Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How much do you trust online people? - Minitokyo

How much do you trust online people?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

I think im very wary of the fact that there are some weird people out there, having a few encounters myself. So when it comes to internet relationships, I don't think I could trust them unless I knew them through a friend or something..

Would you trust them enough to give them your number and address?

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

sure, provided a credit card number, expiration date, and social sec. number XD~ ill give em anything they want o_O

seriously most people are nice, just confused, or that small few, crazy... ;P

-repeat-

not so sure about that ! i think i have d same worry as u r ! still i will ask them y they want my phone number as they could have a online chat ! n y they want my add as they could have my e-mail add ! u already have a internate access ! so make good use of it !

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

If i get to really know the person maybe but most of the time no.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

If you really know them and trust them, but a email address or msn would be better first

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

I have had a similar thread a long time ago:
http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/33334/will-trust-online-friends/

I trust them as much as they trust me.

I dont' trust online friend. Because in internet have many people so you can't know who are them and what they want. Especilly in online game, many kids can do anything to get your money and item such as cheating hacking cunning etc.

It will have to be case-by-case but I feel online friends can be trusted. It just depends on what kind of contact you have had on internet and then if this was on MT then what kind of thread this person created and what forum answer he/she gave. You kind of get the picture of the person's character from that.

If this person does not meet your standard than he/she is not a friend but more of an acquaintance.

Doesn't really matter if I trust them or not. It just... IS (now there's some deep mumbo jumbo for you - I think therefore I am)... Anyways. It's the really nice people I'm wary of. They just try too hard. I can trust online people, but there are some lines I will never cross. :) Besides, I can't really make judgements on others. Lol, its not like I'm not a wierdo myself. But be wary of who you trust! Take this story for example:

There was this man and woman who meet online, and after talking to eachother for 2 years they fell in love. Of course it would end up that they'd want to meet each other face to face, so they planned to meet at a hotel. The man arrived there first and the woman got to the hotel and got the keys from one of the employees. When she entered the designated room the lights were turned off to surprise her. When she did turned on the lights, the man cried, "Stacy, what are you doing here?" and the woman went, "DAD?!" :D :D :D :D

lol

True story ppl. True story. Names have been changed to protect the people... or it could be just due to my really bad memory.

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

I guess you could say I trust everyone on the net because I think of them as figments of my imagination to bend to my will! To quote family guy "Dance puppets! DANCE!" but no I don't trust anyone on the net except for Cy but thats because I can go over to his house and bug him there.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

Quote by DistortionI guess you could say I trust everyone on the net because I think of them as figments of my imagination to bend to my will! To quote family guy "Dance puppets! DANCE!" but no I don't trust anyone on the net except for Cy but thats because I can go over to his house and bug him there.

Yeah, we're all just imaginary friends. :P

everfall

everfall

Everything Is Eventual

Like what Shoku said, I trust them as much as they trust me.
There are online friends I have that I'd be willing to tell anything to , my passwords, my address, number, etc. But this is only when I know them well enough, and when I think they've earned my trust.

[New Layout] << www.Ever-Falling.net >> Anime Graphic Resource Site

To tell you the truth. Trust is word, I don't trust. In other words, no. It dose not mean I don't want to become friend with everyone here. They things I rather not share and do because you never know what going to happen here or out of MT.

I hope I don't sound weird or confuse anyone.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

i dont realli noe how to answer the question but i myself have quite a number of online friends.. ijuz gave them my email..tts all..=\ but if they start acting up abit weird or somethin..basically juz delete them..><"
but i shudnt give personal stuff..etc..=\
its up to u..^^
but some are nice..^^

For me, online friendships are just like those in the outside world. You still have to show the same amount of caution when you deal with someone online as you do out of the net, and with all things it takes time for people to truly trust one another. I agree with people here, saying that they have email address and internet access is enough. If in the future you decide to take your friendship to a more close nature, then that is up to you entirely. Just be sure you know the person, you keep your wits about you (there are the misguided out there in the internet you know, or crazies as some like to say lol XD) and have fun. There are some really nice people out there in the world!

Take care people! :)
Oni

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

I'm always skeptical of people online at first, however I act like I'm believing them. From then, I subtly gain their trust and they get gain my trust, until eventually ages are exchanged, genders (it seems like no one knows mine.... XD) are known, then names, and eventually living areas. I've given out my address to someone who bought me Japanese candy for Christmas (thanks again, Jomunga!), and I bought someone else a Christmas present because they trusted me enough to give me their address. So, just be careful and selective of who you talk to and how much you talk to them ^_^

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Nope. I learn from the mistakes of people I know. Doesn't mean that I don't have fun talking to them, but I'm still not giving anyone any personal information.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

i don't.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

Only if Iam close to the person I don't trust them too much

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

nasastar

nasastar

it's asking for a miracle

hell no.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

No, I would never give someone I met online my address or number. I've learned my mistake and it won't be repeated.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

As long as there is a computer and distance between us I trust people without question and even if some predator were to track me down I can kick ass like no one else in the world so there would be no fear on my part. The truth of the matter is the worst thing in the world anyone can do is really piss me off so far everyone knows this without me having to tell them, which makes me happy after all I would rather work my influence for good instead of evil.

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by venicequeenI think im very wary of the fact that there are some weird people out there, having a few encounters myself. So when it comes to internet relationships, I don't think I could trust them unless I knew them through a friend or something..

Would you trust them enough to give them your number and address?

That's exactly the kind of point that I would like to draw here. I can only really trust a person well enough if I had only met them in person before, or if they are really good friends of mine; nobody else, no matter how hard they tried. **Shrugs** That's just me.

Of course, there's also a certain "special" trust I build with strangers I meet as well, but not to the point where I would hand them any of my personal information. I would never send anything private to them, no matter how long I have known them for, or when they do consider asking for my information, themselves, after a while. I wouldn't even want to meet them in person had I had the chance to, unless I really get to know them very well over time. Out of the entire time I had MSN, I probably only knew a handful of people well enough to "trust" them in confidentiality. It really depends on the person and the way you observe their reactions and thoughts, of course.

On another side note, speaking of online people - there are far too many weird individuals out there in the world who I can't even believe actually exist on the face of this planet, and how they still actually adapt to today's society in real life goes even beyond my imagination. I agree with you there - that's why I never join public chat rooms in general. Truly, enough is enough.

That is why I only chat to people I have previously encountered before on a forum, for example, and only add people who shares interests with me as well over there, not the other way around. It really makes things a whole lot easier for me when developing good friends of mine, and most of the friends that I make in the decent forums usually turned out to be the nicest people on my list. Had I met a stalker in general anyways, I would have easily dropped them out and blocked them entirely in an instant. I can read people on IM quite easily like a book, which is part of the reason why I can simply distinguish who are "good" and who are "bad" over a matter of time. That's just how strict I am when talking towards these sort of people, unless I know them too well, of course.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

I'll have to know them first before I trust them...

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.