Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Monster - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 6 total items

kino

kino

tabibito

anyone other than me is eagerly waiting for this serie to air?? it is based on Naoki Urusawa thriller manga, Monster. I heard Anime-Kraze is going to sub it ^^ i hope they'll do a good job. Info

The long rumored anime adaptation of Naoki Urasawa's masterpiece "Monster" will debut in April on NTV

Originally, Monster is a manga:
Mangaka: Naoki Urasawa
Serialized in: Big Comic Original [Shogakukan]
Length: 18 volumes

"According to the article "MONSTER" has sold 20 million copies in Japan. That'd put the series in the area of such best selling titles like "Berserk" and "Saint Seiya". Selling figures for "Yawara" (29 volumes) roughly add up to 32 million copies."

Anime Information:
Director: Masayuki Kojima
(he directed "Master Keaton"; his recent works include "Hanada
Shounen-shi"/director; "Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai"/series composition; "DNA Sights 999.9 OVA"/director)

Series composition: Tatsuhiko Urahata
(the guy responsible for adapting the manga storyline into a master plot for the tv-series. I hope he goes ahead and eliminates a fair amount of those "side stories" Urasawa incorporated in the manga series, that way the main story might appear more tight and suspenseful. Previous works: "Petshop of Horrors"/screenplay; "Master Keaton"/series composition, screenplay; "DNA Sights 999.9 OVA"/screenplay; "Phantom Quest Corp."/screenplay; "Rail of the Stars"/screenplay)

Character design: Kitarou Kousaka
(became famous with "Nasu - The Summer of Andalusia". Kousaka also delivered the CD for "Master Keaton". Other than that he's known for being the animation director of some Ghiblis, "Sen to Chihiro", "Mononoke Hime" and "Whisper of the Heart")

Music: Kuniaki Haishima
("Master Keaton"'s componist. No $#!T! You might have heard his score in "Alien Nine", "RUN=DIM", "Gasaraki", "Spriggan" and "Neo Ranga")

Animation production: Madhouse
Mad House is a veteran production company that's worked on a large number of titles in the past, and they have a reputation for doing good work. They worked on previous Urawasa titles (Yawara and Master Keaton), as well as titles like Hajime no Ippo, Boogiepop Phantom, Trigun and Perfect Blue.

In more recent years they've had their hands in creating titles like Texhnolyze, Hitsuji no Uta (Lament of the Lamb), X, ad the theatrical releases Tokyo Godfathers, Millenium Actress and Nasu (for all you Kuroda Iou fans). Right now they're working on "currently-airing" titles like Gunslinger Girl, Gokusen and Paranoia Agent.

It is most likely that Monster would make it to the west shores because almost all studio madhouse stuff gets licensed.

Production: NTV, VAP, Shougakukan

The Introduction to the story:
Dr. Tenma is a Japanese man working in Germany. He has it all, incredible medical skill, a great job, a beautiful fiancee. He becomes disillusioned with the hospital politics though, when one day he's ordered to forgo operating on a critically injured man in favor of someone who was more famous. After this point, he decides he will do what he thinks is right, regardless of politics.

One day, a young boy and his younger sister were brought in. The boy had a bullet in his head, an operation that the doctor knows only he is capable of completing successfully. But soon after a politician was brought to the hospital and the high ups in the hospital want Dr. Tenma to leave the boy to operate on the politician. Dr. Tenma decides that he'll do what's right and save the young boy's life.

The young boy's operation was a success, but the surgeons operating on the politician fail, prompting his life to fall apart. Dr. Tenma is passed over for a promotion and his fiancee becomes cold to him and eventually leaves him.

But soon after, strange murders begin to occur, ones that benefit Dr. Tenma greatly and though he becomes the #1 suspect, they have no evidence against him. But it seems that the boy whose life Tenma saved has a hand in things, and that he is much more than he seems...

Note: There is absolutely nothing supernatural about this story (As in, this boy is not some sort of alien/animal in a boys body or anything related to that. All characters are your everyday humans. No super powers or anything like that). I just don't want to say more because I don't want to give anything away.

i got this info from the manga group who is scanslating Monster currently, Mangascreener.

Signature Image

Eh... this made me remember. o_o I've downloaded a bit of this from Ms off irc... sounds like I should get to reading it now. XD

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

i read 10 volumes (11 is coming in september here). it's really thrilling. the anime is great, too

Yes I think that Monster is one of the greatest anime/manga I have ever seen, it is so suspensful and thrilling. No wonder it got that 78 eps (78 right?) I just hope I'll be able to finish watch thing anime, it truly is a work of art...

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

Monster roxx , the manga is really intersting
i was tired of reading shonen manga , so monster is really refresshing
the anime is well made and very close to the anime
keep it up

I've seen all the eps so far subbed by a-kraze.... can't wait for more... this series at first didn't strike me as interesting... but as soon as the killing and running began it got very interesting

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.