Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do we really feel with our hearts? - Minitokyo

Do we really feel with our hearts?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

I dont know why this subject just came up to my mind, but it really made me think about love, hate, many other feelings and
body parts.

In high school, one of my main subjects is Anatomy. therefore,I study every part of the human body, and I was wondering: Can
our heart really have feelings towards people or things?

According to the diccionary, the heart is the main organ of the blood circulation, located in cavity of the breast, in the
middle or at the left of the middle line in the human body.
The heart is one of the two most important organs of our body. It keeps us alive but, I'm not sure if one of its funtions is
to have feelings.

Do you really think that an organ which main funtion is to transport oxygened blood to all our body can have any kind of
feelings?
Every time that we say 'I love you' or 'I hate you', do we really do it we our heart? Don't you think it can be our mind
that is doing all this?

One other important organ of our body, and maybe the most astonishing, is the brain. Perfectly capable of to
control all our human being.
As the brain is so powerfull to make us understand readings, resolve mathematic poblems, create thoughts (imagination) and
in very special cases telepathy, why not could the braim create feelings?

Every time we are going to tell someone about our feelings, we always think about them first. We think if what we really
is real and then we try to convinse ourselves of what we want to feel. And if what we think is a 'pure feeling' we relate it
to our heart.

The most famous tragic love story, Romeo and Juliet, is a excellent example.

Romeo and juliet met each other in a party, and they inmediatelly 'fall in love'. The first thought that came up to Romeo's
mind was how gorgeous was Juliet. And they started thinking about each other since that very momment. What it made me think about
that was that got obsessed about each other. They even got to the point that they comited suicide.
Can be really such thing as suicide for love be a feeling from an organ that means life?

It happens almost the same, but at the same time different to people who loose their memory because of accidents. They forget
almost everything, and that everything includes the people they love. They don't remember such feeling towards their family
and friends. Then, they force themselves to think about everyone over and over again.
Family and friends feel sorry, worried and diseppointed about that and they start thinking about feelings and all.

My point is, can we really trust or brain for they way it controls our emotions, or can we give some credit to our heart?

Think about this and tell me,

Do you really love with your heart?

PD: For all the people who love with all their hearts, please! don't get mad at me!
It's just a different point of view! ^_^'

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

To me, the heart is just an organ, our strongest muscle. It's not capable of having feelings. To love someone with all your heart is just a figure of speech. Any type of phrase that involves the heart controlling our emotions is a figure of speech. Our emotions lies in our mind, our brain (and according to some in our soul but that's another topic).

Signature Image

ChosenEntity

ChosenEntity

One Who Is VERY Afraid Of Cows

Kinda depends. Scientificly (wow, I don't think I spelled that right... *runs off to get more coffee*), you heart reacts to your emotions due to the chemicals released by the body, and what happens depends on how your brain interprets each emotion. For example, emotions like fear, love, happiness and excitement usually cause the brain to tell the body to release adrenalin (wow, think I spelled that one wrong too), and "heart stopping" moments (say a sudden shock or eye contact with that special someone) cause the body to release... uh... crud, can't rember what it's called, but it's what counteracts adrenalin and causes the heart to slow, and in turn the body gives out adrenalin to speed it back up, which causes the breathless or lightheaded feeling. Both of these chemicals are related to the "fight or flight" instinct that all animals have, including people. So if something happens that your brain would consider exciting, it'll do one or the other and leave you feeling funny.

Anyways, the feelings of "love" and all that can be explained through science. It doesn't mean that feelings aren't connected with something we can't see, though. That just hasn't been proven yet.

Personally, I believe in the spirit and it's attachments to human emotion, so in a sense, I believe that we feel with both our heart and soul. Everything's just all interconnected.

...And if you got any of that, you deserve a cookie. I completely confused myself. And I'm pretty sure all that science stuff I just spit out is right, but I could be off a bit. After all, I learned it in my veterinary ROP class, and animals are a wee bit different than people. ^_^ *hands a cookie*

"If you don't want us cutting down trees, wipe your ass with a spotted owl."

"I don't have a problem with God, I just hate his stupid fan club."

do an experiment...break up with bf/gf>>>>
were does it hurt?>>>>>
in teh chest...whats there?>>>>>
the hearth...end of story, lol. science isnt my cuppa tea.

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

there should be only 2 times you should ever feel anything around your heart (other than its pulse)

heartburn and a heart-attack

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

Graverobber

Graverobber

Heart of Darkness

*is eating a cookie from ChosenEntity*

I understood everything you said.

As for feeling with our hearts, there's always a scientific explanation. But sometimes it's just better to ignore science and believe what you want to believe. In this case, I do believe that the heart can feel. It just sounds better to me that way than saying that my brain is telling my heart to feel something.

And as for the not-getting-mad-at-you-because-I-love-with-(...) comment, I'm not mad at all. I respect other people's opinions and beliefs, as long as they don't force them upon me. If they get forced on me, I get ugly XD

sherlain

sherlain

Original Pain &...

UhMM..... let me tell you that, i really think that we love with our brains not with our hearts, coz we..... i lose my idea.. oh... like u said before love is just a part of our body one of the main organs of our body just that ...Heart starts beating cause the brain reacts of a way which causes that the heart is accelerated, sorry I'm not sure if you can understand me but its something like that...

so ,for me ,i considered heart impossible to love
I try to make it the most understandable as possible if i hav a mistake sorry!

~_~ Take care

Silent death is near to you but u can't see it....
God loves us and he's gonna kill us now.

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

No I think it all happens in your head and that then has a response on your body functions. However, we say "heart" because it's just more poetic. Consider this problem.

Some one breaks your heart and that's painful.

But it sounds better than some one breaking your mind. That's doubly painful and in the poetry of English it means an altogether different thing. It would mean a destruction of the spirit or free will.

When you have a heart attack, you feel it in your left arm or over your chest. The heart itself seems insensate.

Ultimately though, I am my brain and I am my heart and I am every thing about me. So surely we are just delving into semantics

rsocg

rsocg

I think we feel with our heart cause our emotions affect our heart beat, and at the same time our heart beat affects our emotion, like a faster heart rate when we're nervous or a slower one when we're feeling sad. Other organs affect and are affected by our feelings too, but it is the heart where the emotions are most strongly felt.

If only life was like maple story.

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

I think what we feel is with our minds and not our hearts. Because the mind is what thinks and all the sensories (touch, see, hear, smell, and taste) are processed there. The heart is just an organ that beats in time with every second that we are living.

But if you want to get poetic, fine!

I have both a heart and a mind.
When I see someone potential:
- My heart and mind are not agreeing, that's sad... I have to tell this potential someone "NO."
- When both my heart and my mind agree, then it is a definite "YES!"

our hearts doesnt feel...our hands do ^-^

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

nope. not at all. brain does all that. i think tho, that certain emotions tighten your chest... also the heart is symbolic and important, so its an understandable misconception.

merged: 12-13-2005 ~ 10:17am
you caould also say "heart" that you feel with and "heart" that pumps blood are two different terms... heart can just refer to feelings of love, mercy, pity, sympathy, and all that stuff.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

Elsie

Elsie

Snow.Drops*

For me, I think that you feel with your brain. And your heart is just an organ. I think that your heart is just something that you say that feels. And it shows how important your heart is...that you feel from your heart.

*Love is like quicksand, the longer you stay in, the harder it is to get out.*
Signature
Thanks for the ava and sig, PAche!

rsocg

rsocg

The brain is an organ too, but it controls our feelings. IMO it is at the heart where we feel the feelings generated by the brain.

If only life was like maple story.

heart is just symbolic, iono why though. its kinda stupid to me. i an just as easily say "i hate you with all my liver"

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

I get what you mean.
To me when I say "I love you with all my heart", I mean to the other person that there is no limit for my love when it comes to them, if so by giving my life to save that persons, which kinda means giving my heart to the other person.
I give my life to that person and that means giving my heart. I entrust my life to the person I love. It is as simple as that to me.
Ofcourse i could say that I love one of my friends with all my heart, but, it would still be another part of me, the heart i mean when saying that to a friend is something else.
That is my soul, the person i identify as myself, telling the other person how much i appreciate him/her. This way you can love loads of people but the whole system is different.
The system i have is like a solasystem, where the people are like the planets and the peple who I like more are closer to the core.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Quote by cloud16heart is just symbolic, iono why though. its kinda stupid to me. i an just as easily say "i hate you with all my liver"

Hahahaha, that was pretty funny! ^_^'

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

For me I think that the heart is really important when you feel something. Everytime when you get nervous or something you feel it close to your hearts position. Its just logical that our human brain thinks like that.

For me I feel with my heart. It have always been like that, and I dont want to say that my brain controlls my emotions. I dont really like that idea ^^. But we all got our own opinions about life and how we should live it. Its the same when it comes to our feelings. No one is right or wrong about feelings ^^.

Signature Image

Graverobber

Graverobber

Heart of Darkness

Quote by cloud16heart is just symbolic, iono why though. its kinda stupid to me. i an just as easily say "i hate you with all my liver"

lol, Good one! I get your point too.

rituel

rituel

kLepToMAniaX Designs

the term 'heart' in anatomy, and 'heart' romantically/emotionally are two very different things... Well, the heart (anatomic one) is the organ that pumps blood all over our body, as we all know... It's just another organ in our body (one of the most important ones, at that)...

But 'heart' (emotional terms) is a very different thing.. it is something abstract, insubstantial (i dunno, but does that mean 'non-substance'?)... it looks more into the soul aspect of the human being..

So please, do not treat the two as if they were one and the same...

Rei011

Rei011

Eva 00 Pilot

yes you can fell and love with your heart trully!

Lonely Angel....

hanajimawaves

hanajimawaves

Rogue Dremer

the body, mind, n soul r interconnected so if one dies the others dont function..(soz, i went off on a different tangent ^^; bac 2 the topic: i believe that we do feel wit our hearts n whether u believe ur heart (the organ or abstract sense) is where u feel emotion, one has 2 admit that they do feel it from sumwhere - lol, this stuf can b so confusin...

CHC999

CHC999

"I want her to be alway happy"

Funny enough all the pain you feel in your heart when you say I hate you, or what ever you feel is because of your brain. Why? One single word "hormones", no hormones are not only for sex drive. Its why you fall in love and why you feel attach to an person, its all hormones, and yes the pain you feel in your heart is also hormones release from your brain (I forgot how it works, saw it in a sciencific show, but Im sure its was because of the brain). So therefore you dont feel with your heart but you feel with your brain or more likely "hormones"

Signature

Quote by CHC999Funny enough all the pain you feel in your heart when you say I hate you, or what ever you feel is because of your brain. Why? One single word "hormones", no hormones are not only for sex drive. Its why you fall in love and why you feel attach to an person, its all hormones, and yes the pain you feel in your heart is also hormones release from your brain (I forgot how it works, saw it in a sciencific show, but Im sure its was because of the brain). So therefore you dont feel with your heart but you feel with your brain or more likely "hormones"

Yep, I heard the same thing in my biology class. The symbol of love should be changed to brains or hormones then instead of a heart. >_<

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.