Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Rotten Egg Challenge [Betting+Announcements] - Minitokyo

The Rotten Egg Challenge [Betting+Announcements]

page 5 of 9 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 212 total items

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

Eh, I suppose the scores sorta match the pieces, but probably not quite placed the way I would've.

Oh, and congrats to all the participants.

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

oh I really sucked eh? I guess nobody got it...
anyway I win the bet Terra-chan... haha...
art? are you still alive man?
DCout~

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I completely bombed... lowest score of the competition ;-; And DC was 5th Darn... one out :P

I'm still at my parents, so You'll have to wait a little bit.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

ROUND TWO START!: SEA OF PASSION CHALLENGE

Read through the following passage carefully.
Your stimulus this time is not aural, nor is it visual. It is textual.

--------------
START STIMULUS
--------------

The police came and caught the losing yakuza, be it AKA or AO, and threw them into a prison cell, entitled "ROTTEN EGGS".

After some minimal shuffling, AKA and AO are the ones remaining and will continue to fight.

You are now penniless since you spent all your money on the DDR machine and end up heading towards the beach.
You figure the cops can't catch you there.

You are still a gangster; A yakuza.

Strolling along the beach and you see a girl.
For those male yakuzas, you, instantly fall in love with her.

She was a pretty brunette with large green eyes, and she had an irresistible pout.

For those female yakuzas, you, instantly recognise her as your fellow schoolmate- your long lost best friend who escaped, eloping with her first love.

You sit with her, talk to her. This is what she says.

"He was a soldier. In the army.
He would take me along the beach, twirl me around with those muscly arms built up from all that training, and he would listen to me sing in the rhythm of the waves.
We would play in the shallow waters- crystals in our eyes. The smell of salt. Seaweed.
We would sit upon a shipwrecked boat and pretend we were the captains of our own ship.
I would spread my arms out like a bird and he'd be behind me, like that infamous scene in that sad, sad movie Titanic.
We would sit on the cliff, right on the edge, and once I nearly fell off. Instead he caught me, and then I threw him off the cliff.
We would run along the sand. Wind messing up my perfectly done hair. It was always windy and the sand kept getting into my eyes. It pissed me off somewhat, but we always had fun and took advantage of the wind.
We would collect shells. Listen to them. I cut my ear once on it.

I loved him.

That moron.

He left me for some other bimbo, my best friend. They were at a nightclub and I caught them in the act! Oh he was a mongrel. I wanted to KILL him... and so I did. I hired a hitman and I killed them both.

I feel bad.

That moron."

After thinking about it for a while and making a few negotiations you have come to the conclusion that she was mentally disturbed.
You decide that you want to write up a biography of this insane chick and hit the jackpot whilst you're at it.

Design the book cover, of her life :)

------------
END STIMULUS
------------

YOUR TASK: Create a book cover for the biography of the girl, based on what she said above.
Points will be rewarded for originality, and attention to details.

REQUIREMENTS:
Size: 1200 x 1600 [yes, these measurements. Your standard wallpaper rotated 90 degrees :)

No landscape entries. Make sure the height is more than the width.]
Email your book cover in when you are complete. Same rules apply, email to kuroimisa@gmail.com ~

with a signed and unsigned version thanks :)
Don't forget to include a little description with your entry ^_^ The entry shouldn't give away who you are either :)
All scans or whatever are allowed, from wherever you desire.
PS. RGB COLOUR! D:

HINT: There are two interpretations to this passage. Choose wisely.
This round is worth 35% of your final scoring. 35% is a large chunk of your pie, so do well D:!
Also, both teams kick up the pace... the score gaps aren't that far apart!

And I forgot to write this in your PMs

kakitsubata (AKA) vs artgeek12 (AO)
smilebit (AKA) vs Regenbogen (AO)
DernierCri (AKA) va EvoIIICE9A (AO)
Teryon (AKA) vs tecnophreak (AO)
Terra-chan (AKA) vs xxxJUDGExxx (AO)

Regulatory: kuroimisa
[entry will be added if needed]

Also: NO need to feel intimidated. The round 1 scores were quite spread out and unexpected. There is plenty of room to make up for things.
PLEASE DON'T USE JUST RED OR BLUE... PLEASE D:!~
Use some more variety now >_<!

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

You work too much, Chestnut. :P

God, I'm interesting.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Sankyuu, omni *n-n* But can you stop calling me Chestnut?! >_<

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

well I don't know about chestnut Misa... but you're nuts for sure.. lol
what a crazy round 2! omg I wonder who is the crazy woman? lol
Cheers misa.. we love you.. thank you for your hard work!
DCout~

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

Who else? It's our own krazy Kuri... or maybe not.

But then, Kuri is very violent.

<<;
>>;

God, I'm interesting.

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

so Misa... who are the rotten eggs from round one?
can you make them stink in public? ha ha... I am probably one.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Lol you still couldn't get to the page? *frowns* I wrote up a whole report on it XO

[copy and pasted]

END OF ROUND ONE REPORT
by hostess Misa

> > f o r f e i t e d // most rotten eggs
[1] DayBreak, [2] RaXiv, [3] Kozumura
[all sent no entries and did not contact. Kozu though, was away for 2 weeks]

> > u n f o r t u n a t e c a s u a l t i e s // less rotten
[1] jaderabbit [misinterpretation of contest]
[2] Jormungandr [ran out of time]
[3] smilebit [had no Illustrator or Photoshop tools to make an entry]
All contacted hostess in advance.

> > l o s e r s // rotten eggs
[1] kuroimisa
[2] artgeek12
[3] Teryon

> > w i n n e r s // kickass eggs
[1] Terra-chan [default win]
[2] Regenbogen [default win]
[3] tecnophreak [default win]
[4] kakitsubata
[5] DernierCri
[6] xxxJudgexxx
[7] EvoIIICE9A [default win]

>> w i n n e r // of round one
AO [54.1] won over AKA [49.4]
AKA's score included kuroimisa's score.
[Note by hostess: woo! GO AO!]

>> h i g h e s t s c o r e // of round one 
Belongs to the INVINCIBLE xxxJUDGExxx on score 13.1

> > a d v i c e // to win
Come on teams, help your fellow members out ! D:

>> c o m m e n t s // trec
Reason for TREC~ I always wondered if judges took account of the name of entries and also the audience and purpose. Many comps had a very wishy washy judging procedure [I imagine it to be pretty much up to what the judges decide to award].
My purpose of TREC was NOT to create something new and funky, but rather something that fits the bill. Attentive to details? You win.
On the note about the judging guidelines, I write up the guidelines for the judges to follow. They are not strict, but they do guide judges to a certain degree- hopefully that will help with the overall consistency.
Last thing is about "fairness" of competitions. From the very beginning I didn't want to trick anyone that TREC was a "fair" competition- because nothing is fair. That is why I let people bribe and taunt- under the impression though that this is a nasty competition, surprisingly enough I do think that most things are fair though. But I would not like people to think that TREC is fair D: That'd ruin my reputation >D !

>> c o m m e n t s // on the round in general
The reason for this round was to get people out of comfort zones, and to produce some good looking backgrounds. There were MANY hints I left in the description like the word "yuck" and just other strange, strange things.
No previous experience with DDR was needed because I provided a lengthy and detailed description. I was also very impressed that some people did their homework and looked up some screencaps, which was the point of this round.
Overall, good work. Now you all know what DDR is [Dance Dance Revolution].
For a computer simulation of it, visit http://stepmania.com - but you download the songs elsewhere.

>> c o m m e n t s // on judging
Judging went very smoothly.
The scores and comments were sent in rather promptly. I was missing a set of scores from one judge. I will not put them into the scores as they have already been scaled, but will pin up the comments... if they come.
For those who are curious about how they are judged, the hostess writes up the judging guidelines and writes a description next to a point range. The description matched with the entry then matched up with the score should be more consistent overall. You will NOT see these pages until the VERY END of TREC to prevent abuse of the scoring system.

Judges' comments [esp the negative one] of course are not meant to be taken too seriously and are exaggerated. However, it is not garbage, and do reflect on why such a comment was structured.

> > c o m m e n t s // on scoring
Scoring was overall pretty good too.
I realised that there was a very large range of scores, but that was to be fixed up by the scaler, so it was no real problem.
Perhaps one judge may have taken it a bit too literally, but the problems are fixed.

> > c o m m e n t s // on scaling
Scaling procedures were decided by the scaler.
Overall I am pleased with the decisions made and the scaler is reliable because he/she always picks out the hostess' careless calculation errors <3
Oh. The point of saying that was, the scaler is a very careful person.

> > c o m m e n t s // on entries
Overall the standard of entries was very good.
Perhaps some were a little uncalled for, but overall there was a good variety and the thought gone into them is evident. Well done everyone!
My main concern though was that some entries were kinda obvious [as in, it was easy to tell who made the entries] - be it through entry style or description.
Problem should be solved in round 2.

PS. tecno's entry was sent to me in CMYK colour [that doesn't show up on an internet browser and I've NEVER seen it before being the noob I am] so that was a BIG surprise and shock when it failed to work. PLEASE make sure your entries are in RGB colour or else I can't guarantee I can save it as RGB in the quality you want it to be in >_>

> > c o m m e n t s // round 2 procedure
The hostess is going to pull out of TREC.
Hint of advice: DO *NOT* organise, write up guidelines and enter your contest at the same time. It's too painful.
Hostess's reasons: [stated previously] ~ simply put, it'd make MY life easier if I didn't try to juggle everything at the same time.
WARNING: I will be HELPING the xxxjudgexxx since I am not entering TREC.
Also, if I feel that there needs to be an extra "null" entry to overall hide the identity of entrants, I may put in an entry to ensure the anonymity of entries if needed. And don't complain. TREC isn't fair ;)
INTRODUCING: smilebit back into TREC. This is justified because it's not that he didn't want to produce an entry; rather, it was because he couldn't.
kuroimisa's score will be added onto the AO total. Since smilebit was originally on the AO team, he will be placed back on AO. There will be a 5 vs 5 formation.

NEW GAME FORMAT: 

AKA vs AO. Each round progresses in difficulty, so each round should be worth more than the next.
Eg. Round 1 makes up of 15% of "available marks", Round 2 makes up 35%, Round 3 makes up 50%. Total: 100%
For smilebit, his round 2 score will be worth 40%, round 3 60%.
AKAlings are encouraged to help other Akalings. Same for Ao.
Nobody is knocked out, however you still need the rotten egg thingy in your signatures.

There we go :)

Signature

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

PEE-EW! I doth stinkith too much! XP
I'm still alive DC, just took some time to crawl out of my grave. *brushes dirt off*
I'm gonna kick it into overdrive next round and kick some but...WA-CHA! *shows off kung-fu pose*

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I don't deserve to not be a rotten egg ;-; lowest score of the round and all ;-;

Signature

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Hum i weirdly see no one with the "rotten egg sig" (except misa apparently, but it should be bigger ^_^... like in your sig img or something, with someone trampling on an egg with misa on it :) )

anyway congrats to all, and i couldn't access the page neither (where's the whole report is) ^_^'
go round 2

poor Terra against xxx ! good luck everyone

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Okay, I checked with the site and you can try accessing the report I did.

Link should hopefully work.

Or else:

CLICK HERE

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

...The lowest scorer vs. the highest scorer of the first round... I think I need to finish DernierCry's artwork and make it part of my sig... I think I'll feel a lot better then....

merged: 12-30-2005 ~ 04:30am
http://www.deviantart.com/view/27001682/
My bet payment.

Signature

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

HAHA, that's funny Terra-chan. The dude in the egg suit looks llike Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh when she wore the pernguin suit. SU-PER KA-WAI-III! I've also added the rotten tagline on my sig....so.....watch me stink up the place. *toot toot*

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Quote by artgeek12HAHA, that's funny Terra-chan. The dude in the egg suit looks llike Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh when she wore the pernguin suit. SU-PER KA-WAI-III! I've also added the rotten tagline on my sig....so.....watch me stink up the place. *toot toot*

DUDE? Who is a DUDE? That's ME in the egg suit. :P

I may have "won" my round by default, but I'm still a rotten egg for having the lowest score of the round.

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

oh no! you aren't a rotten egg though, Terra-chan D: That's in the report... you don't need to say you're rotten >.< You're still kickass D:

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Nowhere in my sig does it say I'm rotten. I just have an annoyed eggy of myself for a sig image saying I'm in TREC :P But I feel rotten for having the lowest score. This is why I hate winning by default.

Signature

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

[cough]

Where's all the betting, people?! I want to see ridiculous bets! That's the only reason I've bothered following this silly competition.

Oh, and because I like bugging Kuri, too. OX

God, I'm interesting.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Fine Then... I bet EvoIIICE a piece of artwork that she will lose her round to DernierCri (Just like I did!)

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Ahahahahha I bet that the judge will get a score higher than 13 again D:!

Signature

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

I'll take up that bet, Kuri. What's yer offer?

God, I'm interesting.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

... it's a general bet o_O But what do you want from me?

Signature

page 5 of 9 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 212 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.