Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 about crossplay... - Minitokyo

about crossplay...

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 120 total items

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by shinsengumiIn general, I really cannot approve of the guys dressing up as girls aspect of what julian1 has so cleverly termed "crossplay" because the practice is as a whole disturbing. That the cosplayer that Devildude has so generously provided pictures for is male is, in a word, disturbing. However, as any of us who have ever gone to cosplay conventions can attest to, few males cosplaying females do so nearly a convincing job at portrying females, and in those instances.

Case in point: the infmaous ManFaye.

Here, I don't think that "disturbing" cuts it. I would use something along the lines of "oh geez, I need to go claw my eyes out now."

ah, but you do not understand, some dress up as a means to create Satire.
for example, ManFaye was a satiritical dress up to poke fun at the series, but the other, Squall Kun was a serious sex-changer wannabe who refuses to go the whole range and prefers to be in between, but for him, he is a professional model, that said, some people regard that as work. Just like this person.

Disturbing yet, in a sense acceptable. Many a times it is meant to be fun and jokes and satire, but of course, you cannot say the same for some others who regard it as a means of profession.

I say some of these people are generally very talented.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

i guess crossplay was never disturbing, but it's the people who cannot play the character suitable for themselves.

Signature

i guess its just ok for sometimes, but daily activity? no way

merged: 03-09-2006 ~ 06:32pm
i guess its just ok for sometimes, but daily activity? no way

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

huh? we're talking about CROSSPLAY here, not just COSPLAY. and people don't cosplay everyday you know.

Signature

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Oh dear god, shin brought up the manfaye again. *shudders*

I must agree with shinsengumi. I find "crossplaying" quite disturbing. My biggest encounter was when my friend, a L'arc fangirl, showed me pictures of hyde in a dress, of tetsu in stockings and garters, and then another pic of Toshiya from dir en grey in fishnets.

Needless to say, I was quite disturbed. To be perfectly honest, because I didn't know Toshiya because I do not listen to dir, I actually could not tell that it was a man. And my friend actually made a funnier comment about how distressed she was that these people look hotter than she is. >_>

I simply think that such crossdressing really is really disturbing. We do not live in Ancient Greece where men play women in the Thebian plays. To wear such revealing clothing and actually look like women really sends chills up my spine. *shudders again.*

Just my opinion. I did not intend to lecture anyone whose preferences lie in this direction. It's just I am so disturbed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

it is prolly less worse than men wearing lingerie...I mean it...I saw those before...disgusting.....

Signature Image

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

yeah, imagine a group of guys in their 30s coplaying as SHUFFLE characters *shivers*

Signature

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I think it's out and out hillarious. I've thought about cosplaying before, but the problem is that all of my favorite characters are females. But unlike those who do crossplay, I do have a oh so small degree of dignity, enough to keep me from doning the pink wig and dress all the while toting a haro in hand. But hell, if someone else gets their jollies off of dressing like the opposite sex, I'll cheer em on. God speed you freakish bastard you.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

but then again, it's a matter of suitablity. if the character was suitable to you physically, then go for it. lousy cosplayers go for characters opposite of their physiques and at the worst times, the opposite sex (doesn't apply for girls though).

for example, one fat man would try to dress up as kagome (inuyasha) when they would have done well when dressing as E Honda (street fighter).

Signature

SpottedCat

Sub-zero

Thats a guy?! What a nutcase. He should use his looks to get the ladies, not wear a pink wig carrying a stuff animal. I'd tell him that if I ever saw the guy.

Your stupid.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

the fact is, he is the most popular guy since your hollywood superstars, girls love him cause he dresses like a female.

Signature Image

are the images of the man cosplaying as a girl edited? As in whiter skin and stuff.

Seeing so many cosplay pics, girls can crossplay and cosplay better than guys can 98% of the time.

I've seen men that look like women before, so that probably wasn't an edited pic.
They don't really disturb me. (it takes a lot to disturb me, other than the eyeball gouging talent.)

Well... I don't really know many cosplayers, but PikminLink dresses as a guy. (everyone I know is convinced she's a guy, but no...)
Her site: PikminLink.com

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

dMp

dMp

^___________^

i think it's a bit ridiculous for guys to cosplay as female characters. for one it's disgusting if the guy was ugly looking or hairy as someone mentioned above lol. and two, i'd think i'll laugh so hard if this ever happens; a guy cosplaying as a female character so well, it's unnoticeable. horny guys out of nowhere gropes him later huhahaha.

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

pikminlink did a great job as a crossplayer, cos' she looks like a guy(?), but most girls never had problems dressing up as guys, cos' anime guys mostly had a feminine look, or just plain bishie. it's just harder for guys to play girls anyway.

Signature

yoshi-mist

yoshi-mist

The Shadow Fox

Hey Devil Dude... that guy in the pink was hot!

but for u guys heres a girl as a guy cossplay

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8583/2731wk.th.jpg

i think she is trying to look like kakashi from naruto

i belive if guys can pull it off then its ok but if there not even going to try then wuts the point?

I'll protect you no matter what

Signature

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

not kakashi me thinks. Definately a ninja (probably ANBU member) from Naruto. There's a lot of great girl cosplayers who crossplay male Naruto characters.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Quote by KidderThere's a lot of great girl cosplayers who crossplay male Naruto characters.

Hmm.. Yeah... But I've been to a few conventions these past few months, and I think there's a bit of a trend in female cosplayers these days. They cosplay as the Sexy no Jutsu uhm... type of male Naruto chars... Weird I think... I've seen a girl version of Shikamaru, Kiba, Kakashi.. Even Lee and Chouji in a skirt...

And as for the topic, I neither like nor dislike crossplaying. If it suits your face or body type, it's okay to crossplay. But if your looks are way different from the original characters, don't even attempt to cosplay that character. All you'll get are laughs and even mocking stares, even if you just did it for a joke.

And please... to the guys who'll still crossplay, please shave your legs and face. It's disgusting to see men in skirts with body hair... and facial hair... -shudders-

Or at least wear stockings...!

Nyaa.. I've said too much... :sweat:

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

LoL...crossplay is FUNNY... XP

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

::dies a little::
that guy is too cute T_T

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

Quote by shinsengumiIn general, I really cannot approve of the guys dressing up as girls aspect of what julian1 has so cleverly termed "crossplay" because the practice is as a whole disturbing. That the cosplayer that Devildude has so generously provided pictures for is male is, in a word, disturbing. However, as any of us who have ever gone to cosplay conventions can attest to, few males cosplaying females do so nearly a convincing job at portrying females, and in those instances.

Case in point: the infmaous ManFaye.

Here, I don't think that "disturbing" cuts it. I would use something along the lines of "oh geez, I need to go claw my eyes out now."

kiddo, "oh geez, I need to go claw my eyes out now." doesn't even begin to explain it.

put it this way, 04 Anime Expo the line for tickets took four hours, but that's nothing. what really sucked was that Man-Faye was in the line next to mine, like right in the same spot in the line as me and my friends were. so yea, four hours of ManFaye right up in your face as well as some idiot females who busted out those wooden swords and started swinging at his "exposed" part, not cool. not cool at all, in any way, shape, or form.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by SilentKnight

kiddo, "oh geez, I need to go claw my eyes out now." doesn't even begin to explain it.

put it this way, 04 Anime Expo the line for tickets took four hours, but that's nothing. what really sucked was that Man-Faye was in the line next to mine, like right in the same spot in the line as me and my friends were. so yea, four hours of ManFaye right up in your face as well as some idiot females who busted out those wooden swords and started swinging at his "exposed" part, not cool. not cool at all, in any way, shape, or form.

you should have asked for his autograph...definitely a museum piece

Signature Image

This thread is funny and disturbing. Good job. If people want to "crossplay" that's fine with me. ManFaye scared me more than normal Faye. I'm probably going to have nightmares now. -____-

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

Quote by SilentKnight

wow, you actually seen the manfaye and lived to tell the tale?

Signature

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 120 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.