Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Extracting Pictures - Minitokyo

Extracting Pictures

page 1 of 1 5 total items

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

First of all, I apologise if there's a thread like this, but I couldn't find one that helped in my particular problem.

I took a screenshot of an anime, and was thinking of turning it into a wallpaper. But there were two things I want to change, but don't know how: removing some text which covers parts of the picture, and improving the colour quality of the picture itself.

For the text, I figured that I should clone stamp it out. But for improving the quality, I read about tracing and colouring, but there were too many colours in each part for me to do it properly. So if anyone can help me, I'd gladly like some advice.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

1- youre thread belongs to the Sandbox section
2- unless you want to completely vector your screenshot, I recommend to NOT turn it into a wallpaper. Screenshot quality is horrible, and most of the time you don't have a complete character..
3- for clearer advice you should upload your screenshot to imageshack.us so we can see what kind of treatment it needs :)

Doesn't really belong in the Sandbox section since there is no work done so far. Sandbox is for work in progress or work that got deleted...

Anyways, generally wallpapers using screenshots are deleted cuz of the low quality of the image. So unless you vector it, like said above, you shouldn't be using it in the first place. But if you're just doing it for yourself, that's totally fine.

For color quality, can't you tinker around with the color levels and such? I'm not really sure since I don't really do that much tinkering around... But there should be an easier way to fix the colors then just going through everything.

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I hate to tel you this but you might have to get acquainted with vectoring/re-cging. Can't reember the specific site I learned from so just look up Unmei's Tracing Tutorial. Judging by what your saying its probably going to be difficult so good luck.

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Oh alright, thanks alot. I actually went halfway through Unmei's Tutorial before wondering if there was any other way to do it. It might not look like it, but you guys cleared alot of things up for me.

As for uploading the screenshot, since, as you said, it doesn't show the complete character, I just kind of.. pieced some screenshots together, so it'll look wierd if I posted it.

So anyway, thankyou for that.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.