Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Origins / Causes of homosexuality or bisexuality? - Minitokyo

Origins / Causes of homosexuality or bisexuality?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 28 total items

That is really interesting - never heard about it on the media though - usually they would be the first to pounce on such a thing (forgive me if I missed it).

You can hardly be blamed for missing it, since it's not well-covered except by those who debate homosexuality. Also, people who work within the field are somewhat apprehensive about opening up such a large can of worms.

National Geographic (same article):
"Such sexual behavior has been documented only relatively recently. Zoologists have been accused of skirting round the subject for fear of stepping into a political minefield.

"There was a lot of hiding of what was going on, I think, because people were maybe afraid that they would get into trouble by talking about it," notes de Waal. Whether it's a good idea or not, it's hard not make comparisons between humans and other animals, especially primates. The fact that homosexuality does, after all, exist in the natural world is bound to be used against people who insist such behavior is unnatural."

I'd say biological. Heck, dolphins have EVOLVED for bisexuality. Male dolphins have a dead-end lubricated orifice on their stomachs.

But, really, if you want to go deeper into the human psyche, only 10% of humans are completely homosexual. Likewise, only 10% of humans are completely heterosexual. That leaves 80% at various degrees of bi. Since our (American) society is becoming more accepting of homosexuality, more of this 80% feel the... the... ability? Not "right"... ....feel like they CAN go and explore themselves more openly. So despite what some think, there's been a rise in OPEN homo/bisexuality. Not an actual RISE.

....or you can just look at bonobos. Hooray bonobos.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 28 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.