Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Terrorist motive - Minitokyo

Terrorist motive

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

gothiclad

gothiclad

Hi HI^ ^

Do anyone know why islamic terrorist consider westen people as an enemy ? I really don't got it.I know there are something good and bad about countries in the world,but why they focus on
US ? and why they want to destroy westen people so badly? :\

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

all i know is that they take the teachings of the Qur'an out of context and use it as an excuse for their actions

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

I won't even began to comment on this subject.......at least not yet. Someone will post something I will get mad about and post, so be patient. :)

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

im not gona comment
i just want to see if someone will try to explain it. liger's gona have to wait abit longer XD

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

Acyx

Ork Warlord

Originally it was some hooplah about the crusades and how we as the western world under catholicism invaded them a thousand years ago. The typical things that Bin Laden and his followers alleged and were generally regarded as complete wackjobs for. Now it's more focused upon the U.S.' horrid foreign policies toward the said nations in question and imperialist actions such as an illegal occupation, torture, and among other violations of things such as the Geneva convention, the War crimes act of 1996.
I'm sure we've been around this barn many times before though, if you need further clarifications, just read some of my other posts on the subject.

-Acyx

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

lets put it this way
islamic terrors view it one way
western world views it another
they dont get along so set out to destroy one another
hows does that sound?
just different points of view

i agree with kay...somehow u made something very complex and touchy so...simple

i like it XD

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

dont forget that another reason is because we support israel

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Israel being part of the western world. Islamic countries tend to speak of the Jihad (i.e. holy war) as a weapon against occident.

The Jihad concept is a key of the fight against occident in middle-eastern countrie;
Jihad is an Islamic term, from the Arabic root jhd ("to exert utmost effort, to strive, struggle"), which connotes a wide range of meanings: anything from an inward spiritual struggle to attain perfect faith to a political or military struggle to further the Islamic cause. The meaning of "Islamic cause" is of course open to interpretation. The term is frequently translated into English as "holy war", although jihad can apply to more than just warfare. Mainstream Muslims consider jihad to be the most misunderstood aspect of their religion by non-Muslims. The Islamic religious legitimacy of the goals or methods of various Islamist movements who adopt the terminology of jihad is often brought into question, usually by moderate and liberal Muslims.

You know. I think the question was a little vague, because there are terrorist everywhere, not only the Middle Eastern ones. There are terrorist all over "Civilized" Europe, in the US, South America, Africa, and in many countries in Asia, even Japan. They all do what they do for social, political, religious, or ideological motivations. They are all nutcases that need mental help.

jaam0927

Live with honor, die with glory.

I dont think they see westerm ppl as an enemy, but the western goverment... and their leaders.......

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

I think so much of it has to do with the Israeli occupation of Palestine. The Americans support the Jews 110% and have failed to produce realistic negotiations probably due to the fact that America has a very powerful Jewish lobby. It is virtually a state of Palestine being occupied by the USA. At the same time, the western media which has been incredibly biased in the whole affair seems to only ever present the news from the Jewish / American persprective. Fairness and justice have not been put onto the agenda except for a little public relations lip-service.

On the other side of the coin the Islamics that are doing the terrorism have a point of view that must be shoved down your throat and they are fighting the US ideology (another ideology that must be shoved down your throat).

So Americans send the poor and black off to die and the Islamics strap bombs to their loved ones and push them into a crowd. I'd like to see the older people do the fighting. I bet we would have peace within a week as they wouldn't be so gung ho if they had to do the dying themselves

Unfortunately, I think that even if it was all sorted out in a fair and profitable way for all, it's just gone on for too long now and too much bad blood exists. I personally think that neither one side or the other has enough brains to settle and let the rest of us live in peace and harmony.

Well, Bin Laden basically wants the Americans out of Saudi Arabia, but more generally it's about Western (mostly American) occupation of Arab soil and support for Israel.

Quote: I dont think they see westerm ppl as an enemy, but the western goverment... and their leaders.......

Actually, it's a commonly held belief amongst them that the people of a democracy are responsible for the actions of their government. (The thing they're missing here, of course, is that democracy doesn't really exist.)

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Quote by minebannWell, Bin Laden basically wants the Americans out of Saudi Arabia, but more generally it's about Western (mostly American) occupation of Arab soil and support for Israel.

Quote: I dont think they see westerm ppl as an enemy, but the western goverment... and their leaders.......

That's exactly what i was saying, it's their concept of the jihad, the holy war against the west

just specifying XD

merged: 12-12-2005 ~ 08:22pm
and we should respect the fact that they do not seem to like us playing in their backyard.

Government, morals, religion.

And while Osama tends to refer to citizens as being "innocent", remember that they'll chop your head off in a second. We, as Americans, are in danger and they will kill us in a heartbeat. We are their enemies.

Griffin, where do you get your facts from? I laughed when I read half of your post because it is all such cliched propaganda that you see around the world from ultra liberals. Maybe you should read up on some history. Arabs don't care where Jews are, they want to hunt them down and kill them all, it doesn't matter if they moved away or not. America provides things for the Jews because of a treaty we signed with them, is that wrong some how? That was done before half of these Arab nations even existed as we know them today.

The US doesn't control the news media. I don't know what twisted place you are from, where the government can control the news, but over here, in the land of satallite television and cable television, I can watch Arab news, Japanese news, Russian news, Indian news, BBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, Fox, Korean news, Mexican news, and German news. When they all say the same thing, its kind of obvious whats going on in the world.

Oh and in other countries around the world I've been to. I didn't talk to one of the citizens that thought I was shoving my ideals down their throat. You sound like one of those people that sues McDonalds because they are fat. If the people where you live didn't want American stuff there(TV, Music, or products), they simply don't have to buy them, watch it, or listen to it. And your government doesn't have to do business with the US. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Oh, and I love the part about sending "poor blacks" off to die. That has to be one of the most retarded statements I ever heard in my life. Of the fifty one men that died in my unit in the battle of Fallujah, only five weren't white. Only two were black. And the insurgents(not Islamics or Muslims, because they all aren't terrorist) strap the bombs to themselves, not family members, and drive into crowds. You should not talk about things you don't know about.

As for the "rest of us". Who do you mean the "rest of us"? Where the heck are you from. If you come from the perfect country, then don't watch the news, then you won't have to see anything that happens outside of your little bubble. If you are't from a perfect country and have terrorist there, I would quit complaining and do something to help. I'm guessing as long as the genocide is happening in a place like Sudan, it doesn't matter. As long as people are starving in Somalia, it doesn't matter either, because that doesn't get much coverage. As long as it is kept quiet and you can live in an imaginary peacful world, you will be happy.

Crappy stuff happens in the world, and it is usually young adults that will pay the price. Men and women in their teens and twenties are fighting and dying on both sides, but as long as you live in your sheltered little world, with no responsibilities or worries you are happy. As long as reality doesn't pop its nasty head in, there are no worries. War and terrorism may happen because of the political motivations of the leaders of either faction, but when it comes down to it, it is the reason the soldiers on either side that matters. A president or an Ayatolla cannot win a war, it takes people with minds of their own to resolve these conflicts.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

See? That's why I don't want to say anything.........yet. ;)

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

JLSL

I get my facts from BBC, American Public Radio, German Radio, Dutch Radio, SBS (which is a multi cultural channel) etc. etc. I'm also alive with eyes and ears. You don't have a monopoly on them. Your pretty full on JLSL and if you yell louder it will become truer

JLSL

i dont want to upset ya but news coverige is an issue in realtion to american media. its really one sided...ive actually watched it i was scared.JK and also the definition of left and right in the USA and the rest of the world is also different. A person in australia who left 1 year ago was a central right wing here and she is moderate left wing there.

and for
f@#%ing hell were not islamics. dont make up words. the religion is ISLAM and the people are MUSLIM

"""""""

Crappy stuff happens in the world, and it is usually young adults that will pay the price. Men and women in their teens and twenties are fighting and dying on both sides, but as long as you live in your sheltered little world, with no responsibilities or worries you are happy. As long as reality doesn't pop its nasty head in, there are no worries. War and terrorism may happen because of the political motivations of the leaders of either faction, but when it comes down to it, it is the reason the soldiers on either side that matters. A president or an Ayatolla cannot win a war, it takes people with minds of their own to resolve these conflicts. """"""

being in the army doesnt really let you have a mind of your own.

Here we go again. The same two.

Griffin, I have no idea what you are trying to say. All I was trying to say was that I have access to all kinds of fair and impartial news, just like you do. Really, where do you guys get off telling me that I don't get the proper news? You act like you know everything about my country, and when I try to say you are wrong, I'm the bad guy. I may make snappy comments every now and then, but I don't judge your country and make it a staple part of my everyday life to put down an entire group of people.

Pepeo-you seem to get everything you watch off of the television. It seems all of your ideas and thoughts are based on what the media has drilled into your head. If you are scared of US news you are a poor person, because I have watched news from all around the world, and you know what....its all the same!

As for your comment about soldiers not having a mind of their own...obviously I do, or I wouldn't be writing this to you. If you don't have a mind of your own, you die, simple as that. Yes men that don't think for themselves get killed in combat situations, and you know what? I'm still alive. And by the way, I'm not a soldier, I'm a United States Marine, there is a difference. Have a nice day :)

merged: 12-13-2005 ~ 06:45pm
Oh yeah and about "Islamics"...I have told an Iraqi soldier I was on post with that I was a Christian, and he called me something like infidel in broken English. So, if I can put up with that, I think an accidental misspronounciation isn't going to hurt.

ok just a short post...
what have i been brain washed about? and by who? im serious here coz when i talk to ppl from USA about anything political, i step on some toes*cough ligerZ *cough. and when i talk about other stuff i get along fine.

my info about america is taken from a variety of sources including people who live there right now. in vagas if ur intrested.

btw 2 wrongs dont make a right. that u got insulted(personally i thinks it was ment to be a joke) dont make my point any less legit. ok maybe the fing hell thing was overboard.

PS i wasnt commenting on ur personal news feeds, america has some really infamous networks(fox news)

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

JLSL

Are you sure you are in the right forum ? I mean, I think you should be running your arguments in a bar somewhere so that you can have "fisty cuffs" with some one. That's obviously what you want. You aren't debating, your just being angry and trying to give everyone grief. Your language and attitude is not fit for this site which is basically full of very young people and a sprinkling of others and we are all into fluffy little Japanese films that have characters with big eyes. What the hell are you doing here?

It sounds to me like you are very angry. I suggest that you don't take it out on the people here as that would be inappropriate and you would be wasting your time... and our time. You will not be changing my mind with the way you are attacking people and then twisting everything around so that you can't be argued with logically and sensibly. Your experience has made you too bitter for us and if I read through all you have read in a couple of threads I find myself thinking that you are "pushing your opinion down peoples throats"... which is where we started.

Everyone here is allowed to have their own opinion and you have no right to write the things you do. Anyway, you certainly have wasted my time and I'm over your insulting arrogance. I will not return to read your wrath.

Actually I laugh so hard when I read yours and Pepeo's threads my side hurts. I'm not mad at all. People are allowed to have their own ideas and opinions. That is ok and fine with me. But, big but here, when someone tells out right lies, perhaps out of lack of knowledge, I feel the need to react. Education will break down social, political, economic, and religious barriers. When I try to tell you something you are saying is wrong about somewhere you don't even live, and you get insulted, and insist that I am the ignorant one, it kinda gets on my nerves.

I know from your other threads that you come from Sydney, Australia and so does Pepeo. Can you find one bad comment, or instance where I have bad mouthed your country? Can you find a thread where someone has started a thread with the sole intent of bashing Australia? I could say some stuff, I've been there. But I try to look at the better side of Australia instead of the bad sides.

You would accuse me of resorting to violence over a few words. Then you would presume to judge my mental condition? This is all coming from two people that sound like they have never left their country. I'm not saying you haven't, but some of the conclusions you have come to are just not true.

You also say that I tend to push my opinion down people's throats. How can I push something down someones throat when it should be easy to swallow? Everything I have said has been in the defense of my country. I tried neither to push rhetoric or propaganda onto you. I never boasted how my country could beat your country, or my country is better, or your countries citizens are stupid. In fact it has been the exact opposite. You have been saying Americans are ignorant, greedy, vengeful, hippocites, stupid, emotionally unbalanced, ect. You say America rushes off to war whenever they disagree with another country. You say the people don't know why it is happening, and just agree with it. Americans demand stuff that they don't do themselves, and so on. Over multiple threads you have slandered almost everything I have fought for and what many have died for, so of course I am say some unpleasant things every now and then when people don't admit that they are wrong. If you read my post on the US in China's business, I was more than happy to apologize for any facts or opinions I might have gotten wrong. If you are wrong, you are wrong. But I guess that doesn't matter as long as you get a rise out of one of the Americans on the forums does it? I will say this, you won't see me badmouthing Australia. You know why...its exactly like America.

merged: 12-14-2005 ~ 07:40pm
By the way, if you want an example of the extreme double standard of the members of the forums, look back at the forum "race riots(sydney)". If it had said LA, New York, New Orleans, ect, there would be a whole lot of non Americans on there that would "know" how and why the riots started. And it sure wouldn't be in as a nice of a format as the Sydney forum is goin either. Also note, 90% of the people that posted are Australian. If it were a thread on America, 90% of the post would be non American, and there would be a whole lot more.

The original question of this forum can be traced directly to how these debates and conversations end up. Intolerance for another group of people and not being able to admit ones faults. In the end a terrorist thinks that his way is the only way, and that only his enemy is wrong. I am not saying anyone is a terrorist, but you can corralate it to some of the views of people on this very forum.

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I was entertain for a minute but I ran out of pop corn ^_^' I still think Kay0982 made the best point... keep it simple...

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.