Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Somethings really WERID is happening and its REALLY scaring me! - Minitokyo

Somethings really WERID is happening and its REALLY scaring me!

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 111 total items

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

No it is not schizophrenia - that's such a dangerous thing to say. I don't think Ayasal was 'possessed', and her condition is most likely sleep paralysis. You need a lot more than just hearing things to be diagnosed as a schizophrenic. The five symptom criteria for this disorder are delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, disorganized or catatonic behavior (this is quite disturbing), and negative symptoms (e.g. inability to speak). I highly doubt that this describes her case.

But if one gets REALLY bizarre delusions or hallucinations consist of a voice keeping up a running commentary on the person's behavior or thoughts (or two or more voices conversing with each other), then it raises the likelihood that it is schizophrenia. There has to be some serious psychosis.

And in addition to the symptoms, schizophrenics show severe dysfunction in social/occupational situations. I don't think that's the case here.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

I never said she was possesed, and she DOES have a lot more than hearing things, like not being able to move, which is quite unusual. Sleep paralysis does not make you hear or feel things, it simply unables you to move upon waking up, although you are PERFECTLY aware of your surroundings, something she obviously isn't aware of, as she has no idea where the sounds come from.

she may very well be suffering from early symptoms of what could lead into a serious case of schizophrenia.

Ayasal, if all you said in your post was true and you aren't doing any of this to get attention, then seek professional help.

Signature Image

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

Thank you everyone, I told my parents and seeked professional help just like everyone told me to, and he said the case was REM. im so happy I was going crazy or schizophrenia. :x or hearing ghosts X_X
yet, he doesnt know when it would stop.

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

Fyn

mmm, do you believe in that stuff about astral journeys? Thats is said to be like your mind being able (somehow) to travel through places and sometimes time while youre sleeping, and that if you have any special X thing in you, those journeys get sometimes violent or too disturbing, like living nightmares. ANd thats exactly what happens to you. The thing about not being able to move your body is a caracteristic aspect of those "journeys" too. I believe in this because my mother practices yoga and stuff, and her group was trying to control this, to be able to make this journeys wherever they wanted to, and one day I saw her in my room, but she was asleep in her room, and when she woke up she couldnt move or breathe, and ever since then i believe in this cause its too damn wird.
And i believe you too.
My advice is to not to seek scientific help, but a spiritual one BUT LOOK OUT FOR LYERS! People that says that they are able to do this and that and they lie! Avoid them!
Get a person that knows about these things that you can trust, and I hope you can fix this problem of yours =)
Good Luck!

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Hm...I felt very dizzy tons of times and frozen in spot, but I never gotten that far enough to hear voices and screams! I think you should try to rest! Maybe you are overreacting? Or your soul must be telling you something about the past, future, present? Try to hear what the voices are trying to tell you, so you can get a better understnding! Maybe you red to much ghost stories! I hope these helps!

merged: 12-30-2005 ~ 06:51am
I am glad to see that the problem is solved! *hugs*

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

rocks

rocks

Secret Finger Jutsu

do you tell anyone else about it? maybe they can relate...maybe.
don't make it sound like ur crazy though. Have you tried sleeping pills or something? oh and by the way, the not being able to move or breathe thing, where it feels like something is sitting on you? thats called a chest press

merged: 12-30-2005 ~ 07:14am
wow i said that a little bit late eh

What you describe sound exactly like a natural body process, just ill timed, and it is directly related to REM sleep ( random eye movement, a dream state ) What your brain does is it disables various motor functions of the body to protect the body itself. If it didnt disable the motor functions there is a good possabilitie of the body actually acting out a dream or what not and accidentaly harming itself.

What you are mostlikely experienceing is when the body wakes up but the mind has not yet re-enabled motor function. Its a documented phenominon.

What you hear i would contribute to either the imagineation + a bit of panic causeing blood to rush and that sound is what you hear but your mind transfors it into something else. Or of course it could simply be that your mind is still in a semi-dream state causeing the sounds.

Anyways hope this helps.

demx

demx

Survive

My friend you have sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis is a condition characterized by paralysis of the body shortly after waking up (known as hypnopompic paralysis) or, less often, shortly before falling asleep (known as hypnagogic paralysis). Physiologically, it is closely related to the normal paralysis that occurs during REM sleep, also known as REM atonia.

Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is awakened from a REM state into essentially a normal fully awake state, but the bodily paralysis is still occurring. This causes the person to be fully aware, but unable to move. In addition, this state is usually accompanied by certain specific kinds of hallucinations. This state usually lasts no more than two minutes before a person is able to either return to full REM sleep or to become fully awake, though the sense of how much time has gone by is often distorted during sleep paralysis. People who are fortunate enough to be facing a clock while having an episode may often be surprised to see how little time has gone by during an episode that seems to last a very long time.

More often than not, sleep paralysis is believed by the person affected by it to be no more than a dream. This is the reason why there are many dream recountings which describe the person being lying frozen and unable to move. The hallucinogenic element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as simply a dream, as one might see completely fanciful objects in a room alongside the normal vision one can see.

Many people who claim to induce out-of-body experiences say that sleep paralysis is a golden opportunity to leave the physical body.

Hallucinations that follow this are

Most common

* Vividness
* Fear

Common

* Sensing a "presence" (often malevolent)
* Pressure/weight on body (especially the chest)
* A sensation of not being able to breathe
* Impending sense of doom/death

Fairly common

* Auditory hallucinations (often footsteps or indistinct voices, or pulsing noises). Auditory hallucinations which are described as noise instead of hallucinations of legible sounds, are often described to be similar to auditory hallucinations caused by Nitrous Oxide by persons who have experienced both.
* Visual hallucinations such as people or shadows walking around the room

Less common

* Floating sensation (sometimes associated with out-of-body experiences)
* Seemingly seamless transition into full hallucinations or dreaming, also associated with out-of-body experiences
* Tactile hallucinations (such as a hand touching or grabbing)

Rare

* Falling sensation
* Vibration

Some possible causes

* Sleeping in a supine position (facing upwards)
* Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in
* Increased stress
* Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
* A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode

Signature Image

ok so..about u n when ur asleep n then u wake up n u cant move..its because ur spirits re-entering ur body...like spirits can leave ur body n go somewhere but when it comes back it causes u pain.....but anyways i need some peoples help..my friend..when she goes to sleep..every 5 minutes she will start shaking..n if u keep watching her..she just shakes then stops..then u keep hearing this scratching sound..then when she stops shaking.its as if what ever was on top of her floats over u..n u can feel it..and it only happens at her house..n every morning she wakes up with scratches..n they keep getting worse..today..she pulled me and my other friend n the bathroom..she showed us her leg..it looks terrible..its like someones took a lil knife to her or sumthing...she can wake up in the morning with scatches all over her body..n her and her mother have holy water to put on her..and it doesnt work..she even has crosses all over her room...can anyone relate to this..n if u know how to deal with it please tell

hellbomb

KaBoom!

>.>
http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html
i feel bad about not being able to help

Quote: How can I stop the sleep paralysis?

In severe cases, where episodes take place at least once a week for 6 months, medication may be used.

yea... your at the 6 months point, and your experiencing this 3 times a week, so you might wana get that checked out.

....(_)_TNT_)----#
..(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
(_)(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
"somebody set up us the bomb"

sukie

sukie

IT'S WAY BETTER THAN YOURS!

i think you should see a doctor...it maybe this form of insumina (i'm not sure how to spell it but it means you can't sleep or something) [E-Sum-Ni-Ah] anyho...everyone is different so this maybe something that you experience during your growth spert. so i wouln't worry too much if i were you. just go on in life pertenting it never happened.

one more thing...

it's really great that you told your bro...but i think telling your parents it's abit better...i mean your bro is just another teen...and teens (yes that includes me) just are not parent like if you no what i mean..they just can't offer the kinda confort that parents can...that's how i see it anyways...

btw...you are not crazy! you are cute and nice! and a good artist! =D (though most talenty artist are kinda strange up there...but i'm pretty sure you are 100% normal! atleast 99.9% from what i can tell...=P jk

Please visit my BLOG @ [url]www.jaded.ever-falling.net[/url]
[url]www.jaded.ever-falling.netSignature Image[/url]

One time, while I was brushing my teeth, I heard my brother and dad talking at the bottom of the stairs. THe staircase is right out the door of the Bathroom. When I finished, I was surprised to see that my brother and my father were both fast asleep.

So, I am still trying to figure out how I over heard this argument my brother and my dad were having when they were both asleep. ....

Have u tried any stresskiller activity before sleep? keep a diary, read a book, hit a punching bag, if your problem is caused by stress it may help u a litle.

El Reino del Caos ha llegado, y la oscuridad reina desde el Trono de Hielo.....

I m not a native english speeker so pl excuse any misspell .........

i think its just some type of sleeping problem. that kinda happened a few times to me about a year ago...

when you wake up...its almost impossible to move
everything is spinning and your hear things
and it all stops...

BUT i don't think you should try medicine, i think it was what caused mine. tons of asprins and pain killers...>.>

i think you should take to a doctor or something...or just try to be healthier, exercise, sleep right, and yeah ^^
i hope everything goes well and you get better Ayasal!

Well I don't know exactly what your problem may be. But if you’re really desperate you can try one thing. It has worked before and it may help you. Try saying Jehovah. I know what you’re probably thinking but it might help. Try it.

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 111 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.