Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 KING KONG - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Elo ppl
I'm bak from my holiday
Anywayz... straight to my KING KONG subject
Who here has seen the new Peter Jackson's KING KONG movie?
If yes i would like to know what you would rate it out of 10
And what was your favourite scene
If not, will you watch it anytime soon?

And who has seen the original KING KONG?

I've have not seen it yet, but according to reviews I've heard it's really
good.

Also there is a game based on the movie. And it's pretty good.
It came with My Magazine.
You can download the demo it's for PC...
Here...
http://www.kingkonggame.com/us/

BTW: Don't bother with the gamer edition, For Broadband and DSL it will
take aprox 7 hours
as for 56k who know how long will it finish.

Yes, I think I've seen the original version of KingKong.

Signature

king kong is a classic movie...i havent seen the new one yet so ill check it out later...i like the famous scene when kong climbs the empire state building...the famous known piece of the movie

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

Its the best movie of the year! A 10 easy! But yea it really was a great movie and I'd recommend seeing it. It was worth paying 7.50 for... There was a lot of good parts but the part where he fights the t-rexs is the best.

I haven't seen it, but I think it'll be bad....>_< .....Apes don't fall in love with people, sorry...XD And it's been remade like.....3 times! XD I heard it didn't rake in much either on its' first showing.

Quote by sangel99I haven't seen it, but I think it'll be bad....>_< .....Apes don't fall in love with people, sorry...XD And it's been remade like.....3 times! XD I heard it didn't rake in much either on its' first showing.

King Kong is king of the box office right now... And this is only the 2nd remake so.... betcha Kong could've counted to two for ya :nya: Don't assume that Kong is in love with Annie. People who have pets love their animals too, in a normal way...
Anyway, King Kong was a pretty good movie. Peter Jackson made Kong look really sympathetic and that's how it's supposed to be. In the original, Kong was always the good guy and not some never the beast. I don't have to say anything about the CG, since Peter Jackson's movies never fail in that department.

Be Free and Masturbate

bindermichi

bindermichi

Slayer of Tomatoes

Watched it yesterday and almost fell asleep... must the the psycho phenomenon... If you've seen the original this is just too much the same movie... in color, with better effects.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I personally would give it a 10, because where it was a remake, it differed enough in areas to keep it interesting and fresh (and pretty nasty in the area of bugs >.< ).

Quote by bindermichi Watched it yesterday and almost fell asleep... must the the psycho phenomenon... If you've seen the original this is just too much the same movie... in color, with better effects.

It is a long movie, but I don't agree with it being "too much the same"... Actually, the graphics of Kong himself added alot more emotion to the film because he is so expressive, and while the film is very similar in some areas, there is alot that is different too.The some of characters are even developed differently, for example: Denham is less of a kindhearted, big dreamer with good intentions and more of a dreamer that will do anything to fulfill his goals, even if other people get hurt because of it.

Quote by sangel99 I haven't seen it, but I think it'll be bad....>_< .....Apes don't fall in love with people, sorry...XD And it's been remade like.....3 times! XD I heard it didn't rake in much either on its' first showing.

Its not necessarily "falling inlove", either. Really, it came off to me more as Kong was lonely and found exceptance and belonging with Annie. In the movie you notice the bones of former giant gorillas, hinting more that he was the last of his kind rather than the only one that ever existed. As for the money, just because it didn't rake in as much as Narnia doesn't mean that it didn't get alot the first weekend. You can't always believe what you hear.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

I saw it last night, and it rocks. Its a little too long ( 3hrs ) but i didnt noticed.
I dont think it will take all the Oscars but its still very good.

OtakuDrewrbb

OtakuDrewrbb

Great Teacher Largo - MegaTokyo

*Sigh*, look King Kong was made in black and white there is no way that you could beat it BUT and this is a BIG BUT, The captivating story is very very close to the orginal and the CG makes you feel more emotionally attached to Kong and all 3 hours of the movie i was Capitivated and I was on the edge of my set the whole time, I almost lost a thumb due to how nervous i was during the movie!

You are all going to fight the Zombies, you can take my mind but not my spirt. Mosh Mosh Revolution!!!

I've not seen it yet but I will n.n
they say that it's very nice..>3 the kong looks so real LOL

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

Xine150

God of Death: WOC:demon blade

I'd say King Kong was a 8 out of 10 because it's storyline wasn't as good as the games was but my favorite scene would have to be where she starts entertaining Kong and then stops but he wants more. Then she pisses him off by telling him there will be no more then he throws the rock at the wall and it ends up falling on his head.......DAMN GRAVITY!

I am the definition of darkness. I bring fear to the fearless. I stole that last cookie. I am the God of Death. I am coming for you. Get ready. BECAUSE HERE I COME!!!!!!

Well, ill give the movie a 9.5 just because is not as good as other movies that desert a 10. :)

And my fav scene... i couldnt tell, but that when Kong , traped in the theater, noticed that the blonde girl was other jajajajaja, the face he makes :P

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

that is one movie i dont plan to see. Ive seen the original and I think from the look of the trailer that is better than the new one. I am going to definatley pass on it

Finally, I watched "King Kong" yesterday with my group of friends.

Story: A+
Setting: A+
Character: A+
Special effects: A+
Enjoyment: A+
Overall: A+++++++++ XD

This is the work of Peter Jackson's magic... (admiration ^^) another masterpiece after LOTR series. I don't want to reveal too much... for those who haven't seen the movie yet... go! buy the ticket and see it... you must watch this movie on big screen in order to have the most optimum threatre experience... now I truly understand why this movie can maintain at the No. 1 box office for the past 2 weeks ^^

A very good remake. I'm definitely going to buy a dvd so i can watch it again.
I have seen the original also.
8/10

It was a very well done movie! Peter Jackson doesn't let the length of the movie push him down. Which was the downside for me because I began nodding off near the end, though I don't blame the movie, just the fact that it was 11 pm.

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

i havent seen the original king kong. but anyways i thought the movie was AWESOME! though like what sugarpixel said, the ending sort of was gettin dull. but i enjoyed it a lot, everything keeps you interested, despite the length of the movie it didnt matter so much since every detail was significant to understand everything. i give it like a 8.5/10.
my favorite scene was *SPOILER*
when King Kong was fighting those three t-rexs. i thought it was really good fight scene and it was ironic that they didnt die when they fell of the cliff, and that the girl came face to face with two of them in those vine thingys. anyways yeah it was a really good movie *two thumbs up*

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

I gave it 10 even though is 3 hours movie. Is still worth. I so gald that they stay with the first King Kong movie. I will buy the movie once it come out for sure.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

I don't really like it but anyway, the way that they set it was pretty... awesome!

ezk

[customtitle]

my rating for King Kong: 8/10

i really liked the movie... heck, a big ape kickin' ass an' I'm sold. what I really liked was all the Kong action, as simple as that. an' of course Black's last line in the movie was awesome.
the one thing that kind of bothered me was how freakin' long it took to finally get to Kong. I mean I'm not against long movies but it just felt stretched to me.
I'm certainly gonna pick this one up on DVD when it comes out... I hope for a lot of Makin'-Of kind of features.

"Riffs!"
"Yeah, right!"
"Who are The Warriors?"

syeung321

syeung321

~Midnight Angel~

i thought it took too long for kong to come too...considering that the movie title is called "king kong" , and he came out like after half the movie was gone... but i thought the movie was really sad expecially if you think in kong's point of view....hehe^^

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by syeung321i thought it took too long for kong to come too...considering that the movie title is called "king kong" , and he came out like after half the movie was gone... but i thought the movie was really sad expecially if you think in kong's point of view....hehe^^

lol I noticed a lot of people said that the first hour of the film is boring coz there's no Kong. But you gotta remember that there are REAL actors in the film too :P and it's not all about giant monkeys fighting with T-Rex.

IMO a great film. 8.5/10. Very entertaining. Jack Black did a really good job, whereas the other main characters (that chick and that writer guy) were okay but not really memorable. I thought that King Kong would be a disappointing film, but I was hooked all the way from the beginning till the very end.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Have seen the new one (rating 7/10)
My favourite scene is the fight with the two dinosaurs!^^
So dawm cool!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.