Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mushishi - of the absolute wierdnesses - Minitokyo

Mushishi - of the absolute wierdnesses

page 1 of 1 10 total items

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I really like this show. It is just full of contradictions and wierdnesses. I just wonder where they are going with the main character's development. The whole show seems to be an exploration of human nature and the ability of the human psyche to create. I can tell the show will continue in the slice of life style, but I wonder if the main character has an actual goal which will be revealed over time. What are your thoughts on the matter?

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

It is indeed true that the new MUSHISHI series is extremely odd and mysterious but I believe it might turn out to be a masterpiece. I absolutely love it and even if I was completely stunned in the begining, thinking: "Wow! Why didn't I come up with ideas such as these? How come I never thought that such creatures could be created? Damn! I wish I were a genius such as these people prove to be!" now I am completely absorbed by this anime creation and I can't wait to see in each episode what fantastic and amazing events and creatures might be born....^_^

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

How about a link? I've never heard of this previously?

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Per your request, link to description:

Mushishi

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

Oh cool, a live action one too!?

merged: 12-05-2005 ~ 06:49am
I can't find anything good describing the series. They all kind of have the defacto summary, but they don't get into specifics?

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I'm not thinking it will adapt well to live action unless they have a big budget, but who knows. I also don't really think it fits in the horror genre. It is just not scary. What it is is a beatifully excuted exploration of how humans see and affect their world.

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

live action see

I did find this show strange, but I like this. It is pretty tragic at times... if there's going to be a live action, I wouldn't mind watching it! :)

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

That nails it! If it's tragic, I've got to find a copy to see. Anything hopelessly tragic, I love.

What I like best about Mushishi is that the endings for each episode range from melancholy to bittersweet to uplifting. It doens't fall into the trap of having either predictably happy or sad endings.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.