Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Samurai 7 - Minitokyo

Tagged under Samurai 7

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Ok I know that only 2 or 3 volumes are out but I had to watch the rest of the series so I did and I just wanted to know if anyone else saw it and wut u guys think.... so, go ahead!

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Since this thread is about a particular series, it should be under In-depth with the correct categorization. Please take this into consideration when creating threads in the future. ^^

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

I really enjoy watching it a lot. Even if the girl Kirara is quite bold... and well the introduction od mechas is interesting even if that stresses more what the samurais can do... just the opening battle, you have either to be quite sceptical or to accept it.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

I like it but the ending is sad since a lot of my fave characters died...

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

I thought it was quite good, the storyline was top notch (it was taken from a classic afterall :P), and i personally love mechas, samurai and all that fun stuff, so it was perfect for me

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

I also love the action...

Sorry about placing this in the wrong place Unicorn2006.... Yea I liked it for the most part tho the characters that died made a lil sad.... The part Im confused about is Kirara liked kambei and not the younger guy (cant remember how to spell his name)... But other than that it was really good.... So BiNumber, you said it was taken from a classic, where can I find out about it?

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

I dun remember the original screenwriter, but he's quite famous for making a lot of old japanese movies, but the movie was similarly named i believe
I think it was the seven samurai, only thing is i think it's black n white

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

VampireMelinda

VampireMelinda

Digital Goddess

The anime is based off the film The Seven Samurai which was directed by Akira Kurosawa, who was a famous Japanese director in the 1950s. The film is quite wonderful, so I would go see it if you haven't.

Samurai 7 is very true to the basic storyline in the film and I've only seen about half the series and I love it. It is so good and I am so glad the anime didn't fuck up this amazing story.

If you love the film, you'll love the anime. If you haven't seen the film, SEE IT NOW!

"Don't You Want to Hang Out and Waste Your Life with Us?" - Spike from Cowboy Bebop

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

Quote by onlydarknessSorry about placing this in the wrong place Unicorn2006.... Yea I liked it for the most part tho the characters that died made a lil sad.... The part Im confused about is Kirara liked kambei and not the younger guy (cant remember how to spell his name)... But other than that it was really good.... So BiNumber, you said it was taken from a classic, where can I find out about it?

I think the youngest samurai's name is Katsushirou... I also thought at first that Kilala/Kirara liked Katsushirou but it was revealed at the latter part of the series that she liked Kanbei... I guess it's because she's mature and prefers older guys... Too bad for Katsushirou... He was kinda rejected but Kirara was rejected by Kanbei too...

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

Quote by AyuTateishi

Quote by onlydarknessSorry about placing this in the wrong place Unicorn2006.... Yea I liked it for the most part tho the characters that died made a lil sad.... The part Im confused about is Kirara liked kambei and not the younger guy (cant remember how to spell his name)... But other than that it was really good.... So BiNumber, you said it was taken from a classic, where can I find out about it?

I think the youngest samurai's name is Katsushirou... I also thought at first that Kilala/Kirara liked Katsushirou but it was revealed at the latter part of the series that she liked Kanbei... I guess it's because she's mature and prefers older guys... Too bad for Katsushirou... He was kinda rejected but Kirara was rejected by Kanbei too...

'
yeah..i feel sad at the end, when Katshushiro said something to kirara >><

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

... Katsushiro is my fave chara... I really like too his voice, I've thougth too that I have heard it in another anime that I like... so it's the same seyuu than Ed of FMA.

Was suprised too that Kirara love Kambei cause what she has done before didn't seem to really indicate that.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

OK I know wut movie you guys r talking about! Once I read it I was like "duh". Yea Katshushiro kirara if he has the sent of battle now (this the last ep.) and she looked sad.... I really got pissed when that dude in the red coat (dont wanna try to spell his name cuz i'd mess it up) got shot up by katshu when everyone was in the capital... I really wanted to see him and kambei fight again...

I got the 3rd volume in the series a few days ago, and I must say that Funi isn't keeping up their end of the "releasing it like the Japanese release" because the Japanese release had a little Nobuseri figure with it in the 4th LE volume which would have been our 3rd LE volume. I hope they decide to give us a little figure too. I must say that I love the little letters that Komachi write while they travel at the end of the episodes, their soo cute and funny.

And yeah I have to agree that Kyuuzo being "done in" by Katshushiro was not a very honerable way to "go" but the anime has to follow the movie to some degree.

Signature

When I first heard of this, I didn't really take a liking to the idea. But when I started watching it, I couldn't stop. I really enjoyed the beginning parts where they are trying to find the samurai, and then how they would go about defending the village. The ending was kind of dull for me, but it closed out the series well.

Signature Image

I only saw the first episode but i did like the mech and the samurai all together. I it a nice combination. Still i only watch the first episode but it was really good, that's my opinion.

I LOVE THIS SHOW! Really, gotta love it. The fight scenes rock (very ... matrix-like...), the characters rule, and the plot's ... well ... shall we say, far-fetched? ^^;;;

Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that big, scary robots terrorizing small villages for RICE is ... strange ... but you can always grade the producers on effort, right? ^^;;

This show is spiffy It is alittle wierd but thats y i like it!>_<

I'm going to stand out in saying that I was not quite bought by the show. Something about them being able to cut any kinds of metal (from the tin robots up to the mothership) with their sword just does not click together. The soundtrack and background picture is worth of praise though.

true true...

may i ask that who died in this show n how they died
i onli noe that garabei died but did not noe that the other died too
pls tell me

Quote by EnchanterI'm going to stand out in saying that I was not quite bought by the show. Something about them being able to cut any kinds of metal (from the tin robots up to the mothership) with their sword just does not click together. The soundtrack and background picture is worth of praise though.

*laughs* Boy, do you stand out, all right!

Anyway, I have to agree with you - this show is out of this world, but you gotta admit - the music and the graphics are really good (of course, nothing beats Final Fantasy), and the characters really fit the story perfectly.

Well, I'm just here posting my thoughts ... no big deal ... :pacman:

See you all around!

~ChinaRose~

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.