Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does heaven and hell actually exist? - Minitokyo

Does heaven and hell actually exist?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

Although I believe in the after life. I just want to ask you people. Do you think that heaven and hell actually exist? I mean, if we die, do we go to another realm where we may enjoy eternity with happiness or burn for eternity. Or do we simply just fade away in existence? The mere thought of fading kinda creeps me out though. So what do you think?

were just living carbon being that would like to think we are eternal and that we were created in a gods image. However there is no god, and there is no heaven or hell. That is all just things created by society.

after watching exorcism of emily rose.... hm yeah i think it does....

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

No, heaven and hell do not actually exist. Once you're dead, you fade into oblivion.

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

I love my friends answer, hell doesn't but heaven does because at some point an advanced race decided to create one to see if they could. They would capture our consciences right before we die and put it into a very peasent atmosphere (heaven).

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

XTeK

XTeK

Child of the Violent Wind

The correct answer is noone knows.... Find me someone who has died and comeback because only they would know.

Darktekya

Darktekya

Anime Lover

This is a very complex question for many people, but with a simple answer. For mostly people that are running away from a question like this is very easy to say they do not. In this part of the world where we live under the influence of a judeo-christian, you will find that many people well tell you yes, but based on what?

A true christian base this answer on the Bible. The Bible describes a place of neverending torment and also a place of everlasting joy and peace.

Afther death, there will be and end. A division between those who have known the Lord and served Him, and those who have rejected God's love and refuse to serve Him will be made. The ones who have lived for God will be ushered into an eternal paradise. The other group will be condemned to an everlasting setting that is so horrible that not even the greatest fiction writers can describe it.

Jesus described hell as a place of outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Clearly, Jesus was aware of the awfulness of hell.

About heaven, the Book of Revelation says that not also exist, but has streets of gold that are like clear crystal. It needs no light because the light of God is in it. It has a river flowing from the throne of God, with trees growing on either side of it that are for the healing of the nations.

The Bible also says that on this city "There shall no longer be any death; and there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away. And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold I am making all things new".

Jesus believed in heaven, and He encouraged His disciples to look forward to their eternal home.

I do not believe in heaven or hell because of deathbed confessions or "life after life" reports from people who claim to have "died" while on the hospital operating table. I believe haven and hell exist, because Jesus Christ said so.

There are other explanations, from many other points of view of religions, but are hopeless, not rational or just fairy tales...

Can sin be forgiven? Cloud Strife

for me it is nonesense that was created in the past from the "..." to control the people and make them doing that the "Priest" is telling them.
After the death were will be nothing, for me it is logic and real.

well i've heard from people that there is hell and its called cleveland, dunno why i haven't been there XD

there is hell n heaven..believe me, I've seen it..can't tell more in detail <.<

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

Well, I would like to ask those who don't believe in life after death: why are you living? What is the point of living today if you will be snuffed out of existance tomorrow? For me, heaven and hell make sense. Good and evil. These two forces are just as evident as the wind.

Even if religion is just an ideal created by mankind it still had a positive effect on society, no? Take a look at the principles of Christianity. "Love your neighbor as yourself." Surely it's not a negative thing to abide by this. The way I see it, it's a win-win situation: Live your life for the Lord and you will be granted eternal life with him. If there isn't life after death, it's not like it was a waste of time doing so. But for me, I have seen and heard enough evidence in the world that the Holy Trinity does exist. My whole life is just a reinforcement of my faith.

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

What exactly would dying accomplish? I live for the sake of living and improving, I don't need the illusion of life after death to continue living; I accept my own mortality. Good and evil are matters of perspective and do not exist as absolutes.

You forgot the intolerance, violence, and weakness religion also creates. I'd rather define my own morals than be limited by any religion's close-minded morality.

Quote by ShamshielYou forgot the intolerance, violence, and weakness religion also creates. I'd rather define my own morals than be limited by any religion's close-minded morality.

Religion does not create this. That's human nature itself; it's the sin in each of us. There is intolerance, violence, and weakness just as much outside of religion (if not more). I don't see why people think religion as if being chained to a chair and forced to watch some movie over and over. You have the free will to believe and the free will to not believe.

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

Quote by blueink

Quote by ShamshielYou forgot the intolerance, violence, and weakness religion also creates. I'd rather define my own morals than be limited by any religion's close-minded morality.

Religion does not create this. That's human nature itself; it's the sin in each of us. There is intolerance, violence, and weakness just as much outside of religion (if not more). I don't see why people think religion as if being chained to a chair and forced to watch some movie over and over. You have the free will to believe and the free will to not believe.

Ya I agree with him. Religion isn't something that should stop us from using our freedom. Thats because we were given a choice to believe or not!

Quote by Milkiyothere is hell n heaven..believe me, I've seen it..can't tell more in detail <.<

really? which one did u see? hell or heaven? or both?
i do believe that they exist..

it's rock lee in my avy, if you don't recognise him! ^u^v

Lentot

AngelFace

Yes! there is. actually the state or the feeling of person tells him if he is in heaven or hell. if he feels at peace. they i can he feels like heaven. or when he feels like going down or he feels like rumor. maybe that hell. i hope i said it enough... ehehe. well this is just my opinion.

merged: 12-15-2005 ~ 05:58pm
even when your alive, you can still feel and see heaven and hell. look at the world today. do you think it is still a better place to live. sometimes yes and not.

shinorei

shinorei

Noob Queen.

You don't need to ask us this. Once you're dead, you get to find out for yourself. Isn't that fun? Something to anticipate after death.

Signature

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

Quote by shinoreiYou don't need to ask us this. Once you're dead, you get to find out for yourself. Isn't that fun? Something to anticipate after death.

Ok so what if there is nothing to anticipatE!?! The thought of fading away like a flower that's forgotten after it died creeps me out.

jaam0927

Live with honor, die with glory.

I was raised catholic and this religion says that heaven and hell exist, so they puy that in my mind.. -_- .... but what if there is not, so just incase therre is not... I prefer to have fun while Im still here :D...

religions allways tell us about brotherhood and healthyness and freedom and treat others well and so on.
but when i look at non-believers(as myself) are they really less behaved? Non-believer are often scientists, educated, inteligent, agains war, for peace and respect other peoples believes even of they are lies in their opinion.
But now looking at religion, they rob peoples of (priests in the midage), start wars (wars for the sake of believes, even today), kill and hate others and so on..., while talking big about peace...
somehow confusing

the image of heaven and hell was created because:
1) people are afraid of death
2) the preist needed tool to make money and get political power and soziolize people.

and there there are acctually people coming back from death.
its not yet found out why there are some people who wake up after being clinic dead for like 1 week. most of them die again few month later some live on. and im sure priest allready have numerous fake theories why those people dont recall going to heaven or hell or god or anywhere.
And yes. those people were acctually death like any other dead person.

DarkChronos

DarkChronos

The Wicked One This Way Comes

Heaven is this world, Hell is this world too. Everything depends on your life situation. Death is the end of this life and the transition to the next one.

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

:nya: anyways, Hell and Heaven do exist! but in every rule there is an exemption :hmpf: it really doesnt mean that dead people have an option of having adventures and scourges in heaven or in hell.

note that according to the reliable source the bible which is the word of God there are only few numbers of people(without blood and flesh)that will inherit the heavens.do ya wanna know if how many are they?according to revelation 14:1 "there will be only 144000. And the others of course will inherit the earth which will be the home of the righteous ones!the earth will not be like what we do experience right now, because according to the Bible the earth will become a paradise, a beautiful paradise!
and what is hell anyway?according to the bible,hell in greek language is hades and sheol for hebrew which actually means graveyard..PLAIN GRAVEYARD! where of course we are to be put when we die. we should not fear hell or even death why?

if you wanna know why just ask me and ill give you your reply>>also for bible reflections!

"Do not become wise in your own eyes"

im not that religious and dont know that much about the bible, but what i know is that the bible was written by normal humans and is merly a interpretation of some other work.
when we look at historical source material we allways have to do so critically. thats a fact because the people who write those historical texts are from a certain country and time. They tend to overexegarate and simply lie to put things how they want them to be. So we cant take historical texts as the total truth, but more as a refelection that has to be compared with other works and put into context of the time it was written.
So now im wondering why it should be any different with the bible...
why should everything written there be the total truth?
becuase religious people want it to be the truth? because its "holy"?
In the bible god was present and talking to people and moses was seperating the sea. How come things like that doesnt happen today?
Because they are mostly just lies. maybe some kind of true core but how much is acctually true and factual about the bible, we cant say for certain.
Its just when theres written god heaven and hell exist in the bible, it cant be taken as a total fact and therefor true...

i'm not really into all that super religious "god is everywhere and all mighty" kinda thing.
I DO believe in reincarnation, and that when you have dona all you can on this earth you will maybe go somewhere greater, i.e heaven.
I just don't believe in the concept of the whole "standing judgment before the pearly gates" or whatever it is.
My main opinion though is that people need to believe in a higher power.
If there is a hell though, I think it Earth, the spirits trapped here are trapped in hell. But they can move on.

merged: 12-22-2005 ~ 07:11pm
Mephisto2k -- its not yet found out why there are some people who wake up after being clinic dead for like 1 week

yeah that happened to my dad when he was down in the Anarctic.
He was clinically dead for 3 days and woke up in the morgue after an accident in the ice. Scared the shight outa the lady that was working at the time, but he remembers something that happened while he was pronounced dead.
He told the church elders years and years later what happened, but they didn't believe him or anything.
I don't know, maybe he was just frozen and coma-dreaming, or maybe he did have an other-worldy experience.

Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.