Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Some People Dislike JK Rowling Why? - Minitokyo

Some People Dislike JK Rowling Why?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

Jk Rowling is one of the famous Author known as the author of the Harry Potter Series however there is an amount of people who dislike her and the HP series a long time ago i was at a fan site and i saw some comments about her series and we all know HP is about magic wizards and witches some of the comments grabbed my attentions they said something like...

"why are u against the catholic and christians?"
i know some Christians and Catholic dont accept this kind of stuff i mean so they just hate her for writting something like that? my question is why? i mean after all its just a story a fiction and i am sure she has NOTHING against the Catholic and Christians and no one knows if wicthes or wizards exist or not besides HP series already helped her to become a very famous rich woman in England and there are many fans from different countries

whats ur opinion? do u like her? or u dislike her? and please do give a reason OX

SerenityEternal

SerenityEternal

~ radical dreamer ~

I don't know her very well, all i know is that she is the author of the very famous Harry Potter books, and in my opinion i think she's a wonderful author.

that stuff about her books being evil and such is such bs...really silly, and stupid stuff to argue over when there's much more important things to talk about.

I like and admire her for her talent, and she is a wonderful writer...good enough reason? lol.^_^

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

all i know is that my parents are against it because of the witchcraft factor

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

Quote by SekiRyuuall i know is that my parents are against it because of the witchcraft factor

nothing against her or anything...it jus the religeous families are against it

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

Well, people are allowed to not like her writing, and it's totally their choice. But i know what you mean, there are some people who think that her writing is a 'bad influence'. bah. There's nothing wrong with a little coming-of-age story. Next thing i know, they'll be trying to ban Catcher in the Rye.

Oh wait, they already did. And won.

Which makes me sad when i think that over here in America we have a list of censored books which aren't allowed in public facilites (schools, libraries, etc). Does that strike anyone else as just plain wrong? I mean, what ever happened to the whole freedom of speech thing that's supposed to make this country so great? *sigh* i guess mobs of self-rightous people will be mobs of self-rightous people...

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

well...I'm neutral..don't lovee and don't hate either..but I heard some people say she's causing a highway robbery with her books..they said it's too expensive

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

saiyukifan

saiyukifan

GOMENASAI EVERYONE. :(

... okaayy.... I don't know anyone hating her books. But I read somewhere (in the almanac) that they ban these from schools because they contain witchcraft, sneaking out and stealing... kinda... but that's what makes it exciting, right? And you can't actually do those spells... it's just lame to know that someone doesn't like her books... they're cool. Or I think they hate her because she's trying to make the Lord of the Rings look idiotic...

But I know she's the first one with the movie... oh well...

Signature
Sunlight is what I want, but sunlight ignores me... I wish I would someday be freed from this darkness by someone who will love me forever and ever... no more pain at all with him... no more pain and tears... because I will love him...
~thanks to~
k1ru for my ava and sig! ^_^

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

Quote by SekiRyuuall i know is that my parents are against it because of the witchcraft factor

i know thats the main reasons why the Catholic and Christians against about

Oh well... I have heard about it.

It's also that some child can be easily inflenced so... and I guess that not of the child are lucky to have parents that are here to explain things... and well child can be not old enough to see the difference between reality and fiction.

You know like when you want to fly by your own and you think that if you try enough you will...

For the non-religious or influence stuff, I just think to each his/her own, and well like someone don't like the color red, there are people who simply don't like Rowling's books...

I've heard too HP was too much a recycling of old ideas. I think it's true that there are some old ideas but she still build a great story by using them and adding her own things, and well almost anyone write something by using old things.

By the way, wouldn't this thread a little better located in the Hobby & Sport Lounge ?

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

well... the "normal" people find harry potter interesting and has therefore started to take more interests in fantasy.
The ones that have been surporting fantasy for a long time get crossed because now fantasy is popular and others have turned it into fashion. *a bit like anime*
so, thats why some people on the treets maybe resents J.K Rowling. *well, what i nkow anyway*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Personally, I think everyone needs to stop overgeneralizing about "who" dislikes it, because I am a strong Christian, and I, my family, and the congregation I go to have nothing against Harry Potter (I like the books, myself). Yes, there are religious groups out there that are against it, but there are non-Christian people who dislike it as well. My neighbor isn't a Christian and she won't let her children read them because they are "supernatural" and deal with "things that could never happen".

I don't mind people not wanting to read them or being concerned about their children reading the books J.K Rowling writes, but I personally don't think of them as a problem if you are grounded in reality (as in, don't try to jump off a building with a broom and expect to fly, for example). But those sort of things that happen aren't fair to blame on the author. There are people out there that are easily influenced, and there are people who are not phased at all by fiction/fantasy.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

levezzali

levezzali

Purge Existence

Well, what I personally think is that JK missed the "belief" part of the story, cause any character seem to have a religious foundation. Even those who were not born witches and wizards really don't seem to know god, or other entities. Actually I think that this kind of integration is needed in books for kids, but of course, if we had Christianism in it, the other cultures would criticize it, as well as in the other hand...

Even if it is fiction, these books lack of some institutions like family, work other (HP's family is completely distorted, and the ministery of magic always seems a big mess, and still, the only people who have any hierarchzation are the bad guys : P something is quite wrong with "values" in this story).

But even so, I like the books as for fun :)

Purified Existence of a Lost Soul

... ok ... I am not a that serious person !! XD

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.