Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lunamaria Hawke - A Shallow Character? - Minitokyo

Lunamaria Hawke - A Shallow Character?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

Who do you like Lunamaria the best with?

Shinn and Lunamaria
60 votes
Yolan and Lunamaria
2 votes
Rey and Lunamaria
13 votes
Arthur and Lunamaria
6 votes
Athrun and Lunamaria
11 votes
No one, bitch deserves to die. ^^ <3
36 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 79 total items

A thread on Lunamaria...hmmm...interesting.
I declare: I did not like her since ep 1. And after she hooked up with Shinn, she just became irrelevant.

Why I did not like her before:
Reason 1 -
Her piloting skills. She's a red, but her performance in ep 1 was sucky, ok given that her zaku had some engine problems, I gave her a second chance. And to her credit, she did hold her own against gaia in the space fight. BUT that was her ONLY highlight. Maybe bcos her suit was a zaku, maybe impulse was new to her. Whatever. Her fighting performance was too average for a red coat. She missed that shot on a shuttle moving in a predictable trajectory! How can u forgive that? Don't talk to me abt speed, gundams are shown shooting at things flying at high speeds all the time. And getting their target too. In ep 38 against Destroy, pls. She combined attack with Rey using a formula given by Shinn, where the destroys are known to not target Impulse (aka plothole). When Rey complimented her, i was like =_=b

Reason 2 -
Her flirtation with Athrun. Ok, this may be bias. There are girls out there who have guts to go after what they want, and i admire that. But she just acted all so cosy and friendly with athrun like she knew him since whenever. Goodness, even if u like the guy, show some shame. When he didnt notice her, she just jumped him, and shoved her face right in front of his. And the way she stuck her head into saviour

I dont' think that she's shallow as much as I think she's a flat character. i just...really don't see her role in the larger series, I really don't. I don't hate her, she just bores me, but unlike other GS characters that bore me, I don't think she even has a point.

merged: 08-26-2006 ~ 08:54pm
I dont' think that she's shallow as much as I think she's a flat character. i just...really don't see her role in the larger series, I really don't. I don't hate her, she just bores me, but unlike other GS characters that bore me, I don't think she even has a point.

I first watched GSD from ep 39 to 50, in which Athrun and Meyrin had been taken down by Shinn and Rey. At that point, Lunamaria's role seemed to be on pressure (due to Meyrin's being MIA), yet she showed some kind of sad tone on her appearance...

....well, the impression went away after I watched the first half of GSD later on (that is, ep 1 to 24). She seemed to be just a useless character to flirt on Athrun (since Athrun's been hero since Jachin Due event, great.... :)). While doing this, she also not taking care of the common fact for the PLANT citizens: that he is engaged to Lacus. Instead, she's just spending time having quarrel with Athrun (ie, as she said "I'll be careful when Lacus-sama is around..."). Well... she's just imaged as crush-blinded girl, though.

I'd rather take her as not-so-important character in GSD, since her role was never developed well (this maybe due to Fukuda's fault, too o_0). In the first half of GSD she appeared as only a falling-in-love girl with her hero-crush; then in the 2nd half she just become a sad, depressed cute girl (whose phrase I remember most, "Shinn...!" :D). And thus, she spent most of her time to accompany Shinn to many places in the Minerva.... gah. There should be many good things she can do! She's an elite pilot of ZAFT; she could have said and did better things than that! >_<

It also bugs me that she never showed herself being decisive, or something more 'mature' in the show.... I think she'd be better-look if she had some determination and thoughtful sayings, rather than going away for flirting a far-to-reach guy who had given ring to ORB's representative... >_<

Well.... it's a waste that she's given such unimportant role. After all she's been nicely drawn, and has a great voice-actress to support her (who is Maaya Sakamoto-san) -- she could have had better-image if the director can do the twist right... >_<

Poor little Luna... I was firstly fan of her, before watching the first half of the show. Maybe she's actually on Fllay Allster's shadow, after all -- without the manipulation-thingy and triangle-love-quarrels, of course. :D

I don't like her........but it's your personal opinion if you like her or not ><

Luna doesn't deserve to die, she just deserve to get more development.Even Stellar got better development than her becuase there are few flashbacks on her 'childhood', (One particular memoriable scene is how she is put to a deathmatch with other Extended children in a cage with a knife) which pretty much explain her behaviour - why she kills so ruthlessly and why she fears death so much) When put together in comparison, even Stellar outshone Luna even though she got really few air time.

1) Little to none is known about her, she has got nearly zero character development throughout the whole series. As one of the 'main' characters it is down to earth unacceptable. None is known about her past and background other than that she has a sister and she attended the ZAFT academy with Shinn. She hasn't really done any remarkable thing, gain no remarkable 'kills' no great contribution (except maybe stopping the Requiem for the first time), and is ALWAYS overshadowned by Shinn and later Rey.

2) One of the most lousy part of her characterization is that she has absolutely NO feelings towards war and the needs to war, which is contradictory to the whole theme of GS and GSD. Everyone else (Kira, Arthun, Cagalli, Lacus, Mu, Ramias, Dearka, Yzak and later Shinn, Rey, Talias and Meer) got second thoughts about wars and the pointlessness of fighting, but throughout the series, Luna just acted as a normal grunt, taking orders and fight and never thunk about why she is doing it. All in all, she just acts as a grunt with good looks, and surely lack character depth.

3) Her skills are just better than average. Surely she can kill other grunts, and she can survive Gundam's (Gaia) attacks well. However, much is limited that she piloted a ZAKU, and throughout the series ZAKUs are target pratices. But once she get Impulse, her performance even declined! She almost got killed by ground fire and often needs Shinn to cover her back, amd she can't even shoot down Djibel's shuttle. When put side by side with godly Shinn and Rey (in Legend), she is just outright useless.

4) Her relationship with Shinn is one of the most retarded thing ever seen. It's like 'ok you killed my sister but just now I discovered I love you!'.

All in all, Luna lacks character depths and personalities, as well as *godly* skills that nearly everyone else have. On top of that she doesn't have the awareness and thoughts about the war, which makes her an outright POINTLESS character. She deserves a remake.

I think Luna is hawt, k, i said it, flame me! lol.
Maaya Sakamoto\'s voice making her more hawter. HAaha

RikaxMishima

Silent Destiny

What I think about Lunamaria and Shinn's relationship was rather sudden. After Meyrin got "killed", Luna instantly fell in love with Shinn and so on. But I also hate Lunamaria! In the third opening of GSD, she was sticking her but out in one part and furthermore, she recieved a kiss from Shinn! Stellar never ever got that! I prefer Shinn and Stellar better. I prefer Luna and Rey since they're about the same age.

Member of Appreciating-Fllay

I really liked Lunamaria and she is definately best with Shinn. They both can relate to each other fairly easily. They also have a lot to talk about. Besides Luna is always there for Shinn like Shinn is for her (well after whats-her-face dies)

Reikuclyne

Reikuclyne

be happy!

Well, I don't hate Luna at all.
I really like her and she's definitely on my list of fav anime girl character. Ok I understand that everyone has their very own opinion so I can't just stop you guys from hating her if you don't like her. I really thank those who like Luna-sama ^_^
Well, Luna-sama is cute, pretty, and she's an amzing pilot too. And she's even such a sweet big sister!
Yey, Luna!

Signature

RikaxMishima

Silent Destiny

Now that you've said it, I'm starting to like Luna again. You see, when I saw her with Shinn...I became really angry. After Stellar died, Shinn was manipulated more by Chairman and if Stellar had not died, he would probably have less hatred and more kindness. Besides, I only think of Luna and Shinn as friends but Rey and Luna as lovers. Shinn and Luna's relationship was a rush so Reyuna (ReyxLuna) and Shinllar (ShinnxStellar) forever!

Member of Appreciating-Fllay

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Actually, I'm a LacusLuna fangirl and definitely supports ShinnLuna coupling...*just love them*
I really don't see anything annoying within Luna...and I don't think she's a shallow character too..
and I agree with onestepclosertonumb ;)
Shinn really likes Luna ;)
^_^

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

lunamaria wasn't all a useless character... but now that i think of it aren't we all bickering about some character which the most fucked-up director created? Damn you Fukuda, you could have devolped the Destiny characters so well. I do like Luna though. :D

sushi-sama

sushi-sama

Simple Pleasures

Lunamaria is a stuck-up shallow character. Sure, she's cute... And I think she knows that, she's so full of herself. I just didn't like the idea of her all over. I mean, she could get off if she is great in piloting skills.. But I don't think that would help either. First off, she wants to snag athrun.. since things didn't go her way, she snags shin.... (Meyrin's supposed murderer) I mean, really now.. you're worst than the 'pushy' meer! Gawd! My view of gundam just gets degraded after GSD. I mean, everything was stable at GS... it all went down the big,fat drain after GSD. Each and every new character flunked personality test! Thinking of Lunamaria makes you like Flay ten times better.

Not that I'm baching her or some sort. I learned to accept her a few months after the show. She can be cute when she's not talking or sticking her bossom in her poses. The thing about her and shin, was a bad idea from the start. People thought it way Luna and Rey... but Rey had to go awol. (Insanity runs in the blood) I just hoped Fukuda and the others did something stable or realistic with SxL relationship. It's just so sudden that it made the badly looked Luna, even badder.

I also think that Lunamaria is kind of a shallow character but i like her anyways, she is cute and cool. I choose Athrun and Lunamaria, i personally think they make a good couple and i don't like Cagalli that much.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

though i dun really like her and all i love her voice actress sakamoto maaya...! i mean she seems like a really irritating person sometimes, but if you see it in a different point of view, thats her personality wat can you do right? shinn likes her in the end as she was real nice to her and all, i think they should be together, after all stellar died already, and wouldn't want him to like yeah...shallow nope, i dun think so..! pointless you say? well she her character is mainly for the audiences to now whats going on in the war battle, though it has it's good and bad points. likes athrun, well what can you say? many gals like athrun too...! so why not, treats her sister bad, not really, if you ahve siblings it's always like that, even i do too, and i find her irritaing as well. about the towel thing, she's just jealous, and so on, you get the point right, why hate her, she's just a character anyway, in the end everything turned out fine right..! ^^

Signature Image

I dont like Luna~ Lalalalalalalalalala~

I don't know how I feel about her! I prefer to watch the upcoming series to decide, so I didn't vote! Please do not take me wrong but I really do not care much about her simply because some of her actions wasn't quite understandable to me. Her relatioship with Shinn sound odd to me. I prefer to see him with someone else.
The most annoying part for me was when they told her about Meyrin. She took it dramatically but then again she started relying on Shinn who was the one responsible for -apparent- death of her sister. I have a younger sister and believe me I cannot ever forgive someone for such an act that easily. I kept on putting myself on her shoes many times and always came with same result. Anger and hatred would be the first thing that would anyone feel toward someone like Shinn no matter how dear that friend is.
I would like her if she proves herself better.

P.S: I hated her spying on Athrun on Cyprus! >=(

AsuCagaIsLove

AsuCagaIsLove

Sprend AsuCagas Love Yall ^_^!!!

I think shes a SLUT she does all these gay poses as if she was a stripper!Argg!Hate her!AND shes a flirt,i hate to see her flirt with athrun asucaga4life!........bac to the point she pretty much annoys me

I hate luna!
It really doesn't matter to much to me about her chasing athrun because well, every girl chases athrun *stands in line* XD But I find her completely useless. GSD would still suck even if she wasn't in it. She is no good in a mobile suit, shes to stupid to question why the hell talia is spying on Athrun and what the hell Kira said about Lacus/Meer. Although GSD sucks if they would have thrown in a little mind talking on her part about the war etc, she wouldn't be so retarded. I was hoping Shinn would kill her when he went crazy and taught of Mayu and Stellar. XD
ShinnxLuna=most retarded pairing in GSD! Seriously cause even after they got together, she taught about stellar when she was hugging him! Ne way i perfered ReyxLuna 1000x more, theycould have made it work, Lunas go free attitude with Reys seriousness, it would have been nice to see Rey laugh cause of her XD

I'm sorry, to me, she's definitely annoying and definitely pointless. I don't want to explain it, cause those who dislike her practically said all I could think of.

So yes...

No one, bitch deserves to die. ^^ <3

You know what Uchiha?! I know you like Meyrin alot but I think she would be a better pair for Shinn Asuka that her elder sister. That's just my opinion coz she's really sweet and cute and I don't want her to be hated just because she's potential match for Athrun Zala. Yeah, she's the second best match for Shinn Asuka after Stellar in my opinion.

Lunamaria is great character, she seems to be understanding of why Shinn "killed"her sister. Even though her Sister still alive.

Quote by deathknelld
Lunamaria is great character, she seems to be understanding of why Shinn "killed"her sister. Even though her Sister still alive.

Understand and accept why someone killed your only sister? :hmpf: I cannot imagine myself doing that. No matter how right Shinn's actions were (which were not at all), still I couldn't make-up with my sister's killer that easily. Forget about going out with him. Please say something that people really feel and understand.

And now that you mentioned it, I believe Shinn and Luna have one very big difference.

Lunamaria forgave him for killing her sister shortly after the incident while Shinn was still stuck with his family's death after years. I wonder what kind of understanding she has. She was just less whinnier than Stellar and also less attractive than her. In fact I think Stellar was the only one who understood Shinn whole heartedly.

Kuna should just go with Athrun.. Ahahaha.

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 79 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.