Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 That four letter word is overused? - Minitokyo

That four letter word is overused?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

L.O.V.E

As a girl in my late teens, I have never used this word once in my life, save for parents. Even in my past 'relationships' I have never used it. So it bugs me that I find it used nowadays so readily and lightly by youths, such that the true meaning of the word has sortof diminished.

Have you ever used this word? And what do you think about its usage?

Nope I have never used it myself either.
I believe L.O.V.E can be subititue to someone
by showing affection, care, and other ways of expressing it.
e.g. A guy cooks up breakfast and bring it to his GF.
(Breakfast in Bed) :)

Edit: I have only to this one special person. :)

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

besides family i have only ever used the term "love" to my ex-bf, who i really cared about. i do agree that it is thrown about waaay too lightly by today's youth that it seems like it's lost all meaning. but it's not just among youth... it's just in general! i've got a friend (he's 21) and he's been dating his gf for a month... a month! and they're already saying the "i love you"s!

Signature Image

noire-kitsu

noire-kitsu

Craziness in a jar

...Yeah, it's way, way overused. But the English language is stupid like that. In spanish there's a different word depending on what kind of love you mean, so that people don't get confused as to your intentions.

Blood is thicker than water, but mud is thicker than blood.

(And yes, that has nothing to do with anything. :D)

I've never used the word love, probably never will

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

aside from my usual phrase:" get your love already"
i say yeah, i overused it a bit since i "love" evrything.

To seriously put it, i have only used it for family. mothers day especially.
but for personal relationships, nope. I say, i really like you, you know maybe we could just give it a try or soemthing...

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

Quote by noire-kitsu...Yeah, it's way, way overused. But the English language is stupid like that. In spanish there's a different word depending on what kind of love you mean, so that people don't get confused as to your intentions.

Hey that's cool.

Instead of saying 'i love you' to my girlfriend, i usually say stuff like "hey, guess who's got a major crush on you?" or "you don't mind if I think of you instead of paying attention in class today, do you?". It gets the idea across without overusing the big word ^_^

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

Love is overused and misused. To me, the only kind of love that is seemingly the only type of love that exists is love of family. It can only be used for others if you're willing to die for them. Live for them. And kill for them. And not just being able to say it, they must be true to their word.--------- Like this chainletter I read once ( I hate them but this one was interesting), this girl was sick and had cancer. Boy didn't know and before she died he told her he would take a bullet for her. When the girl died of cancer and the boy found out by his friend, he shot himself with his dad's gun.--------

But anyhow, to the point. Yes, I think Love is a overused word. People don't know how to speak their own language is all.

PAche

PAche

hoarder

i have never used love before, once i got over my young age of saying i love everyone.

it is not overused, simply underrated.in such an open communitee, people forget the entirety of the word love and so, use it without thinking.it become confused with "crush" and nowadays, love can easily mean "i have a crush on you"

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

I never used it before, no wait i did, but it wasn't exactly directed at the person but more on a body part. I'll stop there, they're maybe some youngings around. I would have to agree with you partly, some people really abuse that word. Fortunately, the girls wise up and are no longer flattered by their so called devotion. But thanks to guys like me, who don't even want to talk about it, it can still have one hell of impact if the right person says it.

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

lol..by looking at your title I thought it was fuc*
nope..didn't overuse it.. but now ppl seemed to take it for granted and just fling the word around but they didn't mean it

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

i dont really know, i dont use it that much really. im more "actions are louder than words" person. seen people misuse it, especially in relationships...

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

Azureluck

Azureluck

Baka Lime!

well, it really depends what you use the word "Love" for. Love doen'st always mean girl and guy having their hearts together. Love can also mean kindness not just to a partner, but for everyone. Including yourself and other materialistic things.

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

I use it with close family, about 4 friends, and my boyfriend whom I have been dating for 2 years.

merged: 12-07-2005 ~ 11:29am
I hate when people see someone from afar, and because they are attracted to them, they tell everyone, even themself, that they love them. (like maybe a celebrity)
Love is WAY more than thinking they're "hot", kissing, or saying sweet things.
You'll know you love someone when you don't even THINK of anyone else romantically other than that person. When you find yourself prioritizing around them, and when you are low and the one person you want around is that person.
Then MAYBE you're getting somewhere.

i only say love to the person who really means alot to me in my life. and i saw it when i'm really secure with her and that is how i feel at the time!

I tell my friends and family I love them, but it's in a certain style that I say it. I think the problem is more that a lot of people will say they love someone and not really mean it, because they have yet to learn how to take love seriously.

I have only once told a guy I loved him to his face, out loud, and I really did mean it with all my heart.

And I still do love him just as much as the day I first said it. :)

That is so very true, it is overused. I've never said I loved someone, as in love with them. I don't even take it seriously if someone says it to me, because everyone says it to everyone si that it means nothing to me.

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

I use the word love when I tell my friends and family that I love them. I really do mean it, when i tell them that I love 'em.

I am very careful about using that phrase in a intimate relationship because it is like I'm commiting myself to this relationship if I say the word "love." I want to be very sure that I actually love this person and when I say it, I mean it.

I agree with you, kids nowadays, use the word "love" in the spur of the moment. It's irritating... because when someone tell me that they love me, I have a hard time believing it!

OX

woundeds0ul

woundeds0ul

strawberries~ XD yuuuuummmmm~~~

*nods* i think the word 'love' and its true meaning is being abused...its a really strong word...and I dont even plan to use it until i meet someone i want to marry...

the word 'love' is used so lightly nowadays...its practically used as the word 'like'... T_T T_T its kinda sad to see the true and powerful meaning of the word 'love' being reduced...its such a lovely word... :nya:

Signature

waaahh~!!! its a return~~!!! woundie ish back minna~~!! >.<
did you miss me..??? ^-^

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

i came in here thinking about the word "FUCK" ~ surprised me ;p

tons and tons of people use it in every other sentence, at least in the past i knew tons and tons that used it...

who cares if a word is abused, live and learn ~_^

-repeat-

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.