Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can some one explain the ending to wolf's rain (spoilers) - Minitokyo

Can some one explain the ending to wolf's rain (spoilers)

Tagged under Wolf's Rain

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

At the end of wolfs rain all the wolves die but in the ending they all seem like they were turned human im not sure if this is correct but it would be nice to get a second opinion.

The strong will do what they can the weak will suffer what they must

The ending it left intentionally ambiguous. I can't remember exactly where - though I have the feeling that it was on one of the DVDs - there was an interview where the creators stated that a great deal of Wolf's Rain is left open for interpretation. For example, you never really get an answer to either when (past or future) or where (Earth or another planet entirely) they are. And this carries over to the ending, where what exactly has happened is largely left to the viewer's interpretation. Either the Wolves have recreated the world, and Darcia's eye has caused a similar corruption to the very thing that destroyed the previous world, or they're in Paradise in the biblical sense (backed up with a shot of Toboe in his vision of Paradise just before he dies), where each of them is in the world they desired. But like Paradise itself, the series and its ending is left entirely open for interpretation.

Do you see the WR's OVA? It's true ending ^____^

OVA? That's news... Anyways, this is what I got from it...

Everyone dies in the end because that would supposedly be paradise, a sort of peace in death. But I think that is a false paradise, the one that would have been opened by the Darcia. When the real paradise was opened, everything was reborn. The wolves gained their equality with humans by becoming human. This would explain the last seen.

But I digress, what happened in the OVA?

Quote by UltimasBladeOVA? That's news... Anyways, this is what I got from it...

Everyone dies in the end because that would supposedly be paradise, a sort of peace in death. But I think that is a false paradise, the one that would have been opened by the Darcia. When the real paradise was opened, everything was reborn. The wolves gained their equality with humans by becoming human. This would explain the last seen.

But I digress, what happened in the OVA?

Well, that's kinda what happened in the OVA... I mean, from what I know, episodes 27, 28, 29 and 30 are OVAs, right? I'm confused... Anyway, I like the idea that 'paradise' actually meant that the wolves became human and were able to live happily ever after. That would also explain why Kiba is running in the end - because if I remember right, he was proud of being a wolf, and now, becoming a human, he would search for a way to turn back to who he originally was and he would still be looking for Cheza, who should have been reborn in the new world also. (I'm not making much sense, am I? :sweat:)

Thats pretty good thats what i figured happend but about this ova this is it 27-30 or are there more episode after 30, i checked to see if i could find any info on the ova, i did find some info on it at
http://www.animeacademy.com/finalrevdisplay.php?id=151 and also at discountanimedvd.com for sale 10 buck
http://www.discountanimedvd.com/dvd_detail.asp?dvdno=8550
ording it now.

The strong will do what they can the weak will suffer what they must

i hate the end, believe me. the death of all is the most stupid part of the anime. why can't they have a normal end. i know i like not happy ending but this is to sad. i almost cried at the end! i loved all the other episodes, but since they started to die, i was very irritated and angry. okay, the end is something like pure death. they all die and reach to a place that should be paradise but i'm not so sure...paradise it had to be a place were everyone was happy, but i don't think dying makes you happy

I didn't really understand the ending but someone on Anime Insider asked if there was to be a second season and they replied that Kiba reset the world and everything starts over. Hige, Toboe and Tsume are all alive again, living their separate lives. The idea is that the entire series starts over again and it's all a big loop.

The ending brings up the theory that the world repeats itself. There are clues of this that Cheza and Kiba know this to be true. At the ending, Cheza says the world will be frozen again, so we have to be separate again - her and Kiba. Then she says when the paradise is made in the next world, we will meet each other again.

In the starting and throughout the episodes, Kiba is drawn to her by an intuitive force that echoes though their past lives and past worlds. Intuition - when you know and feel something to be true. She says we will meet each other again - that why he's always running to her - he just wants to be with her soo badly.

In the middle of the story where Darcia's ship is shot down by Jagura's army, Kiba has the notion [intuition] to run towards Cheza as she’s falling from the sky.

When they become face to face with each other for the first time [again] is the pinnacle point of [there] them being together. [As if they don’t know each other], they embrace each other as by saying we have the privilege to be with each other [in peace] in this very short moment in time. He finds her [again]. To Kiba, she answers the riddle of his existence [answers the life’s purpose].

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.