Atelier Marie

page 1 of 1 3 total items

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

Cancel

I found in the Net some images about a game that is called Atelier Marie (is not the same that Atelier Iris).
So, please, can someone tell me something about this game?
Thank you very much.

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Cancel

I thought you spelt it wrongly............. I never knew of a Marie... ^^

This is an exact cut and paste from an article.

Marie no Atelier (or Atelier Marie) is a game for Sony's Playstation released by the japanese company GUST in 1998. It was highly successful in Japan, at times even reaching #3 in the Top 10 of the best sold games (just behind FF VII and some Beat'em Up whose name I forgot).

The game, as far as I understood it, centers on Marlone (called Marie), an alchemist-in-training in the town of Salburg (the whole gamesetting has a decidedly 'Medieval Ages in Germany'-flavor). With her teacher Ingrid gone, Marie has five years, not only to get accepted into the mighty Academy, but also to cater to all the alchemistic needs of the town. People ask you for help of all kinds, and Marie has to get ingredients and recipes for various alchemistic mixtures. Aside from that, there's a lot of personal interaction, as the various other characters in the game follow their own agendas, sometimes to help Marie, sometimes to tease her, or even to get her out of the way.

The game plays like some fairytale from the Medieval ages (just haven't found the Knight-in-shining-armor yet), being definitely an RPG, with no action sequences whatsoever. The design is really well done, using conventional isometric 3D and chibi-versions of the characters for moving around in houses, towns and for combat scenes, if talking to a character you get a partially animated full screen picture and *lots* of speech output (which is, thanks to the seiyuu, exceedingly cute, for example, if Marie asks you what you wish to do in the Game Setup Menu...).

This could be one great game to play, if only it wouldn't use such complicated Japanese (an English version is rather unlikely).

Signature

• Dec 08, 2005

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

Cancel

Atelier series are well known in Japan. Atelier Iris is the first to be released outside Japan, and the 6th on the serie.

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.