Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Samurai Champloo ended well. - Minitokyo

Samurai Champloo ended well.

Tagged under Samurai Champloo

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Samurai Champloo is definitely one of the best series I've seen since Cowboy Bebop. The thing that makes or breaks an anime is its ending. Bebop fit with its style, and so did Champloo. It fit the character while pullying that possibilty for a sequal outta the hat even if it will never happen. It was just so smooth like the series. It just fit. People are prolly just sad that it ended at all.

I agree... I think Samurai Champloo's endings is one of the best endings of an anime series I've ever seen (off-topic: even though I didn't like Cowboy Bebop's that much). I mean, I was expecting either a crappy ending where everyone dies (I've seen that pretty often in anime) or a happy ending where the bad guys are killed, Fuu falls in love with either Mugen (or Jin) and all three of them live happily ever after. On the other hand, the ending surprised me just like the rest of the series did. It was just... right :)

Caya

Caya

embodied creativity-block

Also off topic: even though CB's end made me cry like hell, I believe that it was cinematically the best thing that could have happened. A unique ending to the series. (For the rest, let's just pretend Spike only blacked out and they nursed him back to health so that Faye can torment him for all eternity^^)
But now, about Samurai Champloo: I have to admit I was kind of disappointed at the ending at first. Somehow, I was expecting something more out of it; that's what I thought. On second thought, though, I believe I was HOPING for more to happen (yes, fangirls are pathetic). But actually, I believe the ending really fits. I can, however, perfectly imagine a continuation of the story (and I prefer to keep that to my fellow fanfiction writers), where once again, Fuu is kidnapped and has to work in a brothel and for some reason beyond anybody's imagination, Jin and Mugen both somehow make their way there and get her out, whether they want to or not. And so the eternal nagging continues.

"People have so many things pent up inside of themselves.. And they can forget so many things......Strange...... isn't it............" - Tifa Lockheart

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Well, if you compare CB and SC, you can see definite tendencies such as a zanny, funny and surreal beginning (just to set the pace and the context). Then it usually continues the funniness untill, say, the last 3 or 4 epsiodes where they had to tie up a dramatic and somewhat sad or depressing ending (I'm generilising like hell here - take a note of that). The team(s) broke up before or after the main character's (Spike or Fuu) arch or sworn enemies have been defeated, at a tremendous physical cost (i.e. everyone should have died).

I wouldn't call it bad, just a habbit. Like director Watanabe wanted to finish an action comedy with some drama.

Question: Am I the only one that think that the two best episodes of these two series each had something to do with drugs? Cf. the mushroom episode of CB with the canabis episode of SC..... XD XD

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

well i liked how it ended considering its genre (comical and serious) i didnt expect for jin and mugen to start fighting in the last episode, well if theres gonna be another series (i hope :P) probably mugen and jin will meet again.....

BEST ENDING EVER!

merged: 06-24-2006 ~ 07:27pm
sorry bout the double post but the last one posted itself for some reason. anyways i loved champloo ending because its so open ended opposed to ones like chrno crusade (the manga i havnt seen the anime) which tells you eveything that happened after the series ends

I totally *loved* Samurai Champloo series and like all of you, I think the end was perfect. I mean, we all know they'll end up to meet again in some weird way ^O^ And also, it's certainly better than seeing Mugen in love with Fuu or something terrifying like that :D

Quote by joemighty16Question: Am I the only one that think that the two best episodes of these two series each had something to do with drugs? Cf. the mushroom episode of CB with the canabis episode of SC..... XD XD

I'm with you there XD ;)

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

i thought the ending was perfect. How they parted each other and went on their own way- possibly to begin another adventure~ it's really an ending which suits the characters, especially Mugan. He's such an intersting person with free-will, i don't think anyone can hold unto him for long :)

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.