Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Maxiumum scan resolution - Minitokyo

Maxiumum scan resolution

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

I got the following error when trying to submit a scan today:

Quote: The following errors occured:

file: Image too large in dimensions, maximum amount of pixels is 10000000

I like to scan my images at rather large sizes, but the filesize is always something manageable, why a maximum resolution?

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

upped the limit to 25 million.. should be enough, right?

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

25 million pixels- I think that's 5,000 x 5,000 or thereabouts. Anything that can be that big and still be under 5 meg must be a heck of a scan- I'll be haunting Marissa's gallery for a little while, 'cause this I gotta see!
:pacman:

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

Dose anyone really really need scans that big? i mean most computer screens can't see all that. wouldn't i t be better to make it smaller?

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Not really, big is good, makes it easy for a potential waller to do a flawless extraction with all the details and can help in cleaning it up if needed.

Signature Image

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by chaosmongooseDose anyone really really need scans that big? i mean most computer screens can't see all that. wouldn't i t be better to make it smaller?

Scans that are usually bigger could be used for many different wallpaper sizes, even wallpapers that are 2048x1536 or even the widescreen 4096x1536. Though most computer screens can't see all of it, when compressed by resizing, they maintain their high quality and oftentimes don't need vectoring unless it's excessively grainy.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Even with the widescreen wallpaper resolutions, the increased 25 million pixel limit should be plenty. Afterall, a wallpaper has much more than just the scan and the character never takes up all the pixels in the wallpaper. A high quality extraction from a 5000 x 5000 high quality scan will do wonders if put in the right hands. ;)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.