Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How wwould you pronouce Naru Narusagawa's last name - Minitokyo

How wwould you pronouce Naru Narusagawa's last name

Tagged under Love Hina

page 1 of 1 18 total items

:D In the Love Hina series Naru pronouces her last name 2 different ways but how would you pronouce it Narusagawa(Nar-say-ga-wa) or Naru(Naru-sa-gow-wa) ^_^'

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

i tink it's the 1st 1...

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

Naru-sa-gow-wa o_oU but i'm spanish so Narusegawa is Narusegawa for me =O

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

(can't remember how she says it in the anime) but going by normal Japanese sounds, it would be pronounced: Na- ru- seh- gah- wa (ru- as in rude)

Signature Image

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

yeah that's how keitaro calls her too..

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

Midget

Midget

M|SF|T

*nods* i agree with fireflywishes , nah - roo - say - gah - wah sounds right to me :)

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Quote by fireflywishes(can't remember how she says it in the anime) but going by normal Japanese sounds, it would be pronounced: Na- ru- seh- gah- wa (ru- as in rude)

This one is the best so far...

Brownie the Cat

xmisaox

xmisaox

INACTIVE - I LOG ON FOR SCANS :D

yup firefly wishes is the best.. na-ru-seh-gah-wa .. ive seen all the episodes of love hina.. and i can say that urashima keitaro always calls naru by her last time XP

Narusegawa's name would sound similar to us in English, as in Japanese. However, the Japanese language doesn't have the "r" sound English does. They roll the r's into an "l" sound. If you watch the Japanese version, it's very distinct and sounds like "Nalusegawa" but, it's spelled Narusegawa.

I agree with yazakura. If you watch anime with english subtitles, you will notice they pronounce "r" as "l".

Na-roo-sey-ga-wa :p

Hold on, I think you have it backwards. Japan does have an "R" sound. It is ususally a short rolled "R". What they lack is an "l" sound. firefly had it correct. Otherwise arigato would be pronounced aligato.

merged: 03-16-2006 ~ 02:59pm
I meant to say that they lack an "L" sound.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

I seen some say Naru "seh" gaw wa....I guess I might not be sounding that out right...but is that supposed to sound like "sa" like pronounced in the name "Sasuke or Sakura" more like a "saaaaa" kinda sound. So it would be "Nah roo sa ga wa"? Thats they way I always sounded it out, but then again, I dont speak Japanese.

To clarify, in her name æ?ç?¬å·?, the 2nd character ç?¬ is pronounced the same as ã?, which in romaji is 'se' and pronounced 'seh'.

Firefly had the pronounciation correct

Edit: I guess the forums can't show kanji and hiragana T_T

I'm from holland, so I cant really say it in English phonetics. Pronounciation of words in Dutch are very close to Japanese, so we don't really have problems with it.
I think it would be cosest to: Na- ru- seh- gah- wa, and the tu as in tutorial ( or U-boot in German).

ShiXon

ShiXon

PFFFTT.

the second one :)

HAY THARR.

SoraFumumura

Muda na teikou shite ne

Quote by codewulfHold on, I think you have it backwards. Japan does have an "R" sound. It is ususally a short rolled "R". What they lack is an "l" sound. firefly had it correct. Otherwise arigato would be pronounced aligato.

merged: 03-16-2006 ~ 02:59pm
I meant to say that they lack an "L" sound.

Actually they do lack the 'R' sound and its replaced by the 'L'

and its the second one.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

I'd go by how keitaro pronounces it in japanese. hehe sounds better.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.