Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is there really affection between AsuCaga? - Minitokyo

Is there really affection between AsuCaga?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

they've just ruined a great couple! its really hard to let go off the couple you already liked/admired... i sure do hope that they will still end up together...

ASUCAGA

luv those 2!

YoU cAn SaY tHe MoSt WoNdErFuL tHiNgS iF yOu WaNt To

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by FreeGSD******DONT READ UNLESS U WANT TO GET SPOILED!******

im sry to tell u guys dis
but athrun and cag breaks up in the next series
athrun gets 2gether wif meryin after xD
and had kids =O

Very possible. Here's an interesting thread relating to that:
GSD Fans must Read!Especially AsuCaga fan!About Athrun!

Flamed debate going on about that being true or not. I'm fine with an AsuMey couple myself.

I think they're in love. I guess, AsuCaga affection, even though they were given heavy duties and responsibilities - where Asuran had some sort of duty to PLANT and meanwhile, Cagali had to rebuild and continue ORBs legacy - they could still remain flaming in love.

Runor has it, that there will be a GSD special edition coming out this year, which I hope will fill in the real love story between AsuCaga. dunno when..

Hope shines eternal for them.

Do you guys think that Athrun love Cagalli more than Cagalli love Athrun?

SpottedCat

Sub-zero

I don't know. It could change. Very skeptical, I am. Uh huh.

Your stupid.

Lariel

Lariel

[ Fallen From Grace ]

my POV : Cagalli really does love Athrun, but becasue of her conutry and the blahs, she would give up on Athrn, and that idiot too, for achieving whatsoever peae, would rejoin the ZAFT. oh Fukuda, when da hell are you going to stop this game? Just let them be together and all things would be set right! U break them up and I'll make sure the hounds of hell are sent personally towards you! Grr!

Signature
One day, when the time comes, I want to sleep among the flowers.

They're in love. I mean, why wouldn't Athrun give Cagalli the ring and kiss her afterwardS? Don't you think that's proof enough? ^_^

They represent a couple that understands each other, that one loves deeply, that is not very common and overalls that rots against any obstacle. They are loved without doubts, neither remorses. I already want to see them together

champ0342

champ0342

Anime's Beeotch

After Gundam Seed, I was all for Athrun and Cagalli. Now I find myself realizing that at the end of Seed Destiny, Athrun is walking away with Meyrin...and I kinda feel like they fit. Athrun needs to go back to ZAFT and rise in the ranks. If he is in charge there, peace could be maintained.

Signature
www.transluscent.net/perspective/
Gain a little Perspective

hikariangiru

Angiru Hikari

I just can't accept that it is only comrade love that they feel for each other. In my opinion, they're still a couple. There's no other way that I can think of them two. I totally support them, no matter what, to the very end. Sure Meyrin likes him and all, but it's kinda obvious that it will never happen, because Asuran loves Cagalli (and vice versa). This fact leaves me a little saddened, for I didn't like Meyrin in the beginning, but after all she had done for him, I really truthfully liked her for who she is and her love for Asuran.
But in the end, AsuCaga is the one that wins my heart over, and it will always be that way. (Nothing Fukuda says or does will never change it!)

We are all angels with one wing, we need someone else to fly...
#JapaneseLover#

Finns

Finns

**Justice on My Hand**

If it is not love then what is it ?

try to ask yourself this question.

i read a similar article. they said that she sas chosen the way she wants to live, as an Orb politician, and a relatinon betwen them woult be impossible until athrun will have his own country to rule.
i don't think this would be a good thing...
i am also an asucaga fan, and i want them together as much as i belive that they love eachother.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I dunno, I think it's more of a crush than love, esp at first. It seems like they both had a crush on another when they first met (after their initial conflict of course), and started talking. It seems that their relationship is full of misunderstandings from the beginning... (and that Cagalli wanted to kill him the first 2 times they've met)...

Cagalli obviously had a crush on him, seeing as how after she threatened him with a gun, she ended up giving him that amulet.

This is just my speculation, but I think both were hearts in need. Athrun saw that Lacus liked Kira, and I think he saw there was no chance with her (I really do think he had a crush on Lacus once), so he turned to Cagallli. Cagalli too, after losing her father, and after the shock of finding out about her brother, needed a shoulder to cry on, and Athrun was there. But they did care for one another, not wanting the other to die (Cagalli was worried about Athrun a lot). It did seem that Cagalli liked Athrun more than he liked her, or maybe she's just more expressive about it.

Their relationship in SEED was pretty rushed, seeing as how they've only met twice before they really known each other. Like I said, it's kinda puppy-love, and sort of like Shinn/Luna, where they both needed someone to be there.

Maybe their relationship did grow during the 2 year space between Destiny and SEED, and maybe there was love at one point and time. but due to Cagalli's work and other things that had happened, I think they fell out of love. Yes, Athrun did give her a ring, but being apart so much, and them fighting with different people created a conflict in viewpoints, which added to the strain of their relationship.

Now, that's not to say I don't like Asucaga. even though it's not my fave couple, I think Cagalli's the only one really suited for Athrun (esp the SEED Cagalli). He needs someone strong to be there to support him, and somehow, I don't think Meyrin can give him that.

Maybe they no long feel as passionate as they did 2 years ago, but I think they still have a chance to get things sorted out, and maybe they'll find their way back in love again....

I agree with MapleRose about Cagalli being the only one suitable for Athrun and Meyrin can't give him what he wants. I also think that maybe Meyrin is a little childish for Athrun and they didn't have any "romantic" moments in Gundam Seed Destiny. The fact that Meyrin saved him was the only time he really noticed her. But who knows, I'm not sure what will happen with Athrun. Maybe he will be a bachelor forever (just kidding). :D

I agree with Maple Rose that Cagalli's the only one really suit for Athrun ^^. However, I don't agree with your idea that after Lacus liked Kira, Athrun turned to Cagalli.
Athrun is very comfortable seeing Lacus expressed her feeling for Kira, and when Cagalli asked him about that, he just smiled and say "she's no longer my fiance". At first he seems to like Lacus (hate to say this) because she's a lovely, pretty and innocent girl. But Cagalli gave him different feelings: not-a-girl, not gentle, a bit agressive but kind-hearted and innocent as well (the crab scence and the scence she's holding his bag). At that time he might not like her but he had some feelings. When Lacus says she likes Kira, Athrun seemed to be surprised but no anger at all -> doesn't really love Lacus.
Then, the second time, he was surprised because even she was hurt when thinking that Kira was killed by him, she still gave him the stone and still wanted to protect him. And her ideal makes him consider a lot. Then he keeps thinking about her more and more. I mean he starts to have his feeling toward Cagalli, but that isn't caused by the fact Lacus likes Kira. Maybe after knowing this, he feels easier to fall for another girl, and I'm sure that if Lacus doesn't like Kira, Athrun will be beside her even though he likes another girl, not because he loves Lacus, but he is a very responsible guy.
I don't think this relationship is the same as Shinn and Lunar. Even though Cagalli likes Kira and Athrun likes Lacus before, those feelings are not very strong. Compare to the way Shinn loves Stellar and the way Lunar follows Athrun around, it is more reasonable the way Athrun and Cagalli get together. I think the only rush point is after Cagalli knows Kira is her brother, she expresses her feeling for Athrun too much. And about the word "love", I always think that it needs time for 2 people to understand and sharing with each other. So, yeah, maybe it's not love at that time, but it's more than "like" or "crush". So as Kira and Lacus in GS, it's not love as well since they just knew each other for a short time. However, I just assume that at the end of GS, Athrun and Cagalli are lovers, as I don't know which word should I use (very happy for using the word love ^^).
I think in GSD, their love is a bit affected, but definitely not because of Meyrin. In my opinion, Meyrin is not that important, and at the end of the series, if Athrun has to choose, no way he would choose Meyrin over Cagalli. I think the main problem is the wedding of Cagalli, the belief of Athrun in Zaft which makes him fight against her (actually when he hears "Cagalli is crying out ...", he doesn't concentrate on the battle) and Cagalli's responsibility to Orb. But since they still love each other, everything is fine and they will find the way to forever love.
AsuCaga forever

Spoiler:

Of course they're in love, there was the kiss in episode 8 and the ring he gave her. There was also an episode where Athrun saw Cagalli without the ring and he said that he wouldn't hurry (I'm assuming that he's talking about the relationship). I'm guessing he's willing to wait for her.

I think Cagalli should think that if she marries Athrun, he will be a great help to her in leading her country. Athrun's pretty good in commanding and has experience since he's father was the former leader of Zaft, thus raising Athrun in that kind of environment. Athrun will not distract Cagalli in leading Orb, instead, be a great help.

love between comrades! that's what sete everybody off. If you notice in Destiny, Athrun keeps looking at Cagali and her ring. It shows that they are in love and that it's not love between comrades. The producers are hurting my feelings with all the mystery about their relationship. I've never been this upset over anime before. Well, in conclusion, i think this is gonna be true love!

*chongie*

Finns

Finns

**Justice on My Hand**

Quote by nhincaigi104 I agree with Maple Rose that Cagalli's the only one really suit for Athrun ^^. However, I don't agree with your idea that after Lacus liked Kira, Athrun turned to Cagalli.
Athrun is very comfortable seeing Lacus expressed her feeling for Kira, and when Cagalli asked him about that, he just smiled and say "she's no longer my fiance". At first he seems to like Lacus (hate to say this) because she's a lovely, pretty and innocent girl. But Cagalli gave him different feelings: not-a-girl, not gentle, a bit agressive but kind-hearted and innocent as well (the crab scence and the scence she's holding his bag). At that time he might not like her but he had some feelings. When Lacus says she likes Kira, Athrun seemed to be surprised but no anger at all -> doesn't really love Lacus.
Then, the second time, he was surprised because even she was hurt when thinking that Kira was killed by him, she still gave him the stone and still wanted to protect him. And her ideal makes him consider a lot. Then he keeps thinking about her more and more. I mean he starts to have his feeling toward Cagalli, but that isn't caused by the fact Lacus likes Kira. Maybe after knowing this, he feels easier to fall for another girl, and I'm sure that if Lacus doesn't like Kira, Athrun will be beside her even though he likes another girl, not because he loves Lacus, but he is a very responsible guy.
I don't think this relationship is the same as Shinn and Lunar. Even though Cagalli likes Kira and Athrun likes Lacus before, those feelings are not very strong. Compare to the way Shinn loves Stellar and the way Lunar follows Athrun around, it is more reasonable the way Athrun and Cagalli get together. I think the only rush point is after Cagalli knows Kira is her brother, she expresses her feeling for Athrun too much. And about the word "love", I always think that it needs time for 2 people to understand and sharing with each other. So, yeah, maybe it's not love at that time, but it's more than "like" or "crush". So as Kira and Lacus in GS, it's not love as well since they just knew each other for a short time. However, I just assume that at the end of GS, Athrun and Cagalli are lovers, as I don't know which word should I use (very happy for using the word love ^^).
I think in GSD, their love is a bit affected, but definitely not because of Meyrin. In my opinion, Meyrin is not that important, and at the end of the series, if Athrun has to choose, no way he would choose Meyrin over Cagalli. I think the main problem is the wedding of Cagalli, the belief of Athrun in Zaft which makes him fight against her (actually when he hears "Cagalli is crying out ...", he doesn't concentrate on the battle) and Cagalli's responsibility to Orb. But since they still love each other, everything is fine and they will find the way to forever love.
AsuCaga forever

I absolutely agree with nhincaigi104.Yes,they really in love & it's true love.that's just hv a crush at first but it doesn't mean that they r not in love at all.i actually agree with what Fukuda said that they r misunderstanding & the comrade things.but i think other ppl r misunderstood it.what Fukuda means is 2 ppl who r very different & they don't really understand each other well in the beginning but can become together...so it's a misunderstanding.& they keep on stay together like a 'comrade' relationship i can say that it's coz their luck is same so they really don't think pretty much when they stick together.it's a feeling & they just follow their feelings.so it's really a crush at the beginning but they really falling in love after all.it's my pov.i think Athrun is really in love with Lacus at first coz i don't think he'll follow what his parent words if he don't like it.(he make all the haro-chan for Lacus,same like tori for Kira.it can seems that Lacus is very important to him)but after this he met with Cagalli who was not like a girl at all,not like Lacus.he does had feeling with her at that time.then Cagalli gave her the stone when they 2nd times met.Athrun really didn't understand her(remember,Athrun said it twice in GS!)but it seems that Cagalli had some attraction to him.he keeps on think about her & her ideas affects him a lot.Athrun is a responsible guy so that's true,he propably'll keeps staying with Lacus if Lacus doesn't love Kira. ^_^'
if it's to say AsuCaga r not true love it's as well as other pairs.i can see that in GS Lacus is like Kira but Kira is not.it's only can see their progress in GSD.same like Shinn & Lunamaria,they r not in love at all.they stick together just coz they r in the same situation.i think the way Athrun & Cagalli together is more reasonable to all of them.it's just their relationship is really complicated.(it seems that Cagalli figure out she's not sure about does she really understand Athrun or not,in GSD)the couple who i think is the absolutely true love fr the beginning to the end & their progress is really logictically is Mwu & Murrue.i think nobody'll say they r not in love. :\
Athrun & Cagalli will be together forever.they say that Athrun gave her the ring is coz he afraid he'll lose her.but it's same to anybody else,i think.if u don't care & love that person why u afraid to lose her?maybe it's silly(a ring actually cannot promise anything)but it does make us feel secure if someone u love does accept it.
& i do think there'll be a sequel after this coz ppl like to do trilogy now.so just keep a look & see. o_0

So, may I interrupt?

Finns, are you saying that they r a bad couple?
I think Cagali loved Athrun at first, but in contrary, Athrun didn't love her at first.
Seeing her so many times makes Asu loved Caga. thats what i think.

But this is stupid and I'm not sure eithr.

Finns

Finns

**Justice on My Hand**

No,they r the best couple in GS & GSD.coz they r so different but still can be together & accept each other.that's why i say they r the best.

While Kira x Lacus are my favourite couple in Seed, I must admit that while both Kira and Lacus could probably both do fine without one another [its simply that they're perfect together :) ], Athrun and Cagalli NEED each other.

If the producers intended to have Athrun and Cagalli to have had a 'misunderstanding' of a relationship, they did a really poor job of it. The romance and chemistry was definately there, the love was much more evident than any other couple in the series.

alluka

alluka

Otaku Gamer

Aw... People who has skills in making a fool out of a pics can give a hard impact on fans huh. "Athrun gets together with Meyrin after & has 2 kids" image lol xD There's a picture that shows the wife your referring is Cagalli and not Meyrin. Damn pictures... tsk tsk tsk

But anyway, Asucaga for me has an affection with each other, its just that everything looks so complicated for them to handle. Cagalli handling ORB at the age of 18, Athrun still looking for answers about the war and all other stuff that bothers him. I'm sure he understands the situation that Cagalli is facing... I guess its too much pressure. He was surprise when he saw that Cagalli wasn't wearing the ring anymore but he just told her, "Its alright, let it be this way for now. No need to hesitate bec. our dreams are the same.." Something like that.

Then the part when Cagalli is leaving Archangel, she told Meyrin "Aitsu tanomu na.. watashi wa issho ni ikenai kara" w/c means "Please take care of him (while I'm gone/in my place) bec. I can't go together with him" so she is not giving Athrun to Meyrin, she only asked her to take care of him 'cuz we all know how busy she is and that she needs to concentrate on ORB and Athrun going to the war again.

But y'know love wouldn't end there right? I haven't watch GSDestiny OVA, but I heard Lacus is the new leader of PLANTS. If so, Cagalli might have been more matured , and Athrun who has find his anyswer in all of these wars, they'll be united once again & might be working on their relationship. ^^ So I won't give up hoping for them to have a wonderful ending.

For me Fukuda is a good writer. See how bad the impact is made on fans? xD It was all so unexpected but that's how it is. Well I'm babbling... All I wanna say I support AsuCaga because I believe in their relationship no matter how complicated it turned out to be.

Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight

anza1316

anza1316

anza:::fan of fllay allster:::

After watching Gundam Seed, I thought for sure Athrun and Cagalli would end up together. But when Meyrin appears, I figured it was only a strong friendship between the two. But both couples look cute together though! And there's a THIRD series?

sign: Anza...

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.