Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Artists on your desktop? - Minitokyo

Artists on your desktop?

The wallpapers featured on your desktop usually comes from:

top favs or highly popular artists
2 votes
highlighted walls or renowed \"quality\" artists
6 votes
randomly browsing the wallpaper gallery
14 votes
personnal artists sites you visit often
4 votes
your friend's submissions
2 votes
you never use anime wallpapers on your desktop
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

We all know that anime wallpapers is a big industry. Did you ever wonder if all those wallpapers were even ONCE used on anyone's desktop? If not what is the purpose of making so many wallpapers? Why not make art in other sizes or for other purposes than people's desktops?

So my question is: Wich Animewallpaper artist is most often featured on your desktop? ( you can list if you can) I don't want names of stuff that you like or add to favorites, but what you truly use.

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

I think tis one in my Favorites folder. I think it was on the "Featured/Popular" art page on MT v.1.
It says "Lightning Dance - Everyone loves to party" on it althogh I'm not sure on the series or artist.

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

i usually use walls that i like, or walls that i connect with but nowadays i've been using walls from wallers such as candy-chan *bites candy*, blusake, Alashanosferatu tutuu, and
derriiee.

oh and i always use rockie's and brom brom's hot walls <3

>_< how about candy?

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

You should've added "your own walls / WIPs" in the poll... :) Because that's what I usually use. I think I'd be a pretty bad waller if I can't use my own walls, especially if they're new... XP

When I get sick of looking at the flaws in my wallpapers I usually switch to the simple walls :D I have a sizable collection of non-simple walls but I find that I don't tend to use them very often.

Lately I've been using a lot of crap's walls :)

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

yeah I didn't think of putting "your own walls" sorry :/

I use most often simple and clean wallpapers, rarely scenics as they never look perfect, from artists such as...crapmonster, nat, shinn, tama-neko, tatekane, derniercri... and a lot of single wallpapers I really like from unknown artists, and me XD (rarely though, I always point out the imperfections)

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

I usually make my own because I haven't been able to find many 1680x1050 wallpapers.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Umm...can you add 'My own personal work'? Cause I often use em as my desktop since no one use em as theirs, anyway.

Besides, most of 'This Week's Popular Arts' are too damn overrated.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

I'm sorry I can't edit polls :[
If a mod passes by though he/she could change the last choice by "my own works", please

ayaki

ayaki

d[^_^]b

oh i usually use any wallpapers that i think it looks nice. :D
and when i made a wall..i use it for a couple of days to see if there's any flaws in it...and then switch back to whatever i feel i want to use at that moment. ^_^

*for now, i'm using Cloudnine's "The light before we land"

boo

hm...I don't really got a special artist....but usually I use wallpapers that matches with my windows style and with a medium sized scan and the colors I like... currently using tatekane's yotsuba blue version wallpaper, before I got shinn's ahobaka's wallpaper.

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

What if you just use your OWN walls for your desktop walls? because you love our own walls rather than works of others and its original than most, BUT you use renowed wallers works occasionally for your dektop what then Candy?!

well its a mix for me between top favourites, other sites and by randomly browsing.

AkinaSpirit

AkinaSpirit

Wandering Neko

hmm I don't really use any particular artist walls~ usually just something I'm in the mood for, maybe an anime I recently watched, or something that looks pretty.
I do tend to go for scenic walls but every now and then I use something grungy, abstract or walls I found before I got into MT.
Ahhh but I almost always use a wall that was a gift for me XD .. well all the ones so far have been nice to put on my desktop~
As for particular artist.. well I do have in mind particular artist that I often like to keep track of but.. I may not put that wall on my desktop. As much as the wall is well made and I like it, but sometimes it might not suit my desktop.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by shyxsakurai usually use walls that i like, or walls that i connect with but nowadays i've been using walls from wallers such as candy-chan *bites candy*, blusake, Alashanosferatu tutuu, and
derriiee.

oh and i always use rockie's and brom brom's hot walls <3

>_< how about candy?

strangely none of your choices fit my situation..
i basically use different wallpapers that i like regardless of whom made it or the style - i generally find a lot of so-called elites greatly overrated. imo

yeah- saki i use Dc's a lot as well as blusake and saki's of course. ;)

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

mine, ayasal's, and lastdinosaur's. i use whatever looks good, especially if its abstract, death note, or rahxephon. (my favorites)

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I use my own occasionally. Like right now I have up my most recent wallpaper White Christmas. I have a lot of Gundam ZZs walls, and Ayasal's. I use whatever catches my eye. Usually scenic or abstracts with a lot of effects and colors. Sometimes they come from random browsing or from Top Faves. I have a loooot of CCS and Tsubasa walls since they are my favorite anime. But I have at least 70 other random anime walls that I cycle through.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

TarnishedHalo

collapsing like houses of cards

I usually use my own wallpapers. If not, then it's something I've found on the web that blows me away.

Signature Image

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Hmm....right now, since I haven't really had time to hunt for widescreen wallpapers yet, I'm using my Utakata wallpaper. My last wallpaper, before I got my laptop, was and Advent Children one featuring Cloud.
I usually use whatever I'm in the mood for. The person who submitted it doesn't matter, I just use whatever tickles my fancy at any given time. :nya:

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

I put on my desktop any walls that i feel a connection with... right now i have a AsuCaga wall from MT on my desktop, and i'll change only when i find a wall that spikes my interest and towards which i have a strong liking... it really can be any walls, from any artists... i don't really have any "favourite" types, it just depends on my mood and what i like at the moment when i'm browsing... ^^

Digital blasphemy.. thetis moon. Though I'm not currently using it now, but I switch back to it often.

Before that it was ccs walls from AnimeBGX.. but my desk is kind of too big for that now :/ I've used my own a couple of times before too though they tire out pretty fast for me.

Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Currently I use my own hereB&W series Chikage SilverThe reason is because i tend to slide toward techno beauty, and the use of silver on my desktop is usually my fav choice. I don't usually favor colorfull wallpapers. Which is why Tevi's Olive Green Kei Toumei Wallpaper stayed there for a week, simply because the simple-ness and the easeness of silver to my eyes. I love silver (in which case, I am a bit color blind so i see Tevi's wall instead of olive color, I see silver)

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

platt

platt

Dreamer

I usually use those in my favorites, right now it's this one. Just saw the serie Shingetsutan Tsukihime so i wanted one from it. That's usually how it goes; I watch a serie and after that, if the show was good, I want a WP made from it. Usually I like simple wallpapers, but sometimes there are one with more details that in some way makes me like it. This is another WP I use frequently, and according to me underrated. pink, orange and strips. There's no special artist that i prefer or anything, but of course some have made more good walls then others, like Crapmonster and Rocknroll-isgo.

"Your god person puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says:
- Do what you like guys, oh, but don't eat the apple.
Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha"."

Quote by AyamaelI put on my desktop any walls that i feel a connection with... right now i have a AsuCaga wall from MT on my desktop, and i'll change only when i find a wall that spikes my interest and towards which i have a strong liking... it really can be any walls, from any artists... i don't really have any "favourite" types, it just depends on my mood and what i like at the moment when i'm browsing... ^^

I agree with Ayamael. I usually use random wallpapers that fits my mood. It can range from nice sceneric wallpapers to abstract backgrounds that catches my attention. I have a lot of wallpapers that I like because they are really well done but I rarely use them because it's not what I'm looking for when I turn on my computer.

If I need a change and can't find a wall that fits my mood then I usually use one of Nat or Shinta. They make really awesome wallpapers that are easy on the eyes. Otherwise I'll use one of the wallpapers I've made ^___^

Signature Image

Darktekya

Darktekya

Anime Lover

I had wallpapers from many artists. Yoshitaka Amano is one of my favorite's. I do not think that only great artist have a place in my desktop.

Can sin be forgiven? Cloud Strife

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.