judging: 25 January- 4th February

So for you peeps who have received this "theme" on the 30th of November, your deadline is the 13th December.
Just simply substract a day off what's on the site :)
PS: There is no specific time for submission. Play around - rules are here to be bent ;)

Lol, glad to know I am insane. I told you TREC was a digital media contest. That's why it's speshoool *^_^*

@ Jormungandr - EvoIIICE9A . Yes, that's her name. Not sure why, but that's the name :P
Is that a bet? I'll write it down somewhere XD !

Signature

Jormungandr

Jormungandr

Child of Deceit

or something like it.

i'll also throw my uncle charlie's fake wooden leg in the mix.

if i had an uncle charlie, that is.

two weeks to make something about which i know nothing, in dimensional proportions that i've used twice in my life? sure, no problem. i've got this in the bag already.

Signature

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

I'll bet that the Major gets scared and runs home to his mommy midway through.

Er, the Major=Jormungandr.

That is not an official bet, incidentally. I'm just taking well-deserved jabs at Major.

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

lol Jormungandr, it's all in the description. Pay attention to the details in my writing [which was worded specially for a reason. There are many clues and hints on what you will need to do] and you should be fine XP

@omni: ... XD

Signature

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

Quote by Terra-chanToo bad I have this Daikenkai... It's not my style... it's gonna be tough...

XD ill swap ya

merged: 12-01-2005 ~ 01:11pm

Quote by Jormungandri bet a wooden nickel that i'll pull something out of my ass at the last minute which will defeat... ah... EvoIIICE?

is that the person's name, or is there some mass conspiracy to pull something on me? what does it mean?

I would definatley take that as a bet :P and come on you missed the 9 and the A out of my name its pretty easy damn it its not a hard name unlike Jorm*random key smashing* just stick with Evo if you find it hard to remember the rest (maybe senior moments already)

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

Normally, I'd support you here, Evo, but the Major's name is actually taken from Norse myth...

Still, he did miss the 9a. C'mon, Major, pay a little more attention than that.

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

since i dont post much anyway, just know that i am always watching. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAH....*goes back to dark corner*

Signature

yareyare. i'm against misa-san. now i'll have to really work my ass off for this. WATCH ME WIN! @____@
this song i have. makes me want to make a trendwhore wall... ^^ i'm not so familiar with this DDR stuff.
just to be sure: if i win, i go through. if my partner loses. we both lose? or not? *confused*

hey Jormy. that's mean. you should at least try to give Evo a cute nickname or copy+paste it! i'm gonna call you Jormy from now on. whether you like it or not. XD

aaanyways. loads of homework right now. i'll check back later.

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

PAche

PAche

hoarder

misa!you always did have a good sense of humour XD i love the story.LOL.and as usual, you're so detailed.hard to believe you're lazy,putting so much thought into this.i sure hope nobody dishonours TREC^^

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

Jormungandr

Jormungandr

Child of Deceit

@kaki- sure. just one favor, 'kay? remove the "my" at the end, and tack "ma" on the front in its place.

Ich heisse Major Tom.

Signature

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

its been one day and we are already slinging crap at each other oh i love this

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

I bet that I will be the first one to submit for round one...
cause I am done with it ... ha!
>>>>DC=DesignCreature

@artgeek - you are so losing on this one!

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

It ain't over till......well......it just ain't over! >:[]

Oooo, that means i should probably start something....dadgum!

merged: 12-02-2005 ~ 04:35am
Oh yeah.....and DC=DementedCrazy! @_@v

Signature

page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next » 212 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.