Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Karma or Fate? - Minitokyo

Karma or Fate?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Suicide-Demon

Suicide-Demon

L!f3 !5 H3LL

Was just wandering what you guys believe in - Karma or Fate.

I myself believe in karma since quite a while. Everytime I do something bad to one of my classmates for example, it comes back to me immediately.
And it is reflected in Mahjongg. IĀ“can never win a game with that Karma :sweat:

For those who don't know the meaning of Karma: as far as I know, Karma appears in everything you do, it has also something to do with your luck.
And it is affected by everytrhing you do - like if you help any kind of person you meet that is in need of aid, you have got a good karma. But if steal from people, murder or rape (just as an extreme example) you've got a bad karma, which appears in situations where you are in need of luck.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

None.

Personally I believe sh*t happens. But to a larger extent I belive more in cause and reaction, and consequence (but not on the metaphysical scale). For example, I can't belive that your Mahjongg skil has anything to do with what you did earlier (except maybe the lack of practice). If you practice, you will be able to win no matter how bad you believe your karma to be.

As for fate, I also don't believe in destiny or a pre-ordained fate. Your future will be whatever you make it to be, whatever route you took to get there, whether you plan it or not. Its passing the buck blaiming something on fate or destiny. You are now where you are because of past actions. I believe more in coincidinces (although believe might be a bit roo strong - lets say I accept them) than fate, or karma.

You are in control of your life, even though it may sometime go out its way because of external factors, but you are still captain of your own ship, which is you.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

chisaikame

chisaikame

happy camper o^^o

i say both -although i wouldn't call it 'karma' and the absolute belief in it... just my two cents... :]

ego vici mundum

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

lol...same as joealmighty, i think stuff just happens and chain reaction is the key. for karma wise, i guess it can affect us. but yeah, who knows.

one of the examples is how you can actually talk bad to your neigbour today and she gets back at you the next day, funny huh, i think that is chain reaction. Cause and effect

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I belive in nothing ^_^

neither karma nor fate, U wouldn't belive how easy everything becomes when U got nothing to throw the blame on, but yourself

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I believe in both I am mostly believe in destiny and fate. I beleive somethings are ment to happen but sometimes things just happen you have no control. But I admit most of time a person does have control.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

ajb

ajb

mr.hat

karma could be just all in ur mind...
if u do sumptin bad and sumptin bad happens to u afterwards,
would that bad thing happened to u anyways even if u still didnt do anything bad?

perhaps we blame the bad things that happen to us on the bad things we do so we can feel some sort of responsibility for our actions and try to correct our mistakes..

otherwise, we might just say "why me?...why did this bad thing happen to me?...i did nuthin to deserve it?"
with karma, instead it would be like "i deserve this wrong that has been done on me...its my fault that someone else did wrong on me cus i did wrong myself as well"

believing karma can have good effects and bad effects
sooo make sure u use it responsibly ^___~

Charmaynard

Charmaynard

The Best Part Of Waking Up

I am a firm believer in Karma. I do my best to help everyone i can. And i am one of the luckiest people i know. It just seems to make sense.

Try The Lizard, You'll Love It.

Kiralover182

Kiralover182

Songstress Ashes

I am acctully a believer in both. Karma can show up, yet its fate that Karma does show up...

*Ashes

I don't really think about fate, but I do believe in karma. I believe it's not really about luck, but it's like that quote... "What goes around comes around."

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

I like to think along hte lines of joelalmighty as well in the sense that I don't believ in karma and all that...it's probably just cause and consequence and in some instances your actual frame of mind at the itme you do things...for example using your mahjong game maybe it could be due to your lack of concentration with the game because of your consience nagging at you or whatever htat cause you to mak many mistakes which you might not know. And the concept of karma destiny also coincides with what religions are if you ask me because most religions often preach of a perfect world that one may enter should they fulfill the duties that were offered to them. But if everything is pre-destined then putting it simply...you'd already be screwed before you started. If you think about like so then "god" would be giving you a raw deal because you have no real control over your actions (you think you do but it's all already written) and you'd be living life and ending up in hell (should destiny will it so).

As for karma...shouldn't this all occur after we're dead?...if ppl were punished soon after they did wrong all would be goody goody by the time it comes to being judged in the afterlife because everyone is too afraid of hte after effects of karma to do anything bad and that keeps them bound...free will can't be exercised then so to speak and life should be about being free only to be judged later if at all. that and I know too many good people that have lost lots while many not so good ppl standing atop the world...where is the karma in that? ._.
that's my 2 cents anyway =x

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Both...they coincide with each other.
Hard to tell though...

\(^o^)/

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.